ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK: in-country or out-of-country application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IM314
Newly Registered

Child born in UK: in-country or out-of-country application?

Post by IM314 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:12 am

Can anyone share their experience with applying in-country for a child born to non-UK parents on Tier 2? The forms for in-country dependant applications require proof of previous leave to enter/remain, which the child obviously doesn't have, and I'm concerned the application will be rejected.

Out-of-country doesn't require that, but the child is obviously not out of the country, so it's a perfect UKBA Catch-22!

Any advice?

niv.niv.n

Post by niv.niv.n » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:55 pm

You should be applying for in-country form.In the colum where it ask for proof of previous leave to remain or similar questions which are not relevant to the child born here, just mention "Child born in UK"

I did the same for my daughter.

IM314
Newly Registered

Post by IM314 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Thank you!
niv.niv.n wrote:You should be applying for in-country form.In the colum where it ask for proof of previous leave to remain or similar questions which are not relevant to the child born here, just mention "Child born in UK"

I did the same for my daughter.