ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC - Proof of residence on arrival at UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RAW

EC - Proof of residence on arrival at UK

Post by RAW » Thu May 03, 2007 6:50 pm

Friendz,
a query about EC....... i'll be applying for EC within next two weeks..... regarding proof of residence arrangments on arrival at UK....... what kind of letter should be presented for this..... actually I have some relatives at Glasgow and wants them to write a letter to BHC stating to take care about my residence till any further arrangements.......
if u ppl have any idea about the letter format....... pls share...... i hope this may be helpfull to other perspective EC candidates as well....

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
RAW

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi,
There are following options:
(i) Most ideal is that someone in UK who can sponsor you. For that you have to get a sponsorship letter (mentioning that your expenses and accommodation would be met by the sponsor) along with passport / visa copies, bank account statements, address proof etc. For more details about sponsor please refer BHC / vfs sites

(ii) You can provide accommodation letter (addressed to BHC) from your friend (signed) mentioning that you would be staying with him until you find your own accommodation. You should provided his passport /visa copies, bank account statement, address proof too. (For my case I used this option).

(iii) Another option is that you show the booking confirmation (email) from some hotel / guest house for at least 2 weeks.

Please go through the topics like "EC - My Findings" in this forum to get detailed information.

Regards,
ns7

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:27 pm

(I will post the format of the letter which I used in my case)

RAW

Post by RAW » Fri May 04, 2007 1:35 pm

thanks buddy 4 this help.........waiting 4 the letter format

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi,

Please find enclosed the template which I used for accommodation letter from my friend in UK. I applied for EC in Feb 2007 and my HSMP approval was under old scheme. Along with accommodation letter (signed by him) I gave his passport and visa copy and bank statements.
PS: Since I applied (from New Delhi) more than 2 months back so please also see the experiences of other people who have applied in recent times.

Regards,
ns7

<date>
To,
The Immigration Officer
Visa Section
British High Commission
<address1>

Dear Sir/Madam,

My friend Mr. <name1> S/o Mr. <name2>, R/o <address2> has applied for Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and got the approval from Home Office, UK (reference number - <ref number>). He will be coming to the UK after completing his Entry Clearance (EC) formalities.

We have been friends since last <n> years and have been in touch on a regular basis. Please let me use this opportunity to bring to your notice that he will be staying with me until he finds his own accommodation.

Should you need any further clarifications in this regard, please contact me.

Yours Sincerely,

<name3>
Phone: <phone>
Email: <email>
Address: <address3>

RAW

Post by RAW » Sat May 05, 2007 3:47 am

Thanks again...

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:16 am

Hi All,

I have some querry on Arrival at UK Airport.

Does the Immigration Officer at UK Airport ask for the proof of residence on arrival?

If I show the hotel booking which is different (dates/hotel changed) than what was given at the time of EC at local BHC; will that be of any problem.

Pls. trow some light on this subject.

Thanks,
NNJ10

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:30 am

Hi,

(1) I have been told that Immigration Officer / Medical Team at UK Airport asks for the UK address/contact.

(2) I don't think there should be any problem if your hotel (dates/hotel) details are different then what you did show at the time of EC, because this situation shouldn't be uncommon. To be on safe side you can you can also take previous booking details as reference and on being asked tell them about the change. Senior members ! any comments ?

Regards,
ns7

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sun May 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi everybody,

I am also preparing the docs for the EC.

the three options given by ns7 is perfect related to showing the proof of accomodation at UK.

Even i am planning to provide accommodation letter (addressed to BHC) from my friend (signed) who is an permanent resident in UK mentioning that I would be staying with him until I find my own accommodation.

Dear NS7 , did the BHC called up ur friend or did any type of verification with ur friend ?

that's an important information to learn....please help us .

Mohan