ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When should I apply for EEA 4 PERMIT?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmitter
Newly Registered

When should I apply for EEA 4 PERMIT?

Post by nmitter » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi All

I m married to a European national for over 5 years now who has been working in the UK. I also work in full time job. My 5 years on EEA 2 residence permit expires on the 27th Aug 2013.

My employer wants to see evidence that I have either have an extension on my visa or I have an acknowledgement letter from the home office that my application is under review to carry on my employment in the UK by the 27th Aug.

My question is should I apply before 27th Aug or after 27th Aug? and if its after 27th Aug when my 5 years are completed, what evidence can I show to my employer since I will need to wait for the confirmation letter from home office after my visa expiry date?

Bit confused on when to actually apply after expiry or just before expiry to be considered 5 years as well as have no issues with the employer.

Please can some body advise me.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Once you completed 5 years of residence (and your EEA national 5 years of treaty rights), you can apply irrespective of the expiry date of your RC.

If your RC expires in 2 months, I suspect you have completed the 5 years already (because it takes several months for the HO to process the RC application) and so can apply tomorrow.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 pm

If your Eu national spouse had been continously exercising its treaty rights for the last 5 years then you can apply EEA4 - Permanent Residence otherwise another 5 years EEA2 RC. Once you will send application along with the required documents then shortly you will receive COA (acknowledgement) to confirm your right of work and same can serve your employment needs too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

nmitter
Newly Registered

Post by nmitter » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:39 pm

appreciate your responses!!

well during my 5 years on EEA 2 resident card my wife had

2.2 years = working
2 months= job seeking
4 months = job seeker allowance
2.4 years = working

can this cause an issue with EEA 4 application? since my wife was out of job for almost 6 months during the last 5 years?

and if i do need to apply for eea 2 again will my 5 years start all over again or will only need to do additional 2.6 years more to have completed 5 years in total with full employment....

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:53 pm

What was the reason that your EEA national wife unemployed for 6 months? Did she search job and has got proofs such as application forms, interview letter/rejection letters, registration with job center/employment agency.
REGARDS

nmitter
Newly Registered

Post by nmitter » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:55 pm

sheraz7 wrote:What was the reason that your EEA national wife unemployed for 6 months? Did she search job and has got proofs such as application forms, interview letter/rejection letters, registration with job center/employment agency.
we relocated, she was pregnant and she was looking for a job after her maternity leave finished. For first two months we have emails exchanges between her and recruitment agents and then for remaining 4 months she was registered with job centre of which we have the supporting evidence.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:03 pm

If that was the reason then most likely you are entitled for EEA4 - PR because an EEA national is still worker if she ceases to work temporarily due to some illness. Just add these job seeking documentation with your application along with other evidences and necessary documents.
REGARDS