ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 am

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:@babycakes after your mp contacted the ombudsman how long did it takes for you to get back your documents? I have got an appointment with my mp tomorrow.
About a week after ombudsman got involve ukba replied saying my application will be completed in 2 weeks so about 3 weeks
Oh k hun got an appointment with mp today

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:45 am

babycakes wrote:
GodGives wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote: Ok great

Babycakes thanx for reply been here since age of 14 previously granted dlr for me and ma dependant back in oct 2009. I made a in time application for extension.I have got 2 british kids age 7 and 6 and I have got a 10 year old whose on my flr o application,but because he's 10 he can register as a british citizen and I also got a 1 year old and because of previous dv I'm the primary carer for all children.
You will be fine ,similar case to myself.
They can't touch you!
Nice to see u are still contributing to d forum babycakes. Where u granted 30months?
3yrs this was an extension to my previous 3 yrs leave,
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:47 am

babycakes wrote:
GodGives wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
Ok great thanks for sharing

Babycakes thanx for reply been here since age of 14 previously granted dlr for me and ma dependant back in oct 2009. I made a in time application for extension.I have got 2 british kids age 7 and 6 and I have got a 10 year old whose on my flr o application,but because he's 10 he can register as a british citizen and I also got a 1 year old and because of previous dv I'm the primary carer for all children.
You will be fine ,similar case to myself.
They can't touch you!
Nice to see u are still contributing to d forum babycakes. Where u granted 30months?
3yrs this was an extension to my previous 3 yrs leave,
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 am

Ok great thanks babycakes for sharing. Mine is a fresh flro. Waiting 15months. Contacting my.mp again on Monday
Godgives

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:54 am

Sanny let me know how your appointment with the mp goes. I am thinking of contacting mine soon.

Are you meant to contact your mp before an ombudsman?

App received 10/09/2012
Bio done 17/02/2013
Waiting
(I have British husband and child)

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 am

smatts07 wrote:Sanny let me know how your appointment with the mp goes. I am thinking of contacting mine soon.

Are you meant to contact your mp before an ombudsman?

App received 10/09/2012
Bio done 17/02/2013
Waiting
(I have British husband and child)
The Ombudsman supplements the work of MPs in investigating complaints and possible injustices in some public services such as H.O. For example if you think the H.O has caused you an injustice, first you write a letter to the complaint Department of the H.O. If you are still not happy with their response, then you address the matter to your MP, asking him to present your case to the Ombudsman for investigation. Once the Ombudsman accepts your request, he will ask the H.O to repair the damage caused to you. The H.O will execute and end of story.

It is better to contact your MP first. If you do contact the Ombudsman first, he may send you back to your MP.

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Urgent, need help!

Post by cutepanda » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 pm

hi guys, I need your advices. I am a fresh applicant of FLO, but I got refused today as I do not have a british child, but I have been given right to appeal. Please, if you know anything about the appeal, it gonna be very helpful to me. And do I need to hair a solicitor to appeal??

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent, need help!

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:28 pm

cutepanda wrote:hi guys, I need your advices. I am a fresh applicant of FLO, but I got refused today as I do not have a british child, but I have been given right to appeal. Please, if you know anything about the appeal, it gonna be very helpful to me. And do I need to hair a solicitor to appeal??
Yes please get a solicitor. Could u share Ur case and timeline. Also what was the reasons for refusal. It can't just be because u don't have a British child thanks
Godgives

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Post by cutepanda » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:33 pm

well, i applied in Dec, 2012, acknowledged in Jan, bio done in 12th March, refused on 27th June.

I have a british husband, exchange visa from student to spouse. but we cannot meet the financial acquirement, i applied 10 years' route.

They refused me coz I just have been here for 3 years, I dont have a british chid with partner. and they dont think we can't live together in my country.

that's it. they gave me right to appeal

yahwadud

Solicitor

Post by yahwadud » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Cutepanda.sorry for the refusal.i just won't appeal .my solicitor is very cheap and good.plus the barristers he uses for appeal are top class.i can give you his contact address if you wish.good luck

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Post by cutepanda » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 pm

hi yahwadud, thanks for your apply. would u mind to pass me your solicitor's contact details, and if you don't appeal, how can you stay here?

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:05 pm

cutepanda wrote:well, i applied in Dec, 2012, acknowledged in Jan, bio done in 12th March, refused on 27th June.

I have a british husband, exchange visa from student to spouse. but we cannot meet the financial acquirement, i applied 10 years' route.

They refused me coz I just have been here for 3 years, I dont have a british chid with partner. and they dont think we can't live together in my country.

check your inbox

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:05 pm

cutepanda wrote:well, i applied in Dec, 2012, acknowledged in Jan, bio done in 12th March, refused on 27th June.

Ok you need a lawyer definately. It's mainly the length of time u have been here really and the financial requirement. You need a good solicitor now. You husband has to prove he can look after you and why u both cannot return. For him u can stud he is British, born here, works and has no ties to.Ur home country. Evidence is key. All the best hun
Godgives

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:09 pm

cutepanda wrote:hi yahwadud, thanks for your apply. would u mind to pass me your solicitor's contact details, and if you don't appeal, how can you stay here?
i was refused bcos I have no kids with my British partner aswell and also bcos am an overstayer and was arrested working illegally but I won the appeal .check yr inbox for my lawyer details

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Post by cutepanda » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:10 pm

have no ties means I dont have siblings and parents in my home country right? if so, I really dont have any ties in my country, and I wrote this on a cover letter which attached with my application.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:42 pm

cutepanda wrote:have no ties means I dont have siblings and parents in my home country right? if so, I really dont have any ties in my country, and I wrote this on a cover letter which attached with my application.
"No ties" could be a very vague expression that start from "No family ties?" and extends to "No cultural ties?", for example do you belong to any community back home, do you still speak their language, do you still have good friends there...?

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Post by cutepanda » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:42 pm

i really wanna know if i submit the appeal form, how long i have to wait until they inform me the date to appeal?

anyone can tell me how long it gonna take?

many thanks!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:11 pm

cutepanda wrote:i really wanna know if i submit the appeal form, how long i have to wait until they inform me the date to appeal?

anyone can tell me how long it gonna take?

many thanks!
Sorry about the refusal. With the appeals I think they are a bit fast these days. I know of someone who submitted their appeal on the 24th of June this month and got appeal date 2 days later for the 9th of July. So fingers crossed you will also get one soonest!

cutepanda
Newly Registered

Post by cutepanda » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Thank you Time503!

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:14 pm

cutepanda wrote:hi yahwadud, thanks for your apply. would u mind to pass me your solicitor's contact details, and iiif you don't appeal, how can you stay here?
sorry cutepanda.i meant to type (I have just won my appeal)

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:15 pm

cutepanda wrote:hi yahwadud, thanks for your apply. would u mind to pass me your solicitor's contact details, and if you don't appeal, how can you stay here?
sorry,I mean I have just won my appeal

Ponmodoro
Newly Registered

Re: Please help me

Post by Ponmodoro » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Al Haqq wrote:
Ponmodoro wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
Ponmodoro wrote:Please my people help me,I am confuse.

This flr(o) I guess it is at the discretion of home office right?
What are the chances of someone who has a sickness being granted.
Application submitted since october but i no hear from them at all.
I have done bio and contact MP but nothing as response.
Help me because I am sad

I am working o, still working because my employer contact them over there,
everything going well but just this visa for me.

Please just pray for me because am frustrated now.
Tireddddddddddddddd
I know someone whose family was granted on the basis of daughter being ill...it was something related to her not eating and growing very thin and had malnutrition as a result......and another one who received because he needed dialysis constantly which he could not get back home and would mean death.....so it is possible....I would advise you follow @yummys advice to go to the citizen advise bureau....

Thank you Crystal, You give me such hope and I pray you will never be dissapointed in God's name.

Thank you so much I am more than grateful, the desires of your heart will be met and you will never know sorrow by God's grace.
Was such a pleasure to read from you all, you dont know how you have made me feel. God bless and reward you.
@Ponmodoro; If it would help, I am in a similar situation as yours, after PSW, I was stuck with no other reasonable option. the solicitor suggested FLR(O) and I have no British partner nor child except having a child here and his father is not British either. Do not fret my dear, I felt exactly the same way when I first viewed this forum but on closer look it is for FLR(O) as it says.
Thanks so much dear, I really appreciate your support. You know it is not so easy but I believe our God will support us and grant us favour in the sight of those who will take the decision on our case. We will be granted by God's grace. Thank you so much dear.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:47 pm

We will be in July next week. Will the H.O fulfil their promise of clearing their backlog by the end of summer? The good thing about H.O is that their reputation does not help their cause when it comes to settle a dispute in Court. It is unfortunate because this organisation should be seen to be credible.

RIGHTEOUS
Newly Registered

Post by RIGHTEOUS » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:06 pm

hie everyone, i am new to the forum. I have submitted my application today for renewal of my discretionary leave to remain. I will keep my fingers crossed for a fast renewal and pray for success.

God bless you all, and i hope you all receive good news soon.

:) :)

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Help people ...... Got the form from ombomsman and filled it in and when to my mp to summit it for them to sign n send it off this morning later I got a letter from my mp saying they have wrote to the ukba about the delay again because they contacted them on my behalf 6months ago

Does this mean they won't pass my fill to ombomsman ?