ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croatia national in the UK on Tier1

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manuelaux

Croatia national in the UK on Tier1

Post by manuelaux » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Do I have to do anything?

Can I keep my Tier1 status or i have to apply for a blue registration certificate?

What about my dependant (partner). Does my partner need to apply for anything or he can also keep his status as Tier1 dependant?

Will I need after 5 years apply for IRL to be able to get the British Citizenship?

Digression: I live in the UK for 3 years and i haven’t met one Croatian living here. UK is not of interest for Croatian workers. This is just a play for the UK voters. Even though there is high unemployment, Croatia still welcomes workers for low skilled jobs (Bosnia, Kosovo, ...). We in Croatia are lazy. Croatian don’t even travel for tourist purposes. You will see. Cant wait next years statistics to see the number of this coloured registration certificates issued to Croatian workers ...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Have you extended your Tier-1 already? If you want to stay on the Tier-1 visa, you can do so. You don't need to do anything because Croatia joined the EU. No need to apply for a blue card. Your partner can stay on the dependant visa as well.

ILR/PR is needed before applying for a British citizenship.