ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA is asking for original passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soma7474

UKBA is asking for original passports

Post by soma7474 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:51 pm

hello guys
My husband came in UK on workpermit and i came here as a dependant.
In 2010 we went for life in the UK test and we lost our passports in town.
After informing police we went for new passports and got TOC.

At the time of ILR we did not knew the exact dates of our travel due to lost passports so we left that place in the form blank and attached the police report, but i think UKBA had all that information through landing card details and we were granted ILR. Afterwards my daughter got British passport as well.

My husband had some driving convictions so we did not applied for nationality till 3 years.

Now we have applied for British Citizenship in April through NCS and we received a letter from UKBA yesterday asking for original current passport of me and my husband as we did a joint application. they also wrote that if you cant send original passports than send the HMRC documents, p60s, wageslips etc.

We have sent the original documents and the supporting documents as well through special delivery and have enclosed a prepaid special delivery envelop as well for safe return of documents.

just want to know is it normal to ask for original passports or a random check or what ? as we have sent the documents through NCS and original passports were also seen by NCS officer.

furthermore how long it could take more as its already been 2 and half month.

Please GURU comment as i am very worried about my application.

:roll:

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Have you applied using NCS? Did you explain you lost your passports? Have you provided alternative evidence as proof of stay? The fact it was accepted for ILR doesn't matter as this is a different department. You need to provide evidence of lawful residence in the UK.

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:49 pm

yes
we have applied through NCS
we have given all the documents i.e
letter from employer confirming 5 years employment
letter from landlord confirming our resedence
tax code letters, p60s, NI contribution etc
medical record from GP
reference letter from local councillor
etc

what could be the reason of asking for original passports

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:26 pm

It is not clear from your post if they are after your current passport or past passport. I guess the caseworker is concerned with your residence evidence and would like to see the original.

In any case, this means that your case has been allocated to a caseworker and if you send them the passports, it would not be long before a decision is made (probably 1-2 weeks).

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:44 pm

thanks for your reply
they are asking for current passports which are valid
from 2010 to 2015

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am

i have one more query GURU that the letter we received on 1st of July which asks for our original passports to be sent to UKBA states at the end that

Please Note that Should your application be successful for british citizenship be successful your certificate of British Citizenship will show the following details,

Name:xxxxxxx
Name at birth if different: Name at birth
Date of birth: xxxxxxxx
Place of birth: xxxxxxxx

if these details are incorrect, please inform our office in writing enclosing documentary evidence of the correct details.

is it a standard letter or something different

Moreover the letter is dated 12th of june and we have received it on 1st of july which is quite late even in case of second class post and we had the time to send back the passports till 3rd of july. so it was received near to deadline.

what could be the reason for this in your opinion...?