ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:30 pm

@crystal, it is well ...how long hv yu been waiting and is it an extension?

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:34 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
mummytwo wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@ mummytwo been waiting since october too..and my employer didnt even ask or discuss anything with me about my visa but i guess they must have called without me knowing .....i have a strong feeling we will get our extension soon.
Amen to your prayers Yummymummy. A friend of mine also said the same thing too that her employer didnt ask her anything so she is guessing they had done the checks without her knowing. I am almost certain that is what has happened to her as well.

@Crystal dear, I think contacting MP all depends on the MP and how helpful he is. At a point when it looked like my job was on the line,you wont believe that out of desperation I wrote to David Cameron ( please dont laugh.LOL. I also feel silly when I think of the lengths I went to all out of frustration and depression thanks to UKBA) :

I did get a response to say it will be looked into, but here I am still waiting.Wrote letter of complain to UKBA boss, it will be looked into but oddly enough never contacted my MP,how strange.

Now, I dont even want to contact anyone anymore but my God, he has the final say over any decision so he must intervene for me and all of us all and God will not dissapoint us,amen.
@ Mummytwo...it will be well in God's name.......I laughed at the David Cameron thing...you made my day...I am thinking I am being too nice and I should fight more.....But am letting God do my battles

Thank you so much Crystal, I am so grateful for your understanding and am glad you understood my point,thanks so much.I feel much better now.
About the David Cameron thing, I also laugh anytime I remember, :)
only God can help us with the UKBA guys. Just like you I am leaving it all to God now. It is well with us all.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@crystal, it is well ...how long hv yu been waiting and is it an extension?
it has been alittle over nine months....its a fresh application...seven year rule....my kids are eight and nine (almost ten)....been here nine years...had biometric done on 20th March, 2013

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:38 pm

lolz mummytwo you finished me with d david cameron thingy :lol: ...thanx for making me laff...but i dont blame you .i have done loads of crazy things out of fraustration, d latest one is eating toothpick and looking out of d window every mornoing when am not workin to see if d postman is coming to knock on my door and dis morning i nearly went to ask him to check in trolley properly for any thing meant for my house no....
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:39 pm

So I called now and they say they are dealing with all applications that are the 10 year private or 10 year partner route. But they are working on those who applied in october

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:40 pm

@crystal i know few pple who got granted based on the seven yr rule..they r not on this forum tho...it is well yr good news is comin

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Amnesty

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:52 pm

yahwadud wrote:For many years, British voters have said that illegal immigration is among their chief concerns, and that they want the Government to be much more radical in combating it. But very few of them know either the scale of the problem – how many illegal immigrants live in Britain – or the nature of it. As a result, the idea of an amnesty creating a route to citizenship has long been widely derided. That is what makes the latest intervention of Nadhim Zahawi, a rising Tory MP, fascinating.
In a provocative essay for a think-tank called Right Revival, Mr Zahawi argues that the Tory party should embrace the idea of an amnesty as a means of reconnecting with voters from ethnic minorities. In fact, there are much better reasons for supporting such a policy.
Illegal immigrants may arrive unlawfully, may arrive lawfully but overstay, or may be the children of those who do either. Naturally, their number cannot be guessed with much precision, but estimates are generally about 600,000 at least. There are three policy approaches to this problem.
First, mass deportation; second, the status quo; and third, amnesty. The first won’t happen; the second is ineffective; and the third has costs and benefits. One cost is that it might be seen to reward illegal behaviour; another is that it would encourage further migration. The evidence for both is limited. The benefits, however, are clear. The London School of Economics has estimated that taking illegal immigrants – many of whom have been here for more than a decade – out of the shadows could reduce criminality and generate £3bn in taxation.
It was Citizens UK, the community organising group, that put an amnesty on the political agenda. Since it began campaigning in the last parliament, some surprising advocates have emerged, including Boris Johnson. Smart Tories are realising that while the word amnesty is thought to imply a soft touch, in fact the moral, social and economic case is hard-headed. As Mr Zahawi notes, it may be good politics, too.
Thanks yawadud. Please remind me if you have been granted 30months
Godgives

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:56 pm

majojo wrote:So I called now and they say they are dealing with all applications that are the 10 year private or 10 year partner route. But they are working on those who applied in october
That's good news as I fall into that category, when did you ring HO ?

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:59 pm

mummytwo wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
mummytwo wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@ mummytwo been waiting since october too..and my employer didnt even ask or discuss anything with me about my visa but i guess they must have called without me knowing .....i have a strong feeling we will get our extension soon.
Amen to your prayers Yummymummy. A friend of mine also said the same thing too that her employer didnt ask her anything so she is guessing they had done the checks without her knowing. I am almost certain that is what has happened to her as well.

@Crystal dear, I think contacting MP all depends on the MP and how helpful he is. At a point when it looked like my job was on the line,you wont believe that out of desperation I wrote to David Cameron ( please dont laugh.LOL. I also feel silly when I think of the lengths I went to all out of frustration and depression thanks to UKBA) :

I did get a response to say it will be looked into, but here I am still waiting.Wrote letter of complain to UKBA boss, it will be looked into but oddly enough never contacted my MP,how strange.

Now, I dont even want to contact anyone anymore but my God, he has the final say over any decision so he must intervene for me and all of us all and God will not dissapoint us,amen.
@ Mummytwo...it will be well in God's name.......I laughed at the David Cameron thing...you made my day...I am thinking I am being too nice and I should fight more.....But am letting God do my battles

Thank you so much Crystal, I am so grateful for your understanding and am glad you understood my point,thanks so much.I feel much better now.
only God can help us with the UKBA guys. Just like you I am leaving it all to God now. It is well with us all.

You made me laugh on David Cameron's letter..thank u for bringing a smile on our face

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Hello guys, I contacted my MP for my FLR(O) application. ( Got his acknowledgement letter) but have not heard anything from him again for more than three weeks. I also sent an email to him twice, once to inform him I would like to contact ombusdma, but no response. I sent in my application sine July 2012, Done biometric February 12, 2013. I am 'dying' here because I lost my good job because of the UKBA mistake they made on my previous application by sending their decision of refusal to an address I never gave them, for eight months I was working without knowing I have become an overstayer through no fault of my own. My employer contacted them later behind my back, and that was when I found out about thier decision. Now I reapply now on flr(o) and they are still doing this to me. Please what do you guys advise I should do? Some of you guys know my story. I don't think this country should treat peoplee like this, I even served in the British Territorial Army for Three years, though I didn't go to war.

Now, I dont even want to contact anyone anymore but my God, he has the final say over any decision so he must intervene for me and all of us all and God will not dissapoint us,amen.[/quote]

@ Mummytwo...it will be well in God's name.......I laughed at the David Cameron thing...you made my day...I am thinking I am being too nice and I should fight more.....But am letting God do my battles[/quote]

only God can help us with the UKBA guys. Just like you I am leaving it all to God now. It is well with us all.[/quote]

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Well I got my solicitor to write to HO for me, I know its probably in vain, but couldnt just sit and wait and do nothing any longer lol.

He basically said that the above named is a client of mine and she is now waiting for 5 months for your response to her representation.

The time is of essence as the case involves a minor child and you have a duty under section 55 of UK Border, Citizenships and Immigration Act 2009 to make welfare of a child primary consideration.

Oh God I really feel my wait hasnt even started yet! Im sure when HO eventually get back to me they ll just tell me to go and make a 'proper' paid application!! Which means another 6 months+ waiting time!

I cant imagine HO can give me a visa to stay here just like that-without any application fee etc.... Awwwh
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Hello guys, I contacted my MP for my FLR(O) application. ( Got his acknowledgement letter) but have not heard anything from him again for more than three weeks. I also sent an email to him twice, once to inform him I would like to contact ombusdma, but no response. I sent in my application sine July 2012, Done biometric February 12, 2013. I am 'dying' here because I lost my good job because of the UKBA mistake they made on my previous application by sending their decision of refusal to an address I never gave them, for eight months I was working without knowing I have become an overstayer through no fault of my own. My employer contacted them later behind my back, and that was when I found out about thier decision. Now I reapply now on flr(o) and they are still doing this to me. Please what do you guys advise I should do? Some of you guys know my story. I don't think this country should treat peoplee like this, I even served in the British Territorial Army for Three years, though I didn't go to war.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:26 pm

@socrates i think you need to meet yr mp one on one @his/her surgery...check yr local mp surgery times and see him ..also u can email d complain dept of HO and take it up frm there

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:32 pm

"yummymummy3j"]@socrates i think you need to meet yr mp one on one @his/her surgery...check yr local mp surgery times and see him ..also u can email d complain dept of HO and take it up frm there

@Yummymummy3, thanks. I think that's a fantastic idea and I will do just that. God bless

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:51 pm

@socrates My heart goes out to you, this is a dreadful position to be in after serving 3 years in a British Army! Just keep your head up! Im sure you got glowing character references from the army! So its clear that you are very much of an asset to this country and overstayed through no fault of your own. Fingers crossed your MP and Ombudsman will be able to get HO to see sense!

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:59 pm

verbina wrote:@socrates My heart goes out to you, this is a dreadful position to be in after serving 3 years in a British Army! Just keep your head up! Im sure you got glowing character references from the army! So its clear that you are very much of an asset to this country and overstayed through no fault of your own. Fingers crossed your MP and Ombudsman will be able to get HO to see sense!
@Verbina, thanks for your kind words. Yes I got a character reference from my old Army Regiment, Hopefully I am hoping for the best, it's just that it is hard to concentrate on anything else. @ Yummymummy, I think I better walk into the MP's office to book an appointment to see him on his surgery days. Thanks to you both I wish you all the best too

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:05 pm

@ socrates u dont hv to go to his office to book an appt.... they normally hv an open surgery u dont need appt 4 that its a first come first serve policy... google search 4 my local mp in yr area they normally post their next open surgery date , time and venue online. or u can call their secretary to find out wen d next open surgery is..... if u want to book an appt , it might take longer and its always full....i saw my mp 2 saturdays ago ,he ws havin an open surgery at my local asda store and i ws able to discuss my issue with him ... and like verbina said yr 3 yr service in british army will count in yr favour.good luck dear

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:19 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@ socrates u dont hv to go to his office to book an appt.... they normally hv an open surgery u dont need appt 4 that its a first come first serve policy... google search 4 my local mp in yr area they normally post their next open surgery date , time and venue online. or u can call their secretary to find out wen d next open surgery is..... if u want to book an appt , it might take longer and its always full....i saw my mp 2 saturdays ago ,he ws havin an open surgery at my local asda store and i ws able to discuss my issue with him ... and like verbina said yr 3 yr service in british army will count in yr favour.good luck dear
Yep Im sure MP open surgery operates like a walk in clinic -first come first served! so no need to make an appointment babe, just go there in person! Good luck!

socrates

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 pm

verbina wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@ socrates u dont hv to go to his office to book an appt.... they normally hv an open surgery u dont need appt 4 that its a first come first serve policy... google search 4 my local mp in yr area they normally post their next open surgery date , time and venue online. or u can call their secretary to find out wen d next open surgery is..... if u want to book an appt , it might take longer and its always full....i saw my mp 2 saturdays ago ,he ws havin an open surgery at my local asda store and i ws able to discuss my issue with him ... and like verbina said yr 3 yr service in british army will count in yr favour.good luck dear
Yep Im sure MP open surgery operates like a walk in clinic -first come first served! so no need to make an appointment babe, just go there in person! Good luck!

@ Yummymummy and Vervina, Thanks a lot for your support and advice

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:38 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@crystal i know few pple who got granted based on the seven yr rule..they r not on this forum tho...it is well yr good news is comin
Thanks @yummymummy3j.....I am waiting for that good news...

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

july

Post by grenadagirl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Really hoping something good happens this month, I'm only 24 with a child and I really need to work.... been home for 2 years looking after my daughter. I been in the UK for 15 years now. I think my application will be refused because I overstayed...but it wasn't my choice.. Really don't know what to expect when or if that ukba letter comes.

socrates

Re: july

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:48 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Really hoping something good happens this month, I'm only 24 with a child and I really need to work.... been home for 2 years looking after my daughter. I been in the UK for 15 years now. I think my application will be refused because I overstayed...but it wasn't my choice.. Really don't know what to expect when or if that ukba letter comes.
@ grenadagirl, you just have to be hopefu and positivel. Don't set your mind on failure. Your length of stay is a big advantage to you, if you can prove it. Goodluck

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:08 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Really hoping something good happens this month, I'm only 24 with a child and I really need to work.... been home for 2 years looking after my daughter. I been in the UK for 15 years now. I think my application will be refused because I overstayed...but it wasn't my choice.. Really don't know what to expect when or if that ukba letter comes.
Hi Grenadagirl. You case is strong. you came as a minor. Is ur child british. As long as you have send ur school details, and letters of what you have been doing in the past 15yrs then you will be fine. yOU SHOULD HAVE APPLIED FOR ilr under 14yrs rule last year and not flro. Anyways it doesnt matter now.
Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37 pm

This forum has recently been busy with new comers, I wish them all welcome. Also with good and positive conversations. We are all in the same boat!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:54 pm

GodGives wrote:
Hi Grenadagirl. You case is strong. you came as a minor. Is ur child british. As long as you have send ur school details, and letters of what you have been doing in the past 15yrs then you will be fine. yOU SHOULD HAVE APPLIED FOR ilr under 14yrs rule last year and not flro. Anyways it doesnt matter now.
Agree with @GodGives you got a strong case babe! Just hang in there!