ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tei123

Post by tei123 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:20 am

@yummymummy3j thanks for ur response.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:25 am

cissily wrote:Ive been granted on the grounds of private life, 276ADE of immigration rules - under 18, and lived in the UK for at least 7 years.
Been here since i was 8, family overstayed because of some mix up with the visa, we didnt have enough money to get solicitor to sort it out back then. Was suppose to go to uni this year but couldnt because of this so i decided to sort it out myself once and for all. Had amazing support from Coram Children Legal Centre who has helped me all the way.
Hope this helps anyone who may be in a similar situation to me.
Well done babe! Enjoy your freedom and enjoy uni next year!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:28 am

@winners i know loads of pple dat were granted based on d 7 yr rule..it is well you will recieve the good news soon

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:28 am

Time503 wrote:Good news guys
My solicitor just called and said I've been granted. I'm still in a state of shock. O my Goddddd!!!!!!!
WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP !!!!!!! Congratulations babe!!!! Enjoy your freedom!!!!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:31 am

Awwwwh!!

July is THE MONTH for us all!!!!

I just have this good feeeeeeling :D

Soon more good news will come!!!!!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:35 am

Thinking if the postman have good news for me this morning lol waitinggggggg( well they states urgent consideration let's see how urgent they can be) lol

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:43 am

hi @yummymummy3j you know loads of people granting under 7 year rules its a fantastic news, I heard only one @time503 yesterday, could you tell me please how long these people applcation took home office to decide? Does these people are legal or illegal?

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:47 am

sanny26 wrote:Thinking if the postman have good news for me this morning lol waitinggggggg( well they states urgent consideration let's see how urgent they can be) lol
That postman is coming for you Hun

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:50 am

@shondra these people are not on the forum.....they were illegal b4 they applied.... i dont know how long they had to wait but abt 4 pple who are not connected got granted..With God nothing is impossible...

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks yummymummy3j so the defintley applied after 9th july under 7 year child rules. God bless all.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Thanks yummymummy3j so the defintley applied after 9th july under 7 year child rules. God bless all.
Hi Everybody

I am watching this forum few days. Few of them have similar situation like me.
I applied FLR(O) under 7 yrs child rule. Time line are

Application submit Dec2012
Ack. rece. Dec 2012
Bio Done March 2013
Decision. Waiting.

Hope everybody in this forum have good day in near future.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:31 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Thanks yummymummy3j so the defintley applied after 9th july under 7 year child rules. God bless all.
Hi Everybody

I am watching this forum few days. Few of them have similar situation like me.
I applied FLR(O) under 7 yrs child rule. Time line are

Application submit Dec2012
Ack. rece. Dec 2012
Bio Done March 2013
Decision. Waiting.

Hope everybody in this forum have good day in near future.
Welcome to the forum Shareen24h...i have a similar application to yours with close timelines....i applied in early Nov 2012, bio done 20th March...still waiting......trying to be patient....all the best to you... :) :)

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:07 pm

How long after case get allocated to caseworker u reckon u will get a decision?

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:08 pm

sanny26 wrote:How long after case get allocated to caseworker u reckon u will get a decision?
Dear I think it should take 2-3 weeks

mummytwo

Call to UKBA

Post by mummytwo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Hello lovely people.
My employer carried out checks to confirm my pending application about 3 months ago, the response came back as my current leave remains pending when a decision is taken on my application.

Then I was having a chat with the HR lady in my office like last week and then she suggested we give them a call just to see if there is a favourable response, so we did this morning and the lady we spoke to was so unfriendly, like her voice would most likely cut through ice,thats how sharp and unfriendly she sounded.

After confirming from me that it was ok to discuss my case with the HR lady,she just said yes, her application is pending.... she will have to continue waiting and she is unable to confirm how long I will have to wait for because there are lots of outstanding applications and mine is also in the queue. Then she said this applies to all applications submitted before March 2013.(which explains why application submitted after this period have been processed so quickly). I wish I could ask her the specific reason for this but because of the HR lady I couldn't and didin't want to make it look like I was wasting company time and resources(LOL) since she only needed the information for the company records and information purposes.

I just hope this ''end of summer'' deadline will prove true and above all we be granted our visas,Amen.

In other related news, congratulations to all those who have been granted.God bless. :D

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:49 pm

@mummy two they are funny pple even if yr visa has been authorised about to be posted to u and you call them dat same minute they will keep telling you its pending and the next day you get yr visa and yr doc .... they dont say exactly wats happening.....it is well in jesus name.....how long have you been waiting?

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Re: Call to UKBA

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:50 pm

mummytwo wrote:Hello lovely people.
My employer carried out checks to confirm my pending application about 3 months ago, the response came back as my current leave remains pending when a decision is taken on my application.

Then I was having a chat with the HR lady in my office like last week and then she suggested we give them a call just to see if there is a favourable response, so we did this morning and the lady we spoke to was so unfriendly, like her voice would most likely cut through ice,thats how sharp and unfriendly she sounded.

After confirming from me that it was ok to discuss my case with the HR lady,she just said yes, her application is pending.... she will have to continue waiting and she is unable to confirm how long I will have to wait for because there are lots of outstanding applications and mine is also in the queue. Then she said this applies to all applications submitted before March 2013.(which explains why application submitted after this period have been processed so quickly). I wish I could ask her the specific reason for this but because of the HR lady I couldn't and didin't want to make it look like I was wasting company time and resources(LOL) since she only needed the information for the company records and information purposes.

I just hope this ''end of summer'' deadline will prove true and above all we be granted our visas,Amen.

In other related news, congratulations to all those who have been granted.God bless. :D
Atleast you are lucky that they responded that you have the right to work...my employers asked a month after I applied (an in time application...never been an over stayer) and they gave a vague response.."this individual has presented themselves as able to work...she should be able to do so based on an outstanding application...However we are unable to confirm that this is the case...this letter therefore does not exempt you from being penalized for employing an illegal immigrant" my employer gave me three months then terminated my services so been out of work since January......still have to pay rent, council tax etc....I have been to my MP and they haven't been as helpful as I thought they would be......

yahwadud

Amnesty

Post by yahwadud » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:52 pm

For many years, British voters have said that illegal immigration is among their chief concerns, and that they want the Government to be much more radical in combating it. But very few of them know either the scale of the problem – how many illegal immigrants live in Britain – or the nature of it. As a result, the idea of an amnesty creating a route to citizenship has long been widely derided. That is what makes the latest intervention of Nadhim Zahawi, a rising Tory MP, fascinating.
In a provocative essay for a think-tank called Right Revival, Mr Zahawi argues that the Tory party should embrace the idea of an amnesty as a means of reconnecting with voters from ethnic minorities. In fact, there are much better reasons for supporting such a policy.
Illegal immigrants may arrive unlawfully, may arrive lawfully but overstay, or may be the children of those who do either. Naturally, their number cannot be guessed with much precision, but estimates are generally about 600,000 at least. There are three policy approaches to this problem.
First, mass deportation; second, the status quo; and third, amnesty. The first won’t happen; the second is ineffective; and the third has costs and benefits. One cost is that it might be seen to reward illegal behaviour; another is that it would encourage further migration. The evidence for both is limited. The benefits, however, are clear. The London School of Economics has estimated that taking illegal immigrants – many of whom have been here for more than a decade – out of the shadows could reduce criminality and generate £3bn in taxation.
It was Citizens UK, the community organising group, that put an amnesty on the political agenda. Since it began campaigning in the last parliament, some surprising advocates have emerged, including Boris Johnson. Smart Tories are realising that while the word amnesty is thought to imply a soft touch, in fact the moral, social and economic case is hard-headed. As Mr Zahawi notes, it may be good politics, too.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Time503 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:How long after case get allocated to caseworker u reckon u will get a decision?
Dear I think it should take 2-3 weeks

Thanx for your reply Times503. Because they states they doing a urgent consideration I thought it would have taken about a week.lol

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:01 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@mummy two they are funny pple even if yr visa has been authorised about to be posted to u and you call them dat same minute they will keep telling you its pending and the next day you get yr visa and yr doc .... they dont say exactly wats happening.....it is well in jesus name.....how long have you been waiting?
Thank you dear YummyMummy, I think those people in charge of the phones just have no clue about what really goes on. They just roll out standard generic responses to get us off their backs but what can we do other than to commit them to our God, it is well with us,amen.

I have been waiting since 0ct 2012 so it is about 9 months now.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 pm

@ mummytwo been waiting since october too..and my employer didnt even ask or discuss anything with me about my visa but i guess they must have called without me knowing .....i have a strong feeling we will get our extension soon.

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:10 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:

Atleast you are lucky that they responded that you have the right to work...my employers asked a month after I applied (an in time application...never been an over stayer) and they gave a vague response.."this individual has presented themselves as able to work...she should be able to do so based on an outstanding application...However we are unable to confirm that this is the case...this letter therefore does not exempt you from being penalized for employing an illegal immigrant" my employer gave me three months then terminated my services so been out of work since January......still have to pay rent, council tax etc....I have been to my MP and they haven't been as helpful as I thought they would be......
Oh Crystal, I am so sorry about this. I also apologise for sounding silly by saying so much here,didnt mean to pass off as rude or ignorant. Just wanted to update the forum since this place is like a support network for all of us in the UKBA boat. The lady at my place of work used to work as a migrant employer in her previous employment, so she only sent me a copy of the response she recieved from them. I really dont have a clue how it works myself. I really apologise once more

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:20 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@ mummytwo been waiting since october too..and my employer didnt even ask or discuss anything with me about my visa but i guess they must have called without me knowing .....i have a strong feeling we will get our extension soon.
Amen to your prayers Yummymummy. A friend of mine also said the same thing too that her employer didnt ask her anything so she is guessing they had done the checks without her knowing. I am almost certain that is what has happened to her as well.

@Crystal dear, I think contacting MP all depends on the MP and how helpful he is. At a point when it looked like my job was on the line,you wont believe that out of desperation I wrote to David Cameron ( please dont laugh.LOL. I also feel silly when I think of the lengths I went to all out of frustration and depression thanks to UKBA) :lol:

I did get a response to say it will be looked into, but here I am still waiting.Wrote letter of complain to UKBA boss, it will be looked into but oddly enough never contacted my MP,how strange.

Now, I dont even want to contact anyone anymore but my God, he has the final say over any decision so he must intervene for me and all of us all and God will not dissapoint us,amen.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:20 pm

mummytwo wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:

Oh Crystal, I am so sorry about this. I also apologise for sounding silly by saying so much here,didnt mean to pass off as rude or ignorant. Just wanted to update the forum since this place is like a support network for all of us in the UKBA boat. The lady at my place of work used to work as a migrant employer in her previous employment, so she only sent me a copy of the response she recieved from them. I really dont have a clue how it works myself. I really apologise once more
Don't worry...I didn't take it as rude and I don't think it sounded silly...any information is good information....I just meant count yourself lucky that you are working.....the fact that your HR person worked as a migrant employer explains why she understands immigration issues...my employers were charged before so they became scared after that response from home office...at the time I was happy to stop working as the job was not in my field....but now its too much strain on my husband...But am trusting God and am sure all of us will get something soon :) :D :D

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:28 pm

mummytwo wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@ mummytwo been waiting since october too..and my employer didnt even ask or discuss anything with me about my visa but i guess they must have called without me knowing .....i have a strong feeling we will get our extension soon.
Amen to your prayers Yummymummy. A friend of mine also said the same thing too that her employer didnt ask her anything so she is guessing they had done the checks without her knowing. I am almost certain that is what has happened to her as well.

@Crystal dear, I think contacting MP all depends on the MP and how helpful he is. At a point when it looked like my job was on the line,you wont believe that out of desperation I wrote to David Cameron ( please dont laugh.LOL. I also feel silly when I think of the lengths I went to all out of frustration and depression thanks to UKBA) :lol:

I did get a response to say it will be looked into, but here I am still waiting.Wrote letter of complain to UKBA boss, it will be looked into but oddly enough never contacted my MP,how strange.

Now, I dont even want to contact anyone anymore but my God, he has the final say over any decision so he must intervene for me and all of us all and God will not dissapoint us,amen.
@ Mummytwo...it will be well in God's name.......I laughed at the David Cameron thing...you made my day...I am thinking I am being too nice and I should fight more.....But am letting God do my battles