ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed urgently please and Covering letter for DLR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joyous2013

Help needed urgently please and Covering letter for DLR

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:26 pm

My two children now 25 and 19 got dicretionary leave to remain in 2008 after I had applied for dependents of a student visa in 2005. However the home office did not grant them any visa until 2008. By this time I was now a work permit holder so their visas will expire Sept 5 2013.

I got my ILR based on 10 yrs long residence on April 26 2013. Im aware they need to complete FLR O please correct me if Im wrong. My questions are

What kind of documents do they need to support their application for extention of DLR?

Could someone please help with the templates for covering letters from

A) me as a parent to support their application
B) children to support their own application

Thanks for your help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Yes an extension of DLR is flr(o) however, you need to see whether the circumstances are very much different as that ay be a reason not to grant an extension. Make the letter focus on how they have all their life and connections/ties in the UK all family friends etc... How they couldn't cope being away..... The amout of time they have been here, the less times there even away Coud be better. If they haven't been out the country since, emphasise this. If the conditions are bad abroad emphasise this particularly if they face abuse.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Dear D4109125
Thank you for the response. Conditions have not changed since their last application. They have only been away for less than 14 days in all the 11 yrs they have been in Uk. Had to go back home to renew their passports as they needed it them to apply for the extention of DLR.

Does that mean We need to get support letters from family and friends?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Joyous2013 wrote:Dear D4109125
Thank you for the response. Conditions have not changed since their last application. They have only been away for less than 14 days in all the 11 yrs they have been in Uk. Had to go back home to renew their passports as they needed it them to apply for the extention of DLR.

If they have been here legally and continuously for 10 years then they should apply to settle - set(lr). The more supporting evidence the better for DLR they stand a good chance based on 11 years in the UK and their age.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Joyous2013

Covering letters letters

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:09 pm

D4109125 wrote:

If they have been here legally and continuously for 10 years then they should apply to settle - set(lr). The more supporting evidence the better for DLR they stand a good chance based on 11 years in the UK and their age.
Thanks again for yr input. Yes we are aware that extending their 5 yr discretion is the best option as they do not meet the continous 10yr requirement. What supporting evidence should we submit?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Covering letters letters

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Joyous2013 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks again for yr input. Yes we are aware that extending their 5 yr discretion is the best option as they do not meet the continous 10yr requirement. What supporting evidence should we submit?
If they're part of the community then letters from community members for example or from school/college/university anything showing a strong tie with the uk. The dlr may be extended for 3 years not 5 once you have 6 years of DLR you can apply for settlement (old rules).

Joyous2013

Re: Covering letters letters

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:23 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Joyous2013 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

If they're part of the community then letters from community members for example or from school/college/university anything showing a strong tie with the uk. The dlr may be extended for 3 years not 5 once you have 6 years of DLR you can apply for settlement (old rules).

Sorry I meant to clarify that they have already been on discretion leave to remain for 5 yrs. Am I right to say they just need a yr before applying for ILR

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:43 pm

You normally have to have DLR for 6 years before you can settle. You should confirm whether you are able to apply with 5 years or not contact a OISC registered advisor.
Last edited by Amber on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:48 pm

D4109125 wrote:If the have held DLR for 5 years then they may be eligible for settlement now on set(o). It's usually 6 years but can be 5 you should get this clarified, if it's the case then get their Life in the UK tests done and apply for settlement.

Thanks so much for your help. Will have to email Home Office and see what they say.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Emailing the home office is a good idea. Email SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but also seek advice from an OISC advisor they should only charge you £15 for a 20 minute phone call to confirm.

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:55 pm

D4109125 wrote:You normally have to have DLR for 6 years before you can settle. You should confirm whether you are able to apply with 5 years or not contact a OISC registered advisor.

Hullo senior members. Is there a possibility of applying for SET O After being on DLR for 5yrs?

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:57 pm

D4109125 wrote:Emailing the home office is a good idea. Email SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but also seek advice from an OISC advisor they should only charge you £15 for a 20 minute phone call to confirm.
Your help is much appreciated. Thanks once again

Joyous2013

Covering letters templates please

Post by Joyous2013 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Hullo everyone. Im so desperate for covering letter templates in support of my two childrens application for an extention of their DLR.

Please help

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Joyous2013 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Emailing the home office is a good idea. Email SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but also seek advice from an OISC advisor they should only charge you £15 for a 20 minute phone call to confirm.
Your help is much appreciated. Thanks once again

Just a quick update. Emailed Home Office on 1 July but still waiting for their response although its over 10 days now. They aim to respond all emails withinh 10 working days but as usual still waiting

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Email them again saying it is urgent.