ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JUST RECEIVED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER BUT NAME SPELLED WRONG

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m3osk
Newly Registered

JUST RECEIVED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER BUT NAME SPELLED WRONG

Post by m3osk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi all the experts;

I have just received my acknowledgement letter from post and where it says my name and address basically its got Mr (My Lastname) and address written below. My Lastname spelled wrong what should i do?

Thanks

psb

Post by psb » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:20 pm

I suggest you email the Home Office URGENTLY otherwise your certificate will be mispelt as well. There is an email address on the letter, make sure you quote your reference number.

m3osk
Newly Registered

Post by m3osk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Thanks for your reply. On this letter email address is;

ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

but on the references;

Our Ref: NFEEXXXXXXX

Your Ref: N/A

Date: 26/06/2013

So would it be fine if i just put Our Ref number?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:23 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

psb

Post by psb » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:30 pm

I suggest in the title/subject of your email, you write:

'URGENT mispelt name, ref: NFEEXXXX'

Write your full name, date of birth and nationality.

m3osk
Newly Registered

Post by m3osk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks for replies. I have sent emails to both addresses explaining the situation and hopefully they will correct the error.

Hope they respond to confirm tho as it would be really mystery waiting like this for me.

Kind Regards

m3osk
Newly Registered

Post by m3osk » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:30 am

As confirmed that i have sent emails to both of the email addresses above on 29th June but still not received any confirmation or anything yet back :( Please advise me the further steps or how long normally it takes for UKBA to respond any of the emails?

Kind Regards

psb

Post by psb » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Maybe you can send them another email. They are a bit slow at the Home Office when it comes to non-routine matters.

Give it some more time and be patient.

psb

Post by psb » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:01 pm

It is also advisable to contact your local council to inform them about this mistake, maybe they have better means of communication with the Home Office than you.

Your certificate may be printed with your name misspelt and it will be the council that will have to send the certificate back to them.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:41 pm

psb wrote:It is also advisable to contact your local council to inform them about this mistake, maybe they have better means of communication with the Home Office than you.

Your certificate may be printed with your name misspelt and it will be the council that will have to send the certificate back to them.
Local council has nothing to do with the matter. You make application to UKBA and sort all problems with UKBA. Local councils play no role whatsoever apart from conducting ceremonies.