ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement for someone on DLA please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Filly
Newly Registered

Financial requirement for someone on DLA please help

Post by Filly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:11 am

Can anyone help and advise. I have read the financial requirement section but it is still confusing to me and daunting. I have phoned a solicitor to see if i can get advice and it is 350.00 per hour!!
i have 2 children.
I receive:
84.00 monthly DLA
221.00 fortnightly ESA
112.00 weekly tax credits
136.00 monthly child benfit

no rent or council charge
Is this enough to show can support ourselves when my partner comes on a fiance visa?
I would be so grateful if someone could help
thank you so much

Filly
Newly Registered

Post by Filly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:16 am

and also does student finance count towards it? I think the part of finance you dont have to pay back to the government, the maintenance grants?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:31 pm

As you are receiving DLA you are (and the applicant) is exempt from the new financial requirement. You have to be able to adequately maintain yourself. Do you have savings? The student finance ought to be included.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Filly
Newly Registered

Post by Filly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:49 pm

no savings at all and i understand the maintain bit but dont understand if i get enough to be eligible for the rate they say. I read the finance page and income support workings out but i really dont understand math much (which is amusing considering im studying law at uni).
It says way more than i am getting, i really dont understand it, need someone to do a quick calculation with the amounts i provided. I would like to know based on my benefits without the student finance included, a baseline figure.
thnaks for your reply

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Basically for a couple the income support amount is £112.55 per week and for each child it is £65.62 per week. So after deducting rent or mortgage costs you should have the applicable amount left Net per week.

So it will be for you, 112.55 + (65.62 x number of children) + rent/mortgage costs = amount of income required per week Net. You can include your benefits but for the DLA unless the applicant is caring for you. You should be aware that your means tested benefits may be affected when your partner arrives.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Filly
Newly Registered

Post by Filly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:27 pm

so ive times this by 52 and divided by 12..from your calculations the maintenance amount is 1053 a month
my amount comes to 1115
clears it by about 60.00!!
so child tax credits and child benefit and ESA can all be included?
youve been wonderful help ty
what about CSA payments? can this be included do you know

Filly
Newly Registered

Post by Filly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:28 pm

ps none of my benefits are means tested

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:24 pm

If you've had ESA more than 12 months and you're not in the support group then it's means tested. If you receive council tax benefit and housing benefit they're both means tested. I see no reason why your maintenance couldn't be included as income.

Filly
Newly Registered

Post by Filly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:31 pm

my esa is contribution based support group. it is deffo not means tested

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Then it shouldn't be affected but you won't get an extra amount because you're a couple as your partner will be subject to immigration control.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:52 am

Filly wrote:I am filling in the financial appendix form for fiance visa and do not need to meet the financial requirement due to DLA receipt however i do need to list living costs..what are these???? utility bills food rent?? does this include petrol and things like sky and mobile phone bills? does it just mean utlity and food and rent..very confused and would appreciate some guidance please

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:55 am

I would just indicate the basic costs of housekeeping, ensuring that you do not indicate a shortfall (income - expenditure).