ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

giorgosa
Greece

Eea family permit

Post by giorgosa » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:07 am

Hello,

My wife applied in Istanbul for eea family permit. Previous one expired in April. I am eea citizen working in the UK, payslips and HMRC document for tax paid, provided to them.

In application centre they told her that since I am in UK and she s not planning to live beside me but visit me only to apply for normal visa. My wife denied and they hardly accepted the eea fp application. She ll live with me here but she ll move in october, its not their job to learn this.

Can they deny a eea family permit for any reason, if before they gave already one?

Behaviours of application centre personeel made us worried :/

And last question: Can she travel by train to UK with me with her expired FP?
I suppose they wont let her get on any plane alone. So she can travel to Paris and travel with me?? (she has valid 2 year Schengen visa)...

giorgosa
Greece

Post by giorgosa » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:08 pm

any ideas?

Have you ever heard second family permit to be denied?

It could if I was not working.... :shock:

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Your wife's application should just be accepted. It is likely that she is dealing with one of the UK's visa partners. They have been known to make mistakes and to give people the wrong information.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:37 pm

Yes giorgosa, they can deny FP for any reason as they please...
but of course it does not mean that your wife will be denied.