ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joining an existing business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

googleit

Joining an existing business

Post by googleit » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:25 pm

After getting entrepreneur visa can we join an existing business as director (not shareholdee) & invest as unsecured directors loan , besides doing other business as well

googleit

Post by googleit » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Anyone got any clue about this ?

educators

Re: Joining an existing business

Post by educators » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:01 am

googleit wrote:After getting entrepreneur visa can we join an existing business as director (not shareholdee) & invest as unsecured directors loan , besides doing other business as well
yes u can join an existing business as director (not shareholdee) & invest as unsecured directors loan but u need to maintain your main business as well which should be at graduate level if you applied via 50k category.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 ent from pk

Post by cappachino » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:27 am

Is it the same for 200k category

educators

Re: Tier 1 ent from pk

Post by educators » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:17 pm

cappachino wrote:Is it the same for 200k category
graduate level is not required for 200k rest is same

googleit

Post by googleit » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Even for 50k u dont need graduate level investment. That is only for initial application ince u get visa u can invest in any company or business excluding property business

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:47 pm

I agree with what you are saying.

Extension application form says nothing about graduate level job.

They are concerned about investment and creating 2 jobs.

But the problem is we were given visa on graduate level requirement and I believe we need to stick to those rules.

Any comments
googleit wrote:Even for 50k u dont need graduate level investment. That is only for initial application ince u get visa u can invest in any company or business excluding property business

googleit

Post by googleit » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:50 pm

I.sent them an email and they said u can invest in any business. Graduate level is only for initial applications. It doesnt restrict anywhere in policy guidance.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:51 pm

googleit - yes they are right that we cant invest in any business but thats not the problem.

I think that your main business must be a graduate level. I think we need to invest 50K in a graduate level business and meet the requirement.

And side by side we can also invest in any businesses.

I think this is what they are saying.

Correct me if I am wrong?
googleit wrote:I.sent them an email and they said u can invest in any business. Graduate level is only for initial applications. It doesnt restrict anywhere in policy guidance.

googleit

Post by googleit » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:55 pm

No this is not correct , it clearly says that we understand being an entrepreneur u may have switched to another business or close existing business and started new one. They have put no restrictions on ur investment apart from secured directors loan and investment in property business.

It makes sense. Being an entrepreneur u can do any business. If it was just about Graduate level business then u cant even think of retail business.

They have also opened the investment option as frenchises

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:04 pm

I agree with what you are saying.

It really makes sense. Being an entrepreneur we shouldnt have any restrictions on what business we choose to do.

What I think is at present UKBA is just concentrating on initial applications. After 3 years they would be getting a huge load and I think during that time they may change the rules.

As they changed the rules in January this year, everyone was affected the applicants who had already applied and the future applicants.

But thats the future, at present these are the rules and it really makes sense what you just said.
googleit wrote:No this is not correct , it clearly says that we understand being an entrepreneur u may have switched to another business or close existing business and started new one. They have put no restrictions on ur investment apart from secured directors loan and investment in property business.

It makes sense. Being an entrepreneur u can do any business. If it was just about Graduate level business then u cant even think of retail business.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:54 pm

googleit - yes they are right that we cant invest in any business but thats not the problem.

I think that your main business must be a graduate level. I think we need to invest 50K in a graduate level business and meet the requirement.

And side by side we can also invest in any businesses.

I think this is what they are saying.

Correct me if I am wrong?
@ Entrepreneur9.....yes here u right.
No this is not correct , it clearly says that we understand being an entrepreneur u may have switched to another business or close existing business and started new one. They have put no restrictions on ur investment apart from secured directors loan and investment in property business.

@ googleit....here u are wrong.

googleit

Post by googleit » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 pm

I even sent them an email to confirm this. People are just assuming , policy guidance doesnt restrict for extension applicants to invest below level 4 business. It does categorically highlights for initial applicants not for extension applicants

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:34 pm

ur argument is baseless.

ur main business must be level4 business and must invest 50k and create 2 jobs by the time of extension application. (psw->T1E route only)

if u invest in another below level4 business then it will be altogether a separate entity which has nothing to do with ur extension.

it cant be simpler than this interpretation.

if u still not hapy then do the way u like but must not mislead other ppl here.

educators

Post by educators » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:39 pm

googleit wrote:I even sent them an email to confirm this. People are just assuming , policy guidance doesnt restrict for extension applicants to invest below level 4 business. It does categorically highlights for initial applicants not for extension applicants
It would be good for all of us if you can post your email here which you sent to ukba and their reply for the benefit of everyone.

googleit

Post by googleit » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Darvesh wrote:ur argument is baseless.

ur main business must be level4 business and must invest 50k and create 2 jobs by the time of extension application. (psw->T1E route only)

if u invest in another below level4 business then it will be altogether a separate entity which has nothing to do with ur extension.

it cant be simpler than this interpretation.

if u still not hapy then do the way u like but must not mislead other ppl here.
Ok Mr Darvesh give me a reference where it says ur business level must be om or above level 4 ?

The best section to read is conditions of stay once u get visa

It only wants u to be director of a company or self employed
Invest 50k during ur stay
Not undertake any employment other than business

Also when it comes to restrictions They clearly restrict investing in Property business and in secured directors loan

Please Read policy guidance before just posting ur thoughts as this may confuse many

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:24 pm

what about if you invest in a business under NQF level 4, but your job title is NQF level 4 and above, and on the other hand you are running business NQF level4 or above for extension purpose etc ,,,

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:53 pm

@googleit...where it says after getting visa from psw->T1E u can invest in any business and not to maintain level4 occupation other than its not ur main business and u just administering it?

@legal83....as long u maintain ur main level4 business and spend sufficient funds i.e 50k and two create jobs, it wont restrict u investing in any other businesses however not be working for other business if its under level4.

googleit

Post by googleit » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:58 pm

@ Dervaish it says in policy guidance that u can only not invest in property business & secured directors loan form

Now u tell me where does it say that after getting visa PSW route u must maintain ur NVQ level business

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:27 am

read policy guideline again...

googleit

Post by googleit » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:32 am

Pls tell me the page no
As I have read that 100 times

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:37 am

lol we need an expert opinion here
googleit wrote:Pls tell me the page no
As I have read that 100 times
:lol: :lol: :lol:

googleit

Post by googleit » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:39 am

I m telling u even many expert solicitors r confused here . But simply read the guidance and u will get the answer

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:48 am

I agree with you that even experts do not have an answer for this question. Specially the solicitors in UK, most of them cannot even answer a simple question. I have had a bad experience. Shame on all of them !!

What I can advise is UKBA will definitely find reasons to reject extension applications as they would be receiving so many applications in 3 years time. They do not want so many people in this country and as such they would try to catch each and every mistake.

Its better that you follow the rules as we cannot say anything at this moment of time as nothing is clear.
googleit wrote:I m telling u even many expert solicitors r confused here . But simply read the guidance and u will get the answer

educators

Post by educators » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:55 pm

googleit wrote:I.sent them an email and they said u can invest in any business. Graduate level is only for initial applications. It doesnt restrict anywhere in policy guidance.

Can you please either post UKBA email reply here or send me in private message please. It will be really helpful for me to understand what is allowed and what is not. Please read your private messages.

Many Thanks