ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage to EU nationals

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LJE
Newly Registered

marriage to EU nationals

Post by LJE » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi all. This is my first post - I`m a British citizen and my fiance is Romanian, if I understand correctly before joining the EU Romanian citizens had to visit a designated register office prior to marriage - is this still the case now Romania is in the EU? Or can we marry without this ?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:58 pm

If the Romanian national is not planning to get married in the Church of England, you will have to visit the Register Office.. or get the Registerar to visit you in the approved premises. The only difference is that since joining the EU they do not have to get the permission from the Home Office to get married in the form of a CoA or get the necessary Entry Clearance to do so as they are no longer considered to be subjected to immigration control.
Jabi

LJE
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by LJE » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:34 pm

Hello,
Thanks for your reply no we will be marrying in a registar office and this information is very helpful and has cleared up some confusion... :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:34 pm

After the marriage has happened your husband (as he will be) can use form BR1. Click here to download a copy. After that form has been processed he will be able to be employed in the UK, even though he is an A2 national.
John

PewPew
Newly Registered

Post by PewPew » Wed May 02, 2007 9:21 am

this is the same situation i was in a while back since then we have married at a registry office and we have sent the br1 form off anyone know if any further interviews or paper work are required after u send the form off as it didnt seem to ask for much information

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 02, 2007 3:56 pm

anyone know if any further interviews or paper work are required after u send the form off as it didnt seem to ask for much information
I suspect they did not ask for much information because not much is needed in order to process the application. It is the fact that the marriage has happened, and the proof of that fact, that is the important point for you and your spouse.

This is of course a comparatively new procedure, but I would be amazed if an interview was required. Extra paper work? If you supplied all that was requested then I suspect not.

How long ago was the application made?
John

PewPew
Newly Registered

Post by PewPew » Wed May 02, 2007 4:44 pm

it was posted yesterday i have confirmation that they recived it. we got married on the 10th of april and had been away on honeymoon so needed our passports