ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal question please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LoveMyBaby786

Appeal question please

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:59 am

When I applied for my husbands spouse visa I was working then went on to get maternity allowance as was pregnant. Now I am on income support because I cant go back to work just yet, my baby is nearly 1 and childcare is too expensive etc..
Hubby was refused because they didnt believe our marriage was genuine.
What im trying to ask is if it goes to court which inshallah it wont will they ask me or would they have done any research about my income? Will they ask something like why are you on benefits?

Please could anyone help.

johnj1

Re: Appeal question please

Post by johnj1 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:19 pm

LoveMyBaby786 wrote:When I applied for my husbands spouse visa I was working then went on to get maternity allowance as was pregnant. Now I am on income support because I cant go back to work just yet, my baby is nearly 1 and childcare is too expensive etc..
What im trying to ask is if it goes to court which inshallah it wont will they ask me or would they have done any research about my income? Will they ask something like why are you on benefits?

If eventually you go to court, the judge will only decide on the reasons for refusal, which you said in your post here, was of "Subsisting Relationship". Now that you have had a child for your husband, you can prove it by showing the child's birth certificate showing the name of your husband or if you've got money to can go for DNA to prove this. Having a child is more than strong reason that your relationship is real. Good luck.

LoveMyBaby786

Re: Appeal question please

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm

johnj1 wrote:
LoveMyBaby786 wrote:When I applied for my husbands spouse visa I was working then went on to get maternity allowance as was pregnant. Now I am on income support because I cant go back to work just yet, my baby is nearly 1 and childcare is too expensive etc..

If eventually you go to court, the judge will only decide on the reasons for refusal, which you said in your post here, was of "Subsisting Relationship". Now that you have had a child for your husband, you can prove it by showing the child's birth certificate showing the name of your husband or if you've got money to can go for DNA to prove this. Having a child is more than strong reason that your relationship is real. Good luck.
Thank you very much for. I have already put in our childs birth certificate all I can do is pray Inshallah it doesnt have to go to court