ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in Dec but no record of employment in HMRC

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanjay23
Newly Registered

ILR in Dec but no record of employment in HMRC

Post by sanjay23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi Seniors
Can you please help/suggest me my ILR is due in Dec & i am on work permit with same employer throughout the 5 year as i dont have any P60 with me so i thought to get employement history from HMRC but got shocked as they told there is no employement & tax history of mine in their record.
can any one has face this issue. please guide me on this how do i proceed further for my ILR.

Thank in Advance

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Apart of employer it must be the duty of an individual employee too to keep record of its employment/self employment and if he/she not received P60/tax returns after year then must contact the authorities too to avoid future complications.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

augustine70
Newly Registered

Post by augustine70 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:02 pm

hi sanjay23,
Were you paid monthly or weekly?
Was it cash in hand or banked?
Did you get any payslips at all?

sanjay23
Newly Registered

Post by sanjay23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi augustine

i used to be paid monthly in bank yes i have pay slip too.

augustine70
Newly Registered

Post by augustine70 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:34 pm

hmmm....strange, your payslip should have reference number which connects to hmrc. Try calling them and quote the reference,(could be a mistake first time round?) But i think worst case scenario you could use payslips as I was missing a couple of P60 and gave the year end payslip to highlight the total amount earned till date and tax paid till date for that missing year. Unless someone had bad experience from this.(i had no probs but this is just in my case)

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:52 am

Subirajd
Newly Registered

Post by Subirajd » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Sanjay23,
Do you have NI number? The reaon being is that when you start employment and you have not applied or have your national insurance, your employer might use a temporary number to generate the payslip. If you have the payslip,check if your NI is stated on it. Ask your employer why did he not issue the P60 for all these years,