ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Child Benefit - Documents Needed

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

valeed.naim2

Claiming Child Benefit - Documents Needed

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:30 am

Hello,

I must say this form is usefull on all the stages.

we want to apply the child benefit of UK born child and we both are on ILR status. we received the ILR last month.

I want to confirm which documents I need to include along with form.

1). Original Child Birth Certificate only

Does its also required the copy of immigration status on my wife. She is on ILR status.

My wife is claiming on for my child. Thanks,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:33 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:37 am

D4109125 wrote:Please see Paperwork you'll need (click)
Thanks for your reply but it will be more helpful if you confirm do I need to send copy on immigration status documents or not?

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:40 am

The link which you sent me does not say I need to sent the immigration status documents but in the form it is asking about DATE OF IMMIGTATION STATUS GRANTED AND COPY OF HOME OFFICE DOCUMENTS.

You'll need one of the following certificates for your child when you claim:
• a birth certificate
• a birth certificate you get after adoption
• an adoption certificate

This must be the original and not a copy. The Child Benefit Office will send it back to you when they have finished with it.

If you haven't got the certificate, send the Child Benefit Office your claim form anyway. They'll ask you to send the certificate later.

You don't need to send the certificates for any of your children that you (or someone else) have had Child Benefit for in the past.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:48 am

valeed.naim2 wrote:The link which you sent me does not say I need to sent the immigration status documents but in the form it is asking about DATE OF IMMIGTATION STATUS GRANTED AND COPY OF HOME OFFICE DOCUMENTS.

You'll need one of the following certificates for your child when you claim:
• a birth certificate
• a birth certificate you get after adoption
• an adoption certificate

This must be the original and not a copy. The Child Benefit Office will send it back to you when they have finished with it.

If you haven't got the certificate, send the Child Benefit Office your claim form anyway. They'll ask you to send the certificate later.

You don't need to send the certificates for any of your children that you (or someone else) have had Child Benefit for in the past.
Send a copy of the ilr that is the home office document.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.