ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension - Job is not in new Shortage Occupancy List

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 Extension - Job is not in new Shortage Occupancy List

Post by kashyap80 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi,

I am working in UK from last 3 years on Tier 2 VISA. I got this VISA in July 2010 and it is going to expire in August 2013.

My job is under SOC category 2129 in the previous list when I applied first time in 2010 but the same job is NOT in the new shortage occupancy list eventhough SOC category 2129 exists.

The Tier 2 VISA guidance tells that I can apply for extension if "I work in the same job for the same company" - but the same job is not in the new SOC list.

My question is, whether I can get the VISA extension if I apply with the same job for extension and ignore the new SOC list?

Regards,
Kashyap.

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:54 pm

U can not ignore the new soc list and u have to put the code as soc 2010. In ur case the code has not changed so u can put 2129 as it is in soc 2010 and apply.. U will get the extension if u fullfil all other requirement .
All the best

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Have you checked the SOC conversion table in the Codes of Practice? The switch from SOC2000 to SOC2010 has meant some code have changed.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orkers.pdf

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kashyap80 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Thanks for your reply.

My SOC code (2129) is still there in the new SOC list but my job title "contracts engineer" is removed in the new list.

Does it mean that this job is not in SOC list and I can not apply for extension?

kashyap80
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Got VISA

Post by kashyap80 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi,

I have applied for extension last week and I got the VISA for another 3 years.

I have applied with the same job role. Condition 87 in the Tier 2 guidance says that I can apply for extension if I am doing the same job for the same employer even if the job is currently not in SOC list. Based on this condition, I got the extension without any problem.

Anyway, thank you guys for your help.

Regards,
Kashyap