ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

combination of EEA and UK citizen rules for naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gugulak
Newly Registered

combination of EEA and UK citizen rules for naturalization

Post by gugulak » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Is it true that 6 years needed for a family member of EEA national to apply for his/her naturalization can be cut to 5 years? Meaning that once family member has lived in the UK for 5 years can he/she immediately apply for naturalization in case that his EEA wife/husband became British in the meantime?
Example:
-married in 2009
-came to the UK in 2009 and obtained Residence card of a Family Member of EEA national as wife is from the Czech Republic.
-wife became British in 2013
-his Residence card expires in 2014

Can husband apply for naturalization in 2014 or has to wait till 2015. I heard that is possible to skip that 12 month gap.

boloney

Re: combination of EEA and UK citizen rules for naturalizati

Post by boloney » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:06 pm

gugulak wrote:Is it true that 6 years needed for a family member of EEA national to apply for his/her naturalization can be cut to 5 years? Meaning that once family member has lived in the UK for 5 years can he/she immediately apply for naturalization in case that his EEA wife/husband became British in the meantime?
Example:
-married in 2009
-came to the UK in 2009 and obtained Residence card of a Family Member of EEA national as wife is from the Czech Republic.
-wife became British in 2013
-his Residence card expires in 2014

Can husband apply for naturalization in 2014 or has to wait till 2015. I heard that is possible to skip that 12 month gap.
if you are married to BC you don't have to wait 12 months after you archeived PR status.

gugulak
Newly Registered

Post by gugulak » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Hmm,i was told today that i do not have to wait for 12 months after PR if we are married for 6 or more years.as we married in 2009 and 5 years is in 2014,it is less so have to wait till 2014.may i know what is your source of your information?i really do not know what is true..

boloney

Post by boloney » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 pm

gugulak wrote:Hmm,i was told today that i do not have to wait for 12 months after PR if we are married for 6 or more years.as we married in 2009 and 5 years is in 2014,it is less so have to wait till 2014.may i know what is your source of your information?i really do not know what is true..
the true is that if you are married to BC you don't have to be free from immigration control for 12 months before you can apply for naturalization. Even if your wife had ceremony day before you archieved PR status you can apply without waiting.Source of my information is HO website.