ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation for British Passport interview letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

renatin_uk
Newly Registered

Invitation for British Passport interview letter

Post by renatin_uk » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:36 am

Hello everyone.
I would like to know if the Invitation for British Passport interview, comes with a date already confirmed for you to attend? or can we choose a date for the interview? and how far can we book it(I mean, is there limited time to attend)?
Thanks a Lot.

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:27 am

Depends on your council. I'm part of Tower Hamlets, and my approval letter said call the council. I called the council, and they asked me to wait till I got a letter from the council assigning me a date (which arrived the next day).

A side note - the date they allocated was too far away, so I opted for a private ceremony, and got it scheduled for next week.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:10 am

The OP was asking about a passport interview not a citizenship ceremony :-)

The letter will contain a number to call to book your interview at your convenient time and location. I don't think there are restrictions when you can book (although the booking system might not give dates several months ahead).

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:26 am

d'oh!

Serves me right for trying to reply posts early in the morning before my coffee has kicked in...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 am

I wonder if anyone has actually failed a passport interview yet? Last I'd heard, no-one had.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:38 am

D4109125 wrote:I wonder if anyone has actually failed a passport interview yet? Last I'd heard, no-one had.
See Passport Interview failure rate

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:40 am

I would think it would be very difficult, almost impossible to fail it if the person is who they say they are. I wonder what would happen if someone did fail. Maybe they'd just have to apply all over again.

renatin_uk
Newly Registered

Post by renatin_uk » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:37 pm

thank you for the answers :)