ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in the UK test: address on the certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie_2013

life in the UK test: address on the certificate

Post by newbie_2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi all,

To be precise: Should the address on the LIUK certificate match the address we provide in the ILR application?

I ask this because I live in the north, but I have been in London temporarily at my sister's for the last 2 months due to work and personal reasons. I need to take LIUK test soon and was wondering if I have to travel all the way up north to do it (because the booking system only lets you pick the centres near the postcode registered) or can I do it in London. I do have relevant address proof for my london address so I can give the present postcode, but was just thinking if it will pose a problem at the time of ILR application as I will be putting my north address for ILR.

thanks in advance :)

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Do LIUK test certificate has address details on it? I have given in November and it doesnt have ..

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:42 pm

The address is verified by checking your driving licence etc. So give the address which is on your official documents.

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:54 pm

dimension7 wrote:The address is verified by checking your driving licence etc. So give the address which is on your official documents.
Thanks for the reply. Online booking only allows you to book a test in centres near the address you supply during registration. I can supply my official north address but by doing that I need to travel up north to take test. Now I can also supply my temporary London address (with document proof ofcourse) and take test here with out travelling all the way up north. My only problem is : " Should the address on LIUK certificate match the one we give in ILR application?"

In that case I need to give my official address in the north and travel up north to take the test :)

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:55 pm

vivdubes wrote:Do LIUK test certificate has address details on it? I have given in November and it doesnt have ..
If that's true, i'd be happy to give out my temporary london address and take test near by.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:57 pm

newbie_2013 wrote:
vivdubes wrote:Do LIUK test certificate has address details on it? I have given in November and it doesnt have ..
If that's true, i'd be happy to give out my temporary london address and take test near by.
What documented proof you have for your current address?

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:32 pm

tahirnaveed wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:
What documented proof you have for your current address?
i have one of my bank card statements. I put my temp address as a correspondence address for that account as I dont use that card anymore but is still valid. So the statements have my temp address on them :)

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:24 am

as per their website:
Do I need to bring any identification to my test?

When you register for a Life in the UK account we'll ask what ID you'll bring with you on the day of your test.It is very important that you bring the same ID that you registered with to your test - if you do not bring the same ID you will not be able to take your test and you will not receive a refund of your test fee.

We'll also ask you for proof of your address. Please bring an original of one of the following (photocopies or printouts will not be accepted):

gas/electricity/water bill,
a council tax bill,
bank or credit card statement,
UK photocard driving licence,
or a letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it.
You won't be able to take your test without the above documents, so please don't forget to bring them with you.

Please remember you are only able to take your test at one of your five nearest test centres to your postcode - and you will need to provide proof of this postcode as set out above

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Thanks for the replies

I guess I need to be more clear with my question: "Will be ok if LIUK pass certificate has a different postcode on it when compared to the postcode I put on my ILR application in the future?"

thanks

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:44 am

Do LIUK test certificate has address details on it? I have given in November and it doesnt have ..
The result card has Post Code on it which you provide at the time of test as a proof of ID. I passed in March 2013 and it has the post code marked on same as my ID document.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:56 am

please see this which i asked to this forum;

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:08 am

Sahib wrote:please see this which i asked to this forum;

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
thanks Sahib

This answers my question. I will go ahead and book the test near my temp address. I understand that my temporary postcode will be printed on the certificate, and the postcode on my ILR application will be that of my permanent address. But I guess it wouldn't cause any problems as long as the name and other details are correct.

cheers

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:07 am

Btw before you do that I will tell you a personal experience.

I know of someone who gave my details as she couldn’t find an appointment near her place of residence and when she attended the test she was refused because she should ve only booked a test where she originally lives. In case if you decide to book your test using your driving license and it has an address of somewhere else you will find it difficult to do the test.

We called LIUK and they said that they won’t refund the payment and

All the best

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:42 am

alimohmand wrote:Btw before you do that I will tell you a personal experience.

I know of someone who gave my details as she couldn’t find an appointment near her place of residence and when she attended the test she was refused because she should ve only booked a test where she originally lives. In case if you decide to book your test using your driving license and it has an address of somewhere else you will find it difficult to do the test.

We called LIUK and they said that they won’t refund the payment and

All the best
hmm my proof of id is biometric residence permit. but still what you've pointed is worth noting.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:11 am

I don't think you should book test where you live. What if someone could not find any test slots at the place he/she lives?
I believe you can book test anywhere in UK as long as your proof of ID has the same name & address which you used at the time of booking. If you pass the exam and got certificate, you can use it. there should be no question why did you not book test at the same place/city where you stay?

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:47 am

Sahib wrote:
I don't think you should book test where you live. What if someone could not find any test slots at the place he/she lives?
I believe you can book test anywhere in UK as long as your proof of ID has the same name & address which you used at the time of booking. If you pass the exam and got certificate, you can use it. there should be no question why did you not book test at the same place/city where you stay?
+1 for that