ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries about UK visitor visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Curious100
Newly Registered

Queries about UK visitor visa for parents

Post by Curious100 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:43 am

Hi all,

I am living in UK with Tier-2 dependent visa. My husband is working here. I want my parents to visit us. I understand that since we are not settled in UK, they will have to apply as general visitors instead of family visitors. We are Indian citizens. My parents have valid passports and this will be their first trip outside India. I want them to join me in the UK, go on a Europe tour together, stay with me for some more time in the UK and then return to India.

My parents will need UK visa (multiple entry) and Schengen visa (multiple entry). For which do they need to apply first?

Does the UK grant multiple entry visa for first time visitors from India? Since we enter the UK again after the Europe tour, is it required to show the itinerary to obtain multiple entry visa?

My father is a self-employed lawyer. What document does he need to produce as proof of employment?

How do we show family ties as proof to return to India? Is it sufficient to write in the cover letter that our extended family lives in India?

We are living in a 1 bedroom-living room-Spam flat. I recently learned that we cannot accommodate my parents in our present flat as per the overcrowding rule. What is the most economical option we have? We are considering renting a studio apartment for my parents or moving to a 2 bedroom house ourselves. Our current agreement is until March 2014. I will need the agreement for the newly arranged accommodation by November 2013, so that I can post it to my parents and they can apply for visa. Is it possible to get an agreement 4 months prior to occupancy?

ban.s

Re: Queries about UK visitor visa for parents

Post by ban.s » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Curious100 wrote:Hi all,

I am living in UK with Tier-2 dependent visa. My husband is working here. I want my parents to visit us. I understand that since we are not settled in UK, they will have to apply as general visitors instead of family visitors. We are Indian citizens. My parents have valid passports and this will be their first trip outside India. I want them to join me in the UK, go on a Europe tour together, stay with me for some more time in the UK and then return to India.

My parents will need UK visa (multiple entry) and Schengen visa (multiple entry). For which do they need to apply first?

i would apply for UK visa first and then schengen (as they would be travelling from UK)

Does the UK grant multiple entry visa for first time visitors from India? Since we enter the UK again after the Europe tour, is it required to show the itinerary to obtain multiple entry visa?

yes, normally UK visit visa is multiple entry even for first time visitors

My father is a self-employed lawyer. What document does he need to produce as proof of employment?

bank statements, income tax return, affiliation with law society/bar council etc

How do we show family ties as proof to return to India? Is it sufficient to write in the cover letter that our extended family lives in India?

they need to show strong ties with home country and family ties is one such example only not the only one. please ask them to submit property, finance, employment related documents to show ties with India

We are living in a 1 bedroom-living room-Spam flat. I recently learned that we cannot accommodate my parents in our present flat as per the overcrowding rule. What is the most economical option we have? We are considering renting a studio apartment for my parents or moving to a 2 bedroom house ourselves. Our current agreement is until March 2014. I will need the agreement for the newly arranged accommodation by November 2013, so that I can post it to my parents and they can apply for visa. Is it possible to get an agreement 4 months prior to occupancy?

you don't necessarily need to move to a property or obtain agreement for visa application. ofcourse such documents help strengthen the application and recommended. however you don't manage to get that prior to their visa you can state that you would be moving to a bigger 2 bed room apartment prior to their arrival and show your finance to confirm that claim that if required you would be able to afford additional rent.

Curious100
Newly Registered

Post by Curious100 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Thank you for replying.

Is it not required to mention the address where they will be staying while applying for visa?

Curious100
Newly Registered

Post by Curious100 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Also I have a few more questions.

Is it possible to get visa appointment for both my parents together? Can my mother (housewife) show my father's bank statements? or does she need a separate account in her own name?

what should she answer for these questions?
5.10 What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax?
5.11 Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family?

My father does not give her any cash every month. what does he have to enter for the question -5.13 How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

mohdrafi.sk
Newly Registered

Post by mohdrafi.sk » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:17 am

Hi

Did you manage to get your parents visitor visa?
Could you please help me as I am currently in similar situation like you had previously.

We are staying in a 1 bed room flat with a living room but the living room is almost like a bed room. Our agent has written in our contract as a 'Ground Floor' flat. We are submitting a utility and council tax bills in addition to that.

I wrote in the sponsorship letter as I take complete responsibility of their accommodation where they will be staying in our flat (which doesn't mentioned the number of bedrooms in the tenancy agreement). Would that be sufficient or should we need to show them a two-bedroom flat exactly?

Could you advise if any other documents needs to be submitted?

thanks for your reply in advance.

sohail123_in
Newly Registered

Post by sohail123_in » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:58 am

Hi Mohmadrafi,

Were you able to get the visitor visa for you family? Can anyone help if the rent agreement specially need to mention 2 bedroom
for ukba, if i bring my wife and one kid. I am staying alone at 1 bedroom and 1 living room apartment.

Please help.

Regards,
sohail