ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - EEA4 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sylvia532

Please help - EEA4 application

Post by sylvia532 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi,

I submitted my EEA4 application this morning. Just checked the home office website and found information about EEA applications changing from 1st of July and new fees being introduced. On top of that the address to which the applications are to be sent to differs from the one on the old application.
I'm complitely TERRIFIED now!! It's Saturday 29th of June today which means the Home Office will receive my application on Monday 1st of July. It says on the new application that any application submitted on the 1st of July must be accompanied by the fee otherwise it will be invalid and returned.

Can please someone advice what's going to happen with my application? I'm so stressed out now. I was thinking of calling Home Office on Monday and asking if they could take the payment from me over the phone. What about the application being sent to the old Liverpool address? I'm scared my precious documents may get lost.

I would really appreciate any advice/help.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Don't worry.

Home office will accept old version applications till 22 July 2013,after that all applications will be rejected not refused.

As you posted your application before 1st of July 2013 so you are fine.

sylvia532

Post by sylvia532 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Imshzd wrote:Don't worry.

You can still use old version applications till 22 July 2013.

As you posted your application before 1th July 2013 so are fine.
Do you really think so? I'm so worried now. Think I won't be able to sleep until Monday when I'll be able to call Home Office. It says on the HO website that applications submitted on or after 1t July should be accompanied by a fee. Does HO take into consideration when the application was sent or only the date when they receive it?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:48 pm

sylvia532 wrote:
Imshzd wrote:

. It says on the HO website that applications submitted on or after 1t July should be accompanied by a fee. it?

You submitted your application on 29 th June.

Not on or after 1st of July.

So I don't see any problem.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Please help - EEA4 application

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:08 pm

sylvia532 wrote:Hi,

I submitted my EEA4 application this morning. Just checked the home office website and found information about EEA applications changing from 1st of July and new fees being introduced. On top of that the address to which the applications are to be sent to differs from the one on the old application.
I'm complitely TERRIFIED now!! It's Saturday 29th of June today which means the Home Office will receive my application on Monday 1st of July. It says on the new application that any application submitted on the 1st of July must be accompanied by the fee otherwise it will be invalid and returned.

Can please someone advice what's going to happen with my application? I'm so stressed out now. I was thinking of calling Home Office on Monday and asking if they could take the payment from me over the phone. What about the application being sent to the old Liverpool address? I'm scared my precious documents may get lost.
Date of posting is the date of application instead of the day when your application is being received. I believe along with your application there must be a lot of stock be already piled up there (Liverpool).
Just keep safe your receipt.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sylvia532

Re: Please help - EEA4 application

Post by sylvia532 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:33 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
sylvia532 wrote:Hi,

Date of posting is the date of application instead of the day when your application is being received. I believe along with your application there must be a lot of stock be already piled up there (Liverpool).
Just keep safe your receipt.
Thank you Imshzd and Sheraz7 for your replies.
I was planning to call HO on Monday and ask them if they can take payment over the phone or I could send them a cheque by recorded delivery. I just don't want them to send back my application because I didn't include the fee payment.

Now I don't know what to do. If the date of posting is the date of application, should I still call them and make the payment? The new fees are valid from 1st of July and I sent the application on 29th of June so does that mean I don't have to pay the fee?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:34 pm

Did you use the post office tracking service? If so, you will have proof of posting.

sylvia532

Post by sylvia532 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:59 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Did you use the post office tracking service? If so, you will have proof of posting.
Yes, I sent the application by special delivery and was given a receipt with my tracking number. I also found this on Home Office website:

"If you send your application form and application fee by post, the date of application is the date of posting. This is decided by the postmark. If the postmark is illegible or missing, the date of postage is taken as being at least 1 day before it is received by us."

This would mean then that the tracking number is a sufficient proof even if the postmark is missing or is illegible?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:16 am

The tracking system will record the date you entered the post office and posted the package.