ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of employer due to umbrella company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krisy30
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Change of employer due to umbrella company

Post by krisy30 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:50 am

Hi,

I have received my Tier 2 (G) visa in March 2013 under my company name, Rowan Ltd (not the real name) which is trading under the umbrella company name, Oma Plc (again not the real name). The visa application went smoothly without any problem.

It was after my application was approved, the umbrella company, Oma Plc found out that Rowan Ltd had actually applied for sponsor licence and applied a visa for me. Oma Plc is not happy. They had earlier sent a guy within the company to check all our application documents. We (Rowan Ltd) did not receive any feedback after the investigation.

I have to add that Oma Plc at the early stages, when approached if they could sponsor me, they informed that the application process is very tedious and that they can only do a one year visa which is Inter company transfer (ICT). Oma Plc is shocked that we had gotten our visa so easily.

Now, Oma Plc is again sending another person over to my office to do an audit on HR. Plus after the audit, Oma Plc wants to change my sponsor visa from Rowan Ltd to Oma Plc.

The big question is, can and is there a way by the lawyers to just do a transfer over from Rowan Ltd to the umbrella company Oma Plc?

Or is this going to be a fresh visa application process again?