ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

if somebody knows about RoR(retained the right of residence)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arunsharma
Newly Registered

Post by arunsharma » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 pm

thanks obie, vinnay and reda. but does somebody know some case about divorce after almost exactly 3 years of marriage and got ROR (just a question), if Yes, then please share with me that weblink. thanks

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 pm

mcovet wrote:You would need to prove she was exercising treaty rights (same thing as you used to apply for your initial residence card presumably on form eea2) before initiating divorce and throughout the divorce proceedings (which could take a long time if you do not want a divorce yourself).
Why "before initiating divorce and throughout the divorce proceedings"? I thought non-EEA should prove that the EEA spouse was working during the period between Decree Nisi and Decree Absolute. What does "before" means then? How far "before"?

jackfruit
Newly Registered

a lot of reading but still confused about RoR!

Post by jackfruit » Wed May 22, 2013 2:47 pm

This is a great forum. Thanks to all the volunteers who help each other and share their knowledge.

I have a question myself and would like some clarification. Thanks in advance.
  • Married in Aug 2007
    Came to UK in Jan 2010
    EU spouse full-time student since then till present
    RC recieved Jun 2010
    Lived together in UK from Jan 2010 till Jun 2012 (all documents available)
    Separated in Jun 2012
    EU spouse applied for divorce
    Decree Absolute Today (May 2013)
    EU spouse full time student + has comprehensive insurance cover from divorce initiation till decree absolute (Oct 2012 till May 2013)
    I am on full-time employment since Jan 2010 till present
My questions are:
1) Can I apply for RoR on the basis that my ex was a student exercising treaty rights?

2) The RoR requires 3 years marriage, 1 year living together in UK and EU spouse exercising treaty rights on the date of divorce initiation till decree absolute and at the same time non-EU (myself) to exercise treaty rights since decree absolute - I tick all boxes, however,
- my ex is unwilling to give me any proof that she was exercising treaty rights on the date of divorce initiation till decree absolute (ie, letter form university or something like that)

What are my options?

jackfruit
Newly Registered

Re: a lot of reading but still confused about RoR!

Post by jackfruit » Sun May 26, 2013 6:56 pm

jackfruit wrote:This is a great forum. Thanks to all the volunteers who help each other and share their knowledge.

• Married in Aug 2007
    Came to UK in Jan 2010
    RC recieved Jun 2010
    Separated in Jun 2012
    EU spouse full time student + has comprehensive insurance cover from divorce initiation till decree absolute (Oct 2012 till May 2013)
My questions are:
1) Can I apply for RoR on the basis that my ex was a student exercising treaty rights?

2) The RoR requires 3 years marriage, 1 year living together in UK and EU spouse exercising treaty rights on the date of divorce initiation till decree absolute and at the same time non-EU (myself) to exercise treaty rights since decree absolute - I tick all boxes, however,
- my ex is unwilling to give me any proof that she was exercising treaty rights on the date of divorce initiation till decree absolute (ie, letter form university or something like that)

What are my options?
Anyone? Please shed some light. I would be very grateful.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: a lot of reading but still confused about RoR!

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:23 am

jackfruit wrote:
jackfruit wrote:This is a great forum. Thanks to all the volunteers who help each other and share their knowledge.

• Married in Aug 2007
    Came to UK in Jan 2010
    RC recieved Jun 2010
    Separated in Jun 2012
My questions are:

What are my options?
Anyone? Please shed some light. I would be very grateful.
If your EU national spouse was a student as far as i know you need to have Comprehensive insurance duration of the study

To be fully covered by the European right of free movement

if you spouse is a student, you need to provide a school, college or university letter confirming enrolment on the course. You will also need to provide a statement confirming that you have sufficient financial resources during your period of study along with supporting evidence such as a bank statement or evidence of a grant or scholarship; and evidence that you have comprehensive sickness insurance.

rollingstar
Newly Registered

Post by rollingstar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:52 am

Nimitta wrote:
mcovet wrote:You would need to prove she was exercising treaty rights (same thing as you used to apply for your initial residence card presumably on form eea2) before initiating divorce and throughout the divorce proceedings (which could take a long time if you do not want a divorce yourself).
Why "before initiating divorce and throughout the divorce proceedings"? I thought non-EEA should prove that the EEA spouse was working during the period between Decree Nisi and Decree Absolute. What does "before" means then? How far "before"?
Could some1 plz shed some lights on the question of Nimitta????