ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling home close to visa expiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RJ - India
Newly Registered

travelling home close to visa expiry

Post by RJ - India » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:31 am

my Tier 1 (G) visa expires start of Jan 2014 and I want to make a short trip home at the start of Dec 2013, and then come back to make my ILR application - would I be OK to do so? Have there been any issues around this before?

I'd be very grateful for your advise.

z18runway

Re: travelling home close to visa expiry

Post by z18runway » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:26 am

RJ - India wrote: would I be OK to do so?

I'd be very grateful for your advise.

Yes

RJ - India
Newly Registered

Post by RJ - India » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:31 am

Many thanks... I was concerned they might say you only have 3 weeks left on your visa, why are you coming back! - clearly I am being paranoid...

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:23 pm

RJ - India wrote:Many thanks... I was concerned they might say you only have 3 weeks left on your visa, why are you coming back! - clearly I am being paranoid...
Actually you are not being paranoid, they would have asked you these questions if you were on some other visa category like student visa. Since you are on T1G which leads to settlement they should not object to you coming back.