ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Civil Partner - Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bsvs
Newly Registered

Post by bsvs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:49 am

Hello All

I am in civil partnership and recieved my spouse visa earlier this year.
I am from an African country and i am planning on visiting my home country next month. Since it is illegal to be gay there, I am wondering when Im coming back to England and they check my brp, it says spouse/partner on it.
Will they ask me anything in regards to my visa? As my partner will not be travelling with me.
When they scan my passport would anything flag up that Im in a civil partnership? When we got our civil partnership I didnt inform my embassy for obvious reasons here but would the ukba have told them anything?
I am going to be travelling alone and since my family back home dont know about my visa, Im just scared and confused whether they shall ask me questions when Im leaving the country regarding my partner or if they know already and incase lock me up :s

Any help would be appreciated!

twrist
Newly Registered

Post by twrist » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Hello bsvs,

You should have no problem at all. My CP had his BRP checked in Zimbabwe and all they did was compare his BRP and passport, and check the dates on the BRP. There was no scanning of the BRP, and although they did scan his passport, it didn't show anything about his residence or relationship status. The UKBA don't 'inform' home countries, since it has nothing to do with them.

Contact me if you're still worried though :)

psb

Post by psb » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Do not show the BRP to local authorities, on entry or exit, but your passport only. Your BRP does not show the gender of your partner, just make up a female's name if you are asked.

You only need to show the BRP to the airline check-in desk to make sure you have a valid visa for the UK.

I wish you a safe trip to your country.

bsvs
Newly Registered

Post by bsvs » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Thank you guys!! Now I can sleep in peace and enjoy looking forward to my holiday!!