ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should UKBA send me a Biometric Residence Permit?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

4uvak000

Should UKBA send me a Biometric Residence Permit?

Post by 4uvak000 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi everybody. Could anybody make it clear to me my situation. I received a notice of decision saying that I have been granted an extension of stay on the basis of long residence for the period of 2 years. Should UKBA send me a Biometric Residence Permit? They have my biometric data. They sent me back all supporting documents I sent with my application. In the Notice of decision it says nothing about BRP, but I phoned to UKBA and they said it should arrive within 10 working days which has passed already. They also said that it should say in my Notice of decision when my BRP will arrive and contact email (I found it on their website) in case it is not arrived within 10 days. But there was no such information in the Notice of Decision. I am a bit confused. UKBA has lost my passport 10 years ago and I am unable to get a new one as they refuse to send me a letter saying that they lost it and my embassy requires this letter. So I have no passport, no BRP - no chance to pass Life in UK Test. Any ideas?

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Anyone?

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:23 am

After 1 week and 144 views still no reply... Should I change the name of my post?
Update. I sent a request to UKBA via e-mail. Here is the answer: "Thank you for your enquiry regarding the delivery of your Biometric Residence Permits (BRP). This has been passed to the caseworker who should contact you directly. You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received the BRP."
Pretty standard I think. It was 4 days ago. It is nearly a month since the Notice of decision has been issued. Still no one contacted me.
All people I know who received BRP told me that it said when they will receive their BRP in their notice of decision. It was nothing said about BRP in my notice of decision. Has anyone had the same situation? Is there any chance that UKBA knowing that I do not have a passport did not send my BRP so I was unable to pass a Life in UK test and apply for ILR? Or is it my sick imagination? After fighting them for long 10 years I would not be surprised at all.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 am

You say UKBA lost your passport 10 years ago?What have you done about it for the past 10 years.

You are better pleading with your embassy telling them your predicament.As for the status papers chase them or better still involve your lawyer or mp.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:47 am

peppekalle wrote:You say UKBA lost your passport 10 years ago?What have you done about it for the past 10 years.

You are better pleading with your embassy telling them your predicament.As for the status papers chase them or better still involve your lawyer or mp.
As to my passport it is a long and complicated story. In short, I found out that they lost it 4 years ago. Before that they claimed that they were considering my application for student visa... I have been to my embassy 4 times, but unfortunately they refuse to issue me a new passport finding 100 reasons from printer not working to requirement to bring a letter from UKBA stating the reason why I require the passport. Which is nonsense as it is a job of embassy to issue a new passport to citizens if it is lost. I think the reason was I did not have visa at that time fighting UKBA in court. It seems they got some kind of settlement with UKBA not to issue a passport to someone without visa in UK, but of cause I can not prove it and I might be wrong. I am waiting for my birth certificate to be returned from UKBA (hope they did not lost it). As soon as I receive it I will go to my embassy again. But I do not have a visa, only Notice of decision, which seems to be not enough for embassy. Will see... I thought of bringing my embassy to Human Rights court as they clearly breaching my human rights. Would that help? Or to cease the citizenship of my country as there is no reason to be a citizen of the country which is not just unhelpful but makes my life harder. But it seems it is not that easy to cease the citizenship.
As to involving MP - should I do it now or wait for 28 days as it says in e-mail I received from UKBA?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:27 pm

I am feeling your pain and anger.You cant take your embassy to court for breaching your rights.Even if you found the officer responsible for denying you a passport you will probably find he or she is untouchable as they are diplomats.

Do you know anyone back home who can arrange a passport for you .As for the fight with UKBA it is your word against theirs unless you have some other proof.I suggest go to your mp after 3 months from the date you were due to receive your residence permit and tell him or her to chase it for you.

You cant rescind your country's citizenship unless of course you are a dual citizen.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:56 pm

peppekalle wrote:I am feeling your pain and anger.You cant take your embassy to court for breaching your rights.Even if you found the officer responsible for denying you a passport you will probably find he or she is untouchable as they are diplomats.

Do you know anyone back home who can arrange a passport for you .As for the fight with UKBA it is your word against theirs unless you have some other proof.I suggest go to your mp after 3 months from the date you were due to receive your residence permit and tell him or her to chase it for you.

You cant rescind your country's citizenship unless of course you are a dual citizen.
Yes, you are right. I will speak to my MP. Probably I am pushing too fast and the reason for that is that I have been waiting too long in the past, but you cannot "make rain start when you need it", so sometimes you need to wait... I did not find the way to sort my passport in my home country without me going there. So, I will wait for all my documents from UKBA, chase them with MP, and go to my embassy again. This is the best I can do at the moment. All I wanted to know was if everybody did receive their Notice of decision stating that their BRP will follow. Because in my Notice of decision it was not mentioned about BRP. Can UKBA grant an extension of stay on the basis of long residence without issuing actual BRP? Assuming I gave them all my biometrics.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 pm

What did the notice of decision say?If you are entitled to a permit you will be issued with one.In the notice of decision there is some numbers and or fax numbers.Write to them or phone them and ask about your permit.

If you need to do biometrics they will let you know.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:45 pm

The Notice of decision says that I am not qualified for ILR because I did not send a Life in UK Test Certificate. I could not pass the test as I do not hold any ID suitable for test centre. But I have been granted an extension of stay (student visa) on the basis of long residence for the period of 2 years. That I do not need to wait for 2 years and I am eligible to apply for ILR once I have Life in UK test certificate. The contact details on the letter: Postal address, fax on request (there is no number), and Homeoffice website. This is it. There are no phone/fax numbers there. There is nothing about BRP.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 pm

peppekalle wrote:
If you need to do biometrics they will let you know.
I have already done my biometrics last year. I received a Biometric Letter a month after I have sent application for ILR. So they have my biometrics for this application.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Your priority now should be getting your id so you can sit for life in UK exam.I managed to sit mine with an expired passport by almost 10 years.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:52 pm

You are right. I will do everything to get it. The easiest way was to get BRP as the LUK Test center accept it as form of ID. But it seems there are no easy ways with UKBA... It is always a hard way.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Update. BRP received on 5/7/2013. Thanks everybody for support. MP still did not get back... It seems recently MPs are not really keen to get involved in the solving problems with UKBA... Will see