ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*** Help fight the unfair Immigration policy ***

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LankanFunkin

*** Help fight the unfair Immigration policy ***

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:57 pm

All - politicians love soundbytes and statistics. In presenting our cases to policymakers, we need some numbers to help quantify the impact and that these unfair regulations have, as well as sentiment of the general population.

The following is a simple survey that will gather data to help the fight. Its just NINE questions long, and should not take up more than 10 minutes of your time.

Data gathered will be collated and analysed to gather TOP LINE trends and opinions. NO individual entries, or anything that can be used to identify a specific responder will be shared with anyone outside of the survey administrators.

A link to the final analysis will be posted here once the survey has closed.

*** PLEASE FORWARD THIS SURVEY on to other people you know, even if they are not immigrants or are being impacted by UK immigration laws. The objective is to gather sentiment of the UK public, not just the people facing issues.

Click here for the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VTT2LRT

And again, please forward it on.

Thank you for your help!

Note to mods: I have checked with a moderator about posting this in 3 forums where it will hit the relevant audience. Please PM me if you'd like details.

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:11 pm

Over 100 responses from just today alone! Thank you all for contributing! Everyone else, please take 10 minutes to share your voice.

Thanks you.

VR

This is not the Only Injustice

Post by VR » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:06 am

Friend,

The contribution of migrants especially those who have come to this country purely on Merit has been seriously eroded by the hypocritical politicians of this country.

The Highly skilled variety was invited to come here, did not depend on the Govt for any public funds, be it housing or any other pecuniary handovers.

The constant changes to immigration rules are smack arrogance and disrespect and aimed at solely placating the vote bank.

They do not give a damn to the struggles and sacrifices involved in a migrants' journey.

They say ''British Citizen is not a right, it is a privilege''. Privilege to many that sponge off the state but a painful experience for those that work hard and toil and have to face constant changes of goal posts by the government.

You have addressed the changes to family rules,but the LASPO Act 2012 was selectively implemented. The Law of the land ROA 1974 has been thrown out and the future of many a migrant put in the hands of the whims of case workers and their warped interpretation of Good Character.

The question is will a British Citizen be cut off his benefits for 3 years if he commits a traffic offence , say a speeding ticket or assume if he forgets to pay his council tax ?

One set of rules for migrants who have done everything to become citizens whilst another set for those who have done everything against the principles of society while being citizens.

I have participated in your survey. Is it going to make any difference to the policy or the thought process behind the rule changes. I think not.
Rgds
vr

Peterpan81

Re: This is not the Only Injustice

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 am

VR wrote:Friend,

The contribution of migrants especially those who have come to this country purely on Merit has been seriously eroded by the hypocritical politicians of this country.

The Highly skilled variety was invited to come here, did not depend on the Govt for any public funds, be it housing or any other pecuniary handovers.

The constant changes to immigration rules are smack arrogance and disrespect and aimed at solely placating the vote bank.

They do not give a damn to the struggles and sacrifices involved in a migrants' journey.

They say ''British Citizen is not a right, it is a privilege''. Privilege to many that sponge off the state but a painful experience for those that work hard and toil and have to face constant changes of goal posts by the government.

You have addressed the changes to family rules,but the LASPO Act 2012 was selectively implemented. The Law of the land ROA 1974 has been thrown out and the future of many a migrant put in the hands of the whims of case workers and their warped interpretation of Good Character.

The question is will a British Citizen be cut off his benefits for 3 years if he commits a traffic offence , say a speeding ticket or assume if he forgets to pay his council tax ?

One set of rules for migrants who have done everything to become citizens whilst another set for those who have done everything against the principles of society while being citizens.

I have participated in your survey. Is it going to make any difference to the policy or the thought process behind the rule changes. I think not.
Rgds
vr
Totally Agree with VR, in fact I guess rules will be tougher and the immigration system will see a change that has never encountered. One has to remember that there are jobs or sectors totally thriving on immigrats and without their contribution the service will sink.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 am

I feel your pain, VR. But the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

There is a demonstration on Jul 9th outside the houses of Parliament re: the recent changes to immigration policies. Anyone interested should come along. If you want details, let me know and I can post it here.

Thanks VR for adding to the survey. The numbers keep growing, and the responses are great. I'm hoping we'll get some good statistics out of this - the stuff that will hopefully make the politicians stop and think.

Please forward this survey on to others too, including British citizens who are not impacted by the immigration rules. The survey has some very specific scenarios that anyone can answer.

Thanks!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:27 am

But politicians never tell the truth about immigration and never will tell the truth, and an average UK citizen has no clue about the reality. There is one buzzword that "immigration is high and needs to come down".

UK govt can never send back hundreds of thousands of failed asylum seekers as their home country's wont accept them (issue them a travel doc). Plus there could be human rights issues etc.

Govt has no control over immigration from within the EEA and (almost) no control over the non-eea family members of the EEA citizens.

The number of immigrants from A8 countries since 2004 is about 6-7 hundred thousands.

But the politcal lightening can only fall on non-eu migrants on work/family routes. There is pretty much no other strand of migration that govt has any control on.

When labour came to power in 1997 they in effect invited asylum seekers (most of them bogus offcourse) from around the world to come to UK. The numbers kept growing and govt (knowingly) kept sleeping. Then the whole thing went out of hands. No one knew what was happening and what to do about it all. The situation is pretty much the same now. Many were given amnesty with the name of legacy/crd, but now we know there could still be hundreds of thousands more.

The only way govt can show they are doing something is by hammering hard on non-eu migrants from work or family routes.