ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenships eligibility query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dan22
Newly Registered

Citizenships eligibility query

Post by Dan22 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:08 pm

I made a thread here couple of months ago about changing my stamp 3 to stamp 4. I would like to know if it's possible for me to apply for citizenship? I am 24 years old living in Ireland for 7 years still on stamp 3 (Dependant of my Irish Citizen mum, already submitted a request letter to change my stamp to 4) Just wondering if I'm eligible to apply and what are the requirements do I have to submit?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Yes you are eligible to apply with your stamp if you meet other requirements.
You can obtain and download Form 8 here which will show you the requirements.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... on%20Forms
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks very much for your reply. Do I have to provide this documents even I'm over 23?

YOU MUST ALSO PROVIDE OTHER INFORMATION/DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED AS FOLLOWS:
If your application is based on having 5 years residence:
• Copies of your residency permission stamps in your passport THAT COVER A CONTINUOUS PERIOD OF 365/366
days in the year immediately prior to the date of application (date of Statutory Declaration) PLUS copies of your
residency permission stamps for a period of 4 years in the 8 year period before that (i.e. a total of 5 x 365 days plus one
day for each permission period in which 29 February falls (leap year)). Dependant minors, who entered the State with
their parent(s) as part of a family unit are deemed to be covered by their parent’s permission for the purposes of this
application while attending secondary school and may continue to be covered up to age 23 where they have been
continuously dependent on their parents and have continued from secondary school in the State directly into third level
education.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Dan22 wrote:Thanks very much for your reply. Do I have to provide this documents even I'm over 23?

YOU MUST ALSO PROVIDE OTHER INFORMATION/DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED AS FOLLOWS:
If your application is based on having 5 years residence:
• Copies of your residency permission stamps in your passport THAT COVER A CONTINUOUS PERIOD OF 365/366
days in the year immediately prior to the date of application (date of Statutory Declaration) PLUS copies of your
residency permission stamps for a period of 4 years in the 8 year period before that (i.e. a total of 5 x 365 days plus one
day for each permission period in which 29 February falls (leap year)). Dependant minors, who entered the State with
their parent(s) as part of a family unit are deemed to be covered by their parent’s permission for the purposes of this
application while attending secondary school and may continue to be covered up to age 23 where they have been
continuously dependent on their parents and have continued from secondary school in the State directly into third level
education.
Yes, you must provide the Stamps of your Parent of whom you are dependant on at the time of your arrival in Ireland.

It is normally confusing for applicants who are dependant on their parents. If you find the application confusing you can always seek for help with this service. It is free of charge and no appointment is needed.

The Citizenship Application Support Service is on the move. From Monday July 1st 2013, the Citizenship Application Support Service new premises will be The Basement, Nelson Mandela House, 44 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin 1 (close to Busáras LUAS Stop).

The FREE Service opens from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm. No appointment necessary. Tel 01 8196653

http://www.newcommunities.ie/

Dan22
Newly Registered

Post by Dan22 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:11 pm

What I would like to know is the bold part of my post.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Dan22 wrote:What I would like to know is the bold part of my post.
I have answered that question but as I predicted you seem utterly confused. Visit The Citizenship Application Support Service for help

courny

Post by courny » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Dan22 wrote:What I would like to know is the bold part of my post.

dont mind that mind. just apply
i came her aged 16 on join parent visa. 10 years stamp 2
applied at age 25 for citizenship. got my approval letter last week.