ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa : Accomodation: council tax on landlord's name

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fj2020
Newly Registered

Spouse visa : Accomodation: council tax on landlord's name

Post by fj2020 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 am

I'm a settled person in UK and my wife is applying visa from Pakistan.

I'm living in a three bedroom house. Landlord has rented two bedrooms to a family(couple with 13yr old daughter) and one double bedroom to myself.

I've got a home inspection report from environment agency that this accommodation is fit for my wife. Along with this a tenancy agreement for the double bedroom. My name is on electoral register for over an year. No bills are on my name as its all inclusive accommodation.

Council tax is on landlord's name and he is using this house as his main address(although he is a live out landlord).

Now, I'm a bit unsure what should i write in visa form that ask
"2.7 Does anyone, other than your sponsor, live in the >>>>>>>
property?"

Should I put landlord's name?
or family's detail who are actually living there?

To what extent home office go to check these accommodation proofs(electoral, council, or more)? should it be ok Not to show this family as living here?

thanks for taking time to read. Hope you guys would not mind sharing your experience!
regards,

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:55 am

You should answer the question with the details of who is actually living in the house.

If your council tax and bills are included in the rent you may want to explain that in a covering letter. Hopefully your tenancy agreement will also make this clear.

batleykhan

Re: Spouse visa : Accomodation: council tax on landlord's na

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 pm

fj2020 wrote:I'm a settled person in UK and my wife is applying visa from Pakistan.

I'm living in a three bedroom house. Landlord has rented two bedrooms to a family(couple with 13yr old daughter) and one double bedroom to myself.

I've got a home inspection report from environment agency that this accommodation is fit for my wife. Along with this a tenancy agreement for the double bedroom. My name is on electoral register for over an year. No bills are on my name as its all inclusive accommodation.

Council tax is on landlord's name and he is using this house as his main address(although he is a live out landlord).

Now, I'm a bit unsure what should i write in visa form that ask
"2.7 Does anyone, other than your sponsor, live in the >>>>>>>
property?"

Write "Nobody else lives in YOUR part of the shared house,except you."

Should I put landlord's name?
or family's detail who are actually living there?

There is no requirement for you to put down names of other people who live in the other part of the house as its rented accommodation.Your Assured Short hold Tenancy agreement should suffice,,,,however there is no harm in you mentioning in your supporting letter that your landlord and another family who are not related to you lives in the shared accommodation,

To what extent home office go to check these accommodation proofs(electoral, council, or more)? should it be ok Not to show this family as living here?

They normally don't bother as long as you have a legal tenancy agreement, so don't worry to much

thanks for taking time to read. Hope you guys would not mind sharing your experience!
regards,

fj2020
Newly Registered

Post by fj2020 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate your help!!