ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony invitation.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chineseguyuk
Newly Registered

Citizenship ceremony invitation.

Post by chineseguyuk » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:55 pm

I received my approval on 30th June and I am still waiting for the ceremony invitation. Is it possible to contact local authority directly? If yes, How? Thanks.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship ceremony invitation.

Post by ric1982 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:19 pm

chineseguyuk wrote:I received my approval on 30th June and I am still waiting for the ceremony invitation. Is it possible to contact local authority directly? If yes, How? Thanks.
If you have applied via NCS then you dont need to wait for invitation letter, just ring the council and book the appointment. If you have applied by yourself then you can wait or contact council or contact ukba.

chineseguyuk
Newly Registered

Post by chineseguyuk » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm

ric1982 wrote:
chineseguyuk wrote:I received my approval on 30th June and I am still waiting for the ceremony invitation. Is it possible to contact local authority directly? If yes, How? Thanks.
If you have applied via NCS then you dont need to wait for invitation letter, just ring the council and book the appointment. If you have applied by yourself then you can wait or contact council or contact ukba.
Thanks for your reply. how to contact them? which department? thanks

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:25 pm

chineseguyuk wrote:
ric1982 wrote:
Not sure tbh. There is an email address but I wouldnt hold my breath. Others on this forum might be able to help you on this.

Mean time you can also write a letter (signed for of course) which would be very difficult to ignore. I would do this.

My impression of UKBA is "take all the money you can but don't give any service support".

Good luck.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:07 pm

ric1982 wrote:
chineseguyuk wrote:
ric1982 wrote:
Not sure tbh. There is an email address but I wouldnt hold my breath. Others on this forum might be able to help you on this.

Mean time you can also write a letter (signed for of course) which would be very difficult to ignore. I would do this.

My impression of UKBA is "take all the money you can but don't give any service support".

Good luck.
I'm confused at the advice given. What does NCS have to do with the approval and invitation to ceremony letter? And why would the OP need to write a letter to UKBA about the invitation letter?

OP, does your approval letter say that you have to wait for your invitation letter before you contact the council?

If so, then just wait for the invitation letter to arrive. It will have the number you will need to call. You only received the approval 3 days ago, sometimes it takes another week for you to get the invitation letter.

If your approval letter tells you to contact your local council then call the number for your local council. As I don't know where you live I won't be able to give you that number. It should have the number on the letter though, so I don't think the letter you have is the invitation letter.

Just give it perhaps another week. If you haven't received your invitation letter by then then give your council a call. You can use google to get the number for your council if you don't know it. But I suspect you will receive the invitation letter within the next few days anyway.

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:51 pm

I have been waiting a month for the invitation letter now. Emailed them twice after the two week period had elapsed and nothing ... All the while the 90 day limit is being eaten into.

Think I will be calling my local council...

So close yet soooo far...

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:02 pm

uk_mkh wrote:I have been waiting a month for the invitation letter now. Emailed them twice after the two week period had elapsed and nothing ... All the while the 90 day limit is being eaten into.

Oh yeah, definitely get in touch with your council if it's been a month. They probably already have your certificate by now and are waiting for you to book a ceremony date. Tell them you still haven't received the invitation letter and they might be able to get in contact with UKBA for you.

macjackbauer
Newly Registered

Post by macjackbauer » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:32 pm

哥们 没用的 我试过了 你给 你的 concil 打电话的时候 人家问你 ref 号 和 PO 号 这个号码 只有 你的 邀请信上才有

我之前 也是等的不耐烦了 打了个电话 因为没有那些号码 人家 直接 不合我说话了。

你要是等了这么长时间 你可以给 HO 发个电子邮件 什么的

恭喜成功

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Please try and keep the language to English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

uk_mkh

Post by uk_mkh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Astrid24 wrote:
uk_mkh wrote:I have been waiting a month for the invitation letter now. Emailed them twice after the two week period had elapsed and nothing ... All the while the 90 day limit is being eaten into.

Oh yeah, definitely get in touch with your council if it's been a month. They probably already have your certificate by now and are waiting for you to book a ceremony date. Tell them you still haven't received the invitation letter and they might be able to get in contact with UKBA for you.
Called my local council and they don't have my certificate. She told me to wait 1 more week since they get them on Friday. She was very helpful. I think something has gone wrong. Will be calling UKBA since the email method is not working. Could be a few hours on the line!

viper123
Newly Registered

Post by viper123 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:30 pm

so what happen ? Did you get it and how? Coz i am having the same situation