ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - counter signature

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tina_Eapen

Passport application - counter signature

Post by Tina_Eapen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi,

Today I went to submit my passport application through the Post Office Ceck and Send service. The post office didn't accept the application telling that it will surely be rejected because a very small part of the counter signature is just outside the white box (within the brown border of the box). Most of the signature is inside, only a tiny bit went to the brown border of the signature box. If I go to another post office or the passport office directly, is there a chance that they will accept the application or should I fill up another form and get another counter signature? Did anybody else had this problem? Is it worth taking a chance and sending it by post?

Thanks,

psb

Post by psb » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:54 pm

You can always send an email to the passport office to ask. They get back to in abut 2 days.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:20 pm

IPS are very strict on the signatures. Get a new form.

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 pm

The reason they are refusing to accept is because the signature bit is scanned and printed on the new passport. An incomplete signature will make it as a illegal document (you know your sign and think that its OK, but the passport officer does not know your sign). You could have problems while travelling abroad in case immigration offiers from other countries can refuse you entry...its a hassle but I would strongly suggest fill a new form to avoid delay.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 pm

It's the countersignatory that went out of the box. This is not printed in the passport but it is scanned and compared to the countersignatory's passport signature so they must be a perfect match. As I said, get a new form.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 pm

psb wrote:You can always send an email to the passport office to ask. They get back to in abut 2 days.
Why would you send an email? Ask them that what they mention in application form is true or just a joke?

If they say keep in the box, then keep in the box, simple.