ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Funds maintenance for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Query on Funds maintenance for ILR

Post by globalindian » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:20 am

Hi,
I want to know if we need to maintain a minimum balance in the bank for last 3 months before the ILR application?
I know this is a rule for Tier 1 but not sure if there is any such specific rule for ILR.

Can the asset and Bank balance of any other countries be produced as a proof of maintenance fund for ILR application?
Thanks

newbie_2013

Re: Query on Funds maintenance for ILR

Post by newbie_2013 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:00 am

globalindian wrote:Hi,
I want to know if we need to maintain a minimum balance in the bank for last 3 months before the ILR application?
I know this is a rule for Tier 1 but not sure if there is any such specific rule for ILR.

Can the asset and Bank balance of any other countries be produced as a proof of maintenance fund for ILR application?
Thanks
no fund maintenance for ILR

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Thanks

No need to maintain funds for ILR application.
please check the application form, that makes you clear about the documents
and points

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

ukba2536 wrote:

Thanks

No need to maintain funds for ILR application.
please check the application form, that makes you clear about the documents
and points
Many thanks ukba2536.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:36 pm

A friend mentioned that no need but don't know myself. I would suggest to check through Guidance Notes and you will be 100% sure.
Plesae update the forum about your findings.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Sahib wrote:A friend mentioned that no need but don't know myself. I would suggest to check through Guidance Notes and you will be 100% sure.
Plesae update the forum about your findings.
Sure. Thanks Sahib.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Just going through the immigration rules for maintenance of funds. Not sure if I am referring to the correct section.
I am a Tier 2 ICT migrant applying for ILR.

As per the below link any Tier 2 migrant:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixc/
Tier 2 Migrants

4. An applicant applying for entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 2 Migrant must score 10 points for Funds.

5. 10 points will only be awarded if:

(a) the applicant has the level of funds shown in the table below and provides the specified documents in paragraph 1B above, or

Level of funds Points awarded
£900 10

Just wanted to double check that this does NOT apply for ILR. I am referring to the posts where Solihull is asking for funds:
https://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=809288

Unfortunately I am not maintaining the funds. I do have India account where I have funds but not sure if that will be accepted.
Thanks[/url]
Last edited by globalindian on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:19 pm

globalindian wrote:Just going through the immigration rules for maintenance of funds. Not sure if I am referring to the correct section.
I am a Tier 2 ICT migrant applying for ILR.

As per the below link any Tier 2 migrant:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixc/
Tier 2 Migrants

4. An applicant applying for entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 2 Migrant must score 10 points for Funds.

5. 10 points will only be awarded if:

(a) the applicant has the level of funds shown in the table below and provides the specified documents in paragraph 1B above, or

Level of funds Points awarded
£900 10

Just wanted to double check that this does NOT apply for ILR.

Thanks
NO FUNDS MAINTENANCE FOR ILR. If you want official note from UKBA, go to points calculator (well you cant now until tomorrow as they are dong site maintenance) and when you get to points for funds page click the help (? button next to it) and it will clearly say that if you are applying under settlement you dont need funds maintenance.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Thanks dude.
However please refer to the below post. Seems Solihull is asking.

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:37 pm

globalindian wrote:Thanks dude.
However please refer to the below post. Seems Solihull is asking.
I believe the posts involve an ILR applicant with family!? Nevertheless funds maintenance is not mandatory and CW can never reject the application based on this point. May be a decent balance at least in the last month or so (that too for peace of mind) will be good. Thats all I can infer :p

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Thanks mate. Yes I have started maintaining for the last month.