ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you seen this?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sakura
Diamond Member

Have you seen this?

Post by sakura » Wed May 02, 2007 10:36 am

Has anyone come across this page?: http://vbsi.org.uk/index.php?page=affec ... estimation

It is quite interesting to see the numbers of people affected...I am a little confused...some of the other posts gave links to mostly Indian newspapers writing on the HSMP changes, and said about 30,000 Indian HSMP holders will be affected? That doesn't sound right from the point of the above link, does it? Or was it on something else?

Also....I know I am being lazy :oops: but can anyone explain to me what the HSMP and 4-5yr legal challenges mean for migrants? Aren't they over-lapping (i.e. HSMP also fighting against the 4-5 yr change)? Does anyone think that if they win, the (above link) number of people affected will be able to apply for ILR immediately, or even might be allowed to skip ILR and straight to naturalisation???

Gripping stuff!

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Wed May 02, 2007 11:40 am

The papers highliting the plight of Indians are basically Indian newspapers, projecting the suffering of Indians, since no other papers including my country and your country newspapers highlited this issue, it seems to the average reader that its only Indians that are affected.
So our countries should rise to this challenge.
Secondly, i dont quite understand your question about HSMP and 4/5 years overlap, but through instinct i can guess what you are trying to ask, the 4 to 5 yr changes affect skilled people on HSMP and Work permit. People who entered the UK before Nov 6 2006 where promised to get ILR after 4yrs in the country, all of a sudden HO changed it to 5 years, this and the new qualifying criteria for extension is what VBSI through Skeven Kong and Associates are fighting in court.
VBSI is a body/Association of Skilled Immigrants formed to highlight the plight of legal skilled immigrants in the UK.
I hope i have been able to answer your queries.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.