ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal against refusal decision and MArriage

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zkh
Newly Registered

Appeal against refusal decision and MArriage

Post by zkh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 am

Hi , my tier 1 entrepreneur visa refused and i appealed against decision . My question is can i get married in uk during appeal hearing time. Anybody got answers please help . Thanks

samir01

Re: Appeal against refusal decision and MArriage

Post by samir01 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 pm

zkh wrote:Hi , my tier 1 entrepreneur visa refused and i appealed against decision . My question is can i get married in uk during appeal hearing time. Anybody got answers please help . Thanks
As far as i have seen even an illegal can marry the legal girl here although his visa is in process but he passed the marriage registration process etc. Its super risky for him but its 3 months now since he filed his case.

You had 10 days to apply before filing appeal but if u get refused in appeal then im not sure if they give you few days to apply or not e.g if they hold your passport and ask you to pick at airport then No.
If they send you documents back then i think its possible. Although i dont know much but lets see what other says.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Appeal against refusal decision and MArriage

Post by rehan01 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:28 pm

yes you can get married while your appeal is in progress but u need to give notice to marry or register a civil partnership with a registrar.

here is the link where u can get all the details
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... registrar/

zkh wrote:Hi , my tier 1 entrepreneur visa refused and i appealed against decision . My question is can i get married in uk during appeal hearing time. Anybody got answers please help . Thanks

zkh
Newly Registered

Post by zkh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks for your responses can you please tell would they ask for passport as my passport is with homeoffice . Thanks

shan101
United Kingdom

Post by shan101 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:32 pm

You can marry, no one can stop you to ge married in the UK but you must need to confirm this with registrar before marriage as they need to see your proper residence permit in UK.
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:14 pm

shan101 wrote:You can marry, no one can stop you to ge married in the UK but you must need to confirm this with registrar before marriage as they need to see your proper residence permit in UK.

Yes u can marry and they dont see ur valid residence permit...one of my friend got married last year and all they want is proof of nationality...his passport was with the embassy for visa extension so he provided them with the driving licence which stated his nationality....and they were okie with it....