ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working illegally

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

homesweethome
Newly Registered

Working illegally

Post by homesweethome » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi guys, My friend has a problem. He is on a tier 4 visa. When he first applied he had 20 hours work allowed. He then renewed his visa and then the right of work was removed. However he has failed to tell his employer and kept working. He has now gone to renew his visa again under tier 4. However on the application form it asks for his national insurance number. Obviously the immigration officer will make the checks and realise that he has worked illegally. I have advised my friend that he should not have done this. Will he be deported straight away?
I welcome your comments.

Deviser

Re: Working illegally

Post by Deviser » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 am

homesweethome wrote:Hi guys, My friend has a problem. He is on a tier 4 visa. When he first applied he had 20 hours work allowed. He then renewed his visa and then the right of work was removed. However he has failed to tell his employer and kept working. He has now gone to renew his visa again under tier 4. However on the application form it asks for his national insurance number. Obviously the immigration officer will make the checks and realise that he has worked illegally. I have advised my friend that he should not have done this. Will he be deported straight away?
I welcome your comments.
Not deport. If they find out that breach of law, they will send him refusal and removal letter. If he failure to follow their instructions, or other legal proceedure, than they will deport him.

He cannot hide his NI Number. Otherwise application may refuse with deception or hiding of facts reasons. Bear in mind UKBA knows everything as he must previously given that NI number to UKBA.

studio123
Newly Registered

Post by studio123 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Deviser wrote:
homesweethome wrote:Hi guys, My friend has a problem. He is on a tier 4 visa. When he first applied he had 20 hours work allowed. He then renewed his visa and then the right of work was removed. However he has failed to tell his employer and kept working. He has now gone to renew his visa again under tier 4. However on the application form it asks for his national insurance number. Obviously the immigration officer will make the checks and realise that he has worked illegally. I have advised my friend that he should not have done this. Will he be deported straight away?
I welcome your comments.
Not deport. If they find out that breach of law, they will send him refusal and removal letter. If he failure to follow their instructions, or other legal proceedure, than they will deport him.

He cannot hide his NI Number. Otherwise application may refuse with deception or hiding of facts reasons. Bear in mind UKBA knows everything as he must previously given that NI number to UKBA.
Now days they don't need NI to check his status with HMRC.

Employer will be fined as well as they should have checked his new Visa. is it clearly says work is not allowed.

askhan
United Kingdom

Re:

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 pm

i second to deviser, he will receive a refusal and removal letter but they will keep the passport. NO Appeal rights will be given to him afaik.

he must need to mention the NI number if he is lucky might be the CW will not check his NI details.but if he is from a college then UKBA will definitely check his working status
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

homesweethome
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by homesweethome » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:31 pm

askhan wrote:i second to deviser, he will receive a refusal and removal letter but they will keep the passport. NO Appeal rights will be given to him afaik.

he must need to mention the NI number if he is lucky might be the CW will not check his NI details.but if he is from a college then UKBA will definitely check his working status
Thanks for your advise guys. Presumably they would keep the passport in case he does a runner? Also once tickets are booked etc then they would return his passport to him?

z18runway

Re:

Post by z18runway » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 pm

homesweethome wrote:
askhan wrote:i second to deviser, he will receive a refusal and removal letter but they will keep the passport. NO Appeal rights will be given to him afaik.

Thanks for your advise guys. Presumably they would keep the passport in case he does a runner? Also once tickets are booked etc then they would return his passport to him?
I think he will be collecting his passport from the airport while leaving this country, but better to fill the NI number

neverz
Newly Registered

Post by neverz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Deviser wrote:
I welcome your comments.

i have same situation could you please tell me what happened with your friend application

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:43 pm

My one friend got refusal on same issue and left UK.

neverz
Newly Registered

Post by neverz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:01 am

Deviser wrote:My one friend got refusal on same issue and left UK.
is he applied by post or in person ? can you please discuss his situation in detail what if i didnt work in last three months before applying

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:19 pm

neverz wrote:
Deviser wrote:My one friend got refusal on same issue and left UK.
is he applied by post or in person ? can you please discuss his situation in detail what if i didnt work in last three months before applying
Immigration Laws are same either you apply in person or by post. If you apply in person, they will make it postal by not providing you decision on appointment day. They will just send you home and than a letter come with refusal and instructions how to collect your passport at Airport departure lounge. I have seen and heard 100z of cases.

One recent case I have seen, student arrive in UK for one year top-up BA degree but he actually didn't have money to pay fee. He borrow money from some relative and work full time + overtime for first 6 months to pay back. Than next six months he did not work just studied and passed the exam. But when he applied for visa extension for Master degree, he got refusal on working breach and got his passport back at airport departure lounge. Now you can imagine the situation.