ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

atifakhan

Timeline for visa being granted

Post by atifakhan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:56 pm

MY TIME LINE (A journey of long struggle and wait)

Collected passport today. Visa Granted :)

Applied: 20 March 2013
BHC: 4/4/2013
RFC: 28/6/2013
Collected Passport & Documents: 2/7/2013

Total time taken: 68 working days (13 weeks and four days).

Hope the best for you ALL inshallah.. Allah khair..

aleena1
Newly Registered

Post by aleena1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 pm

Congratulations to all who have recieved their visas.

Goodluck to those still waiting. Inshallah you will get your visas soon as well.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Re: Visa Granted :)

Post by Sameena akhtar » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:03 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:
HELLO786 wrote:MashAllah great news!!
Anyone knw when us 26th april applicants will hear??
Originally I thought about 19th july bt thinking it myt be a
Bit later than that nw ?

as per 60 days policy.. your rfc comes to 22/07/2013 !!!

zaidi's rfc = 09/07/2013

samenas rfc = 19/07/2013

aleena's rfc = 20/07/2013

javerias rfc = 17/07/2013
Aww thanks fr that.. inshallah inshallah... 17 days left.. pleaaaassseee pray fr me and fr every1!!!!

aleena1
Newly Registered

Post by aleena1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:11 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:
Bit later than that nw ?

zaidi's rfc = 09/07/2013

samenas rfc = 19/07/2013

wardaks rfc = 24/07/2013

thanks for that abida :)

tallojani

Re: Timeline for visa being granted

Post by tallojani » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:50 pm

Could someone highlight this for me please.

How crucial is it to submit telephone records/communication evidence i.e skype etc.

grollier1956
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by grollier1956 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi All,

My first post here. Hope everyone is doing well.

My wife applied for her spouse visa on 04/04/2013 from Lahore. She received text saying BHC has received her documents.

Please kindly tell me what will happen next? I understand "Collected" but what is RFC.

I am really worried, any idea if anybody has received their visas if they applied around the beginning of April 2013.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks and kind regards.

usman682
Newly Registered

Post by usman682 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:20 pm

0zzy1 wrote:any news on usman286???
Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

Many Congrats to all members who got visa.
Best of Luck to all who waiting for their visa.

asadalysa
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by asadalysa » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:21 pm

grollier1956 wrote:Hi All,

My wife applied for her spouse visa on 04/04/2013 from Lahore. She received text saying BHC has received her documents.

Please kindly tell me what will happen next? I understand "Collected" but what is RFC.

I am really worried, any idea if anybody has received their visas if they applied around the beginning of April 2013.

Thanks and kind regards.

RFC is when Gerry's informs you that your passport is Ready For Collection

0zzy1

Post by 0zzy1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:40 pm

usman682 wrote:
0zzy1 wrote:any news on usman286???
Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

Many Congrats to all members who got visa.
Best of Luck to all who waiting for their visa.
Congratulations bro! Also mubarak to Atifa and Iqra, mashallah good results, pray for the rest of us now lol.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:07 pm

tallojani wrote:Could someone highlight this for me please.

How crucial is it to submit telephone records/communication evidence i.e skype etc.
proof of subsisting relationship is very important

just as important as finances and other requirements..
Nasro MinAllah hee wa fatahun qareeb

Applied : 16/05/2013
Visa stamp : 04/09/2013 , in Islamabad
RFC & Collected : 05/09/2013.. Visa Granted

usman682
Newly Registered

Post by usman682 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:14 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:

proof of subsisting relationship is very important

just as important as finances and other requirements..
Communication evidence is very important if you lived separately for a long time.

You can check this thread for detail:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=106101

7. Letters/Phone cards/Means of Contact etc:

If you have lived separately for some time, you must show how you have kept in touch and show that your marriage subsists (This is one of the most common reason for refusal now).It is a common practice that we use cheap phone cards to call our relatives in Pakistan, but the trouble is that these cards do not show you have rung and spoken to your spouse. It is strongly advised that you use a phone where you can show an itemized bill for such calls. Write letters to your loved one, but make sure you keep them as proof. Contract by email is accepted to. If you have been to see your spouse after marriage, keep copies of the airline tickets, photos of you being together etc would also be helpful.

Wardak

Post by Wardak » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Sameena akhtar wrote:
abidabzhussain wrote:
Bit later than that nw ?

zaidi's rfc = 09/07/2013

samenas rfc = 19/07/2013

Aww thanks fr that.. inshallah inshallah... 17 days left.. pleaaaassseee pray fr me and fr every1!!!!

Tx my dear I really appreciate it, I know it's hard to wait guys but we hope for the positive outcome plz pray for me too and abida I do dua for u and all to have their visa soon and get together with their loved ones :)

atifakhan

Post by atifakhan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:07 pm

It is very crucial that you submit your telephone calls/contract phone bill, Skype calls, emails and any other form of communication. Please submit as much evidence as you can. Else the entry clearance officer will assume that there is no geniuness of your marriage (as known as sham marriage) etc..

atifakhan

Re: Hi

Post by atifakhan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:18 pm

asadalysa wrote:
grollier1956 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks and kind regards.
RFC means Ready For Collection.
You simply go to Gerry Centre and find out your decision. Take your receipt for your documents along with Nadra card and Nadra copy. Your outcome awaits you at the Gerry Centre. You will know if your visa has been granted or refused etc. So please go, it's 'RFC Ready For Collection'..

RFC is when Gerry's informs you that your passport is Ready For Collection..

atifakhan

TB Test

Post by atifakhan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:34 pm

My Visa was granted today.. But my TB Test expires on the 8th July 2013. My problem is that my earliest flight that I can take is on the 19th of July 2013.. BUT by then my TB Test would expire..

1. Has anyone else gone with an expired TB Test and faced any problems?
2. Could that cause any problems at UK airport when asked to show them an expired TB test?
3. Has anyone actually gone to UK with an expired TB test, any experiences that anyone can share?

Please HELP..

bluejewel

Re: TB Test

Post by bluejewel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:55 pm

atifakhan wrote:My Visa was granted today.. But my TB Test expires on the 8th July 2013. My problem is that my earliest flight that I can take is on the 19th of July 2013.. BUT by then my TB Test would expire..

2. Could that cause any problems at UK airport when asked to show them an expired TB test?
3. Has anyone actually gone to UK with an expired TB test, any experiences that anyone can share?

Please HELP..
As far as i know iif you enter the UK at the immigration office in UK airport they will check the validity of your TB certificate and most likely refuse you entry if its expired. Safest thing to do would be to get your test renewed-get another one done before booking your ticket..

usman682
Newly Registered

Post by usman682 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:57 pm

atifakhan wrote:My Visa was granted today.. But my TB Test expires on the 8th July 2013. My problem is that my earliest flight that I can take is on the 19th of July 2013.. BUT by then my TB Test would expire..

Please HELP..
Kindly check this:

"The certificate remains valid for 6 months. You will need to bring the certificate with you to the UK, and you should carry it in your hand luggage - if you do not do this, you may be delayed on arrival in the UK. We also advise you to take your chest x-ray with you to the UK, in case you need to see a doctor during your stay.

Source : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... gname=null

arsalank

Post by arsalank » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Please HELP..
one only needs a valid TB certificate at time of entry clearance application.
You do not need a valid TB certificate on arrival at a UK port. The expired certificate will do....

Mrs N

Post by Mrs N » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi Guys

looks like people who applied in march/april are still waiting - yet going off the UKBA website, processing times in May for lahore, 96% of decisions were made in 15 days.. and 99% in 40 days.. yet no one on here seems to have recieved a decision in less than 12 weeks... why is it the UKBA website is giving this sort of information then? i find this very confusing and highly misleading..

congratulations to all that have recieved their visa's .. may you all be blessed with a happy life with your partners in the UK inshallah..

another query - for thos that recieved their visas recently, were u given a time in which you had to leave the country (a lot of people say its 28 days from when your passport is stamped, however the UKBA website states that you can travel at any time within the validity of the visa - but then again it is misleading with the processing times so if anyone can confirm that would be great)

my husband applied on the 17th June and on 28th June the status changed to forwarded to BHC - ive calculated if it takes the full 12 weeks it will be 9th September by the time we hear anything - i am flying to pakistan on the 30th August and i am hoping inshallah to bring my husband back with me (very optimistic thinking i know) hence the query on the times ..

Thanks for your responses in advance

Mrs N x

ShaheenZaid

Appeal timings?

Post by ShaheenZaid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi,
I sent my husbands appeal papers 3 weeks ago and i checked my bank statement today and they have taken out £140..
so whats going to happen now and how long is it going to take exactly?
Please Reply.
Thank You

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Appeal timings?

Post by HaroonAli » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi Shaheen Zaid please can you move onto the other group as that is for appeals.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=2080

Please post your visa & appeal timeline there and we will be glad to help.

Have a good day.

Thanks
ShaheenZaid wrote:Hi,
I sent my husbands appeal papers 3 weeks ago and i checked my bank statement today and they have taken out £140..
Please Reply.
Thank You

ShaheenZaid

Re: Appeal timings?

Post by ShaheenZaid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:18 pm

HaroonAli wrote:Hi Shaheen Zaid please can you move onto the other group as that is for appeals.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=2080

Please post your visa & appeal timeline there and we will be glad to help.

Have a good day.

Thanks
ShaheenZaid wrote:Hi,
Please Reply.
Thank You

oops okay sorry i've just joined so i didnt know :?
i'll do it now,
thankss

Moonandstar

Post by Moonandstar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:07 am

Firstly congratulations to everyone that got their visas.

Just a quick question. Were any employment checks made?
If they were made how long after you submitted the application were the checks made and what type of checks were made (What questions did they ask your employer?)

Hopefully the Visa processing times are getting quicker and everyone that applied in April / May get a positive response very quickly.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:15 am

Moonandstar wrote:Firstly congratulations to everyone that got their visas.

Just a quick question. Were any employment checks made?
If they were made how long after you submitted the application were the checks made and what type of checks were made (What questions did they ask your employer?)

Hopefully the Visa processing times are getting quicker and everyone that applied in April / May get a positive response very quickly.
I applied on the 25th of april and employment checks were made around the 24th of may...
They just questioned my employment and not too sure of what else that was asked.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:55 am

I applied on the 25th of april and employment checks were made around the 24th of may...
They just questioned my employment and not too sure of what else that was asked.[/quote]

did you apply from Islamabad?

i applied on 16th May , but no checks were made . so i guess they wont be making it anymore.. as yours was done within a month !!

i think file moves in an order ... like at one step employment check is made , then finances check then subsisting relation check etc !!
Nasro MinAllah hee wa fatahun qareeb

Applied : 16/05/2013
Visa stamp : 04/09/2013 , in Islamabad
RFC & Collected : 05/09/2013.. Visa Granted