ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa application during ILR processing

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Schek
Newly Registered

Visitor visa application during ILR processing

Post by Schek » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi,
Please help me for below query ...

I had applied for my ILR and my wife's PBS dependant visa for further leave to remain on March 13th 2013 (Both of our visa suppose to expire in April 15th 2013). Only my biometric form is received in May 1st week and submitted. Not sure why wife's Biometric form has not come yet. I'm still waiting for the ILR approval. Since we are expecting a baby in the month of october, we would like to call my wife's mother to be with us from september 2013 for 3-4 months. My question is :

1. Since my tier 1 visa expired on April 15th and ILR is under processing, Can I still sponsor my mother-in law in Family Visitor category?

2. If in case, if I can't sponsor due to my legal visa status (under processing), do I still need to send my documents ( Bank Statement, Passport Copy, Accomodation Proof) to her as supporting document?

3. If in case, she has to apply as General Visitor, what is the fund requirement to be shown in her account? My mother-in-law is working women and already taken letter from employer that she will be on leave for these period and approved.

4. What are the most rejection reasons of visitor visa in my case?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Schek
Newly Registered

Post by Schek » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:09 pm

anyone please?

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor visa application during ILR processing

Post by vikasbirla » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 am

1. Since my tier 1 visa expired on April 15th and ILR is under processing, Can I still sponsor my mother-in law in Family Visitor category?

Ans - Go for General Visitor Visa

2. If in case, if I can't sponsor due to my legal visa status (under processing), do I still need to send my documents ( Bank Statement, Passport Copy, Accomodation Proof) to her as supporting document?

Ans - Yes, you can sponsor a General Visitor also

3. If in case, she has to apply as General Visitor, what is the fund requirement to be shown in her account? My mother-in-law is working women and already taken letter from employer that she will be on leave for these period and approved.

Ans - There is no requirement, but better to show as much as you can (this is subjective, but still don't try to put money into her account just for the visa purpose). And if she is working in Govt job, then there should not be a problem.

Schek
Newly Registered

Post by Schek » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Thanks Vikas. Fantastic. That is so encouraging answers and I will apply for General visa. She has a government job and good to know that it's positive for visa.

One question :
1. (this is subjective, but still don't try to put money into her account just for the visa purpose)

If she gets money into her account by from a friend (Around 1 lac ) which was actually friendly loan she gave long back and friend returning it. How she can prove the embassy that it's actually her own money?

Schek
Newly Registered

Post by Schek » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Also, Can you provide a link for sample cover letter to be written from my mother-in-laws side. I didn't get the decent one by googling. :(

vikasbirla
Newly Registered

Post by vikasbirla » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Schek wrote:Thanks Vikas. Fantastic. That is so encouraging answers and I will apply for General visa. She has a government job and good to know that it's positive for visa.

One question :
1. (this is subjective, but still don't try to put money into her account just for the visa purpose)

If she gets money into her account by from a friend (Around 1 lac ) which was actually friendly loan she gave long back and friend returning it. How she can prove the embassy that it's actually her own money?
If she has enough balance, then don't put 1 Lac now.

If she doesn't have, try to show some other funds (Fixed Deposit, if she has)