ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEADLINE for registering business after receiving visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niomi
United States of America

DEADLINE for registering business after receiving visa

Post by niomi » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:41 am

In order to extend the Tier 1, it says that after receiving the visa in 6 months one must have:

registered with HM Revenue & Customs as self-employed; or
registered a new business in which you are a director; or
registered as a director of an existing business.

I have registered with Companies House in the correct time period.

But as for the bolded part, does this mean I must also have told HMRC I am active within 6 months (i.e., start actively trading within 6 months?)?[/list]

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:05 pm

did u apply under 50k/200k?

if u applied within uk with 50k access then u dont need to worry abt that.

however for those with 200k access as well as got visa from outside uk they have to get everything done within 6 month of their visa.

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'm 200k from within the UK. It sounds like I should get it all done within the 6 months?

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:39 pm

Dear Darvesh,

Does that mean that people who applied within UK from PSW(50K route) will automatically get 20 points for extension without doing anything?
It is not clear from the Policy guidance.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:07 pm

for psw what are requirements????

for psw u must be registered as self employed or director of a new or existed business before u apply for visa. so how many time u want to register urself with hmrc unless u opening a new business?

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Dear Darvesh, Yes I do understand your point of view but the Policy guidance must have stated this clearly but it doesn't. Please read below excerpt from Policy guidance:

Section B: registered within six months of entering

74.You must have been registered as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs, registered
a new company in which you are a Director, or been registered as a Director of an existing company within the six months after entering the category (your specified date is defined
in the glossary). You must meet the requirement if your previous leave was as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), and supply documentary evidence as specified in the Immigration Rules and the ‘Documents we require’ section below. You must provide this evidence even if you were registered as self-employed or as a director before you entered the route. Your leave may be curtailed (removed) if you are found not to have fulfilled this requirement.

Is it not confusing now?

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Darvesh wrote:for psw what are requirements????

for psw u must be registered as self employed or director of a new or existed business before u apply for visa. so how many time u want to register urself with hmrc unless u opening a new business?
GOOD QUESTION.????????????? :roll:

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:34 pm

As far as I remember, This is applicable for those who entered in this country on Tier 1 E visa. So not applicable for 50K PSW coz its understood that one having a T1E via PSW has already done this.

Legal Advisor wrote:Dear Darvesh, Yes I do understand your point of view but the Policy guidance must have stated this clearly but it doesn't. Please read below excerpt from Policy guidance:

Section B: registered within six months of entering

74.You must have been registered as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs, registered
a new company in which you are a Director, or been registered as a Director of an existing company within the six months after entering the category (your specified date is defined
in the glossary). You must meet the requirement if your previous leave was as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), and supply documentary evidence as specified in the Immigration Rules and the ‘Documents we require’ section below. You must provide this evidence even if you were registered as self-employed or as a director before you entered the route. Your leave may be curtailed (removed) if you are found not to have fulfilled this requirement.

Is it not confusing now?
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:37 am

You must provide this evidence even if you were registered as self-employed or as a director before you entered the route. Your leave may be curtailed (removed) if you are found not to have fulfilled this requirement.
how u interpret mentioned above?

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:17 am

Darvesh wrote:
You must provide this evidence even if you were registered as self-employed or as a director before you entered the route. Your leave may be curtailed (removed) if you are found not to have fulfilled this requirement.
how u interpret mentioned above?
It says before you entered so I still believe its talking about application made from outside uk. which is also section b heading

Section B registered within six months of entering
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Guys please do not get confused with the point.

If you were registered as a director of a business before you applied for the visa then you "do not have to register again within 6 months"

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi Entrepreneur9,

Based on what evidence do you claim that we do not have to register again? The policy guidance clearly states that we have to.

And if this is not the case, then Home office should take their sweet time to make ammendments in the Policy guidance ASAP. It is these trvial things that home office take note of and refuse applications. Someone please get in touch with UKBA about it and get it sorted

Thank you

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Legal Advisor - I am saying this based on "common sense"

I am going to follow this because I believe I am right.

Everyone has there own opinion which I cannot change.

With regards to amendment of policy guidance, UKBA is not interested in amending anything, they are interested in your money and nothing else.

I dont have time to contact UKBA to request them to change the details, but if anyone in this forum has got some free time then please go ahead if you want to.

Good Luck
Legal Advisor wrote:Hi Entrepreneur9,

Based on what evidence do you claim that we do not have to register again? The policy guidance clearly states that we have to.

And if this is not the case, then Home office should take their sweet time to make ammendments in the Policy guidance ASAP. It is these trvial things that home office take note of and refuse applications. Someone please get in touch with UKBA about it and get it sorted

Thank you

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:22 pm

@ legal adviser .

why a registered business need to register itself?

Entrepreneur9 is right and he properly interpret what it shud be.

if u still aint happy then go and re-register ur business. end of story

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:49 am

Can i confirm:

they say that within 6 months, for extension of entrepreneur visa, you must have: 'registered as a director of an existing business.'

Does this ALSO mean I must have registered with HM Revenue & Customs (i.e., been ACTIVELY trading within 6 months?)

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:55 pm

niomi wrote:Can i confirm:

they say that within 6 months, for extension of entrepreneur visa, you must have: 'registered as a director of an existing business.'

Does this ALSO mean I must have registered with HM Revenue & Customs (i.e., been ACTIVELY trading within 6 months?)
So in this case one has to start business within 6 months of visa.

I also read in the guide that the 6 months starts from the day of entry in UK is that right?

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:03 pm

MTZ510 wrote:
niomi wrote:Can i confirm:

So in this case one has to start business within 6 months of visa.

I also read in the guide that the 6 months starts from the day of entry in UK is that right?
Yes, I have started my company with Company's House. But when am I required to register with HMRC in order to extend my visa?

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:26 pm

when u register with company house then ur details pass on to HMRC as well and they will send you letter as well.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Darvesh wrote:when u register with company house then ur details pass on to HMRC as well and they will send you letter as well.
Please advice that whether the two entreprenuer team members can register as self employed persons and run a common business?

Is it necessary to start a business in order to register with HMRC?

Once registered with HMRC how much tax is deducted every month?

Thanks

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:00 am

there is no fix tax deducted every month. tax determined by ur income.

u can register with HMRC as self employed as well director...its depends on ur nature of ur business. being director mean u established a business while being self employed mean u work for urself or work casual.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Darvesh wrote:there is no fix tax deducted every month. tax determined by ur income.

u can register with HMRC as self employed as well director...its depends on ur nature of ur business. being director mean u established a business while being self employed mean u work for urself or work casual.
- If i register as a self employed with HMRC and invest 200k in 3 years will it be fine for extension?

- Can i change my status from self employed to director later on?

- to register with HMRC one has to first get NI , is this possible while living in temporary accomodation in UK

Thank you for your help

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:36 pm

MTZ510 wrote:
Darvesh wrote:there is no fix tax deducted every month. tax determined by ur income.

- If i register as a self employed with HMRC and invest 200k in 3 years will it be fine for extension?

- to register with HMRC one has to first get NI , is this possible while living in temporary accomodation in UK

Thank you for your help
You must hire 2 people within 3 years as well, so you cannot just be self-employed. Start a limited company right away.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:57 pm

u can change from director to self emplyed or vice versa
u can apply for NI at any address where u can get ur post.

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:39 am

Darvesh wrote:u can change from director to self emplyed or vice versa
u can apply for NI at any address where u can get ur post.
Thank you dear

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:42 am

niomi wrote:
MTZ510 wrote:

Thank you for your help
You must hire 2 people within 3 years as well, so you cannot just be self-employed. Start a limited company right away.
Thank you.