ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA family member( Permanent residence ) need advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Non EEA family member( Permanent residence ) need advice

Post by manikgupta007 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:51 am

I want to know about Permanent Residence .

I been with my wife from 2 years and been married from 1 yr 6 month . My wife is an EU national , she been here from 5 years , she got Permanent residency Card.

My question is , If my wife got permanent residence card , how long after I can apply permanent residence card

I got EEA2 residence card from 1 year until 2017...

Advice me plz....
if someone had a same situation write me what to do

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Until you complete five years as a family member of an EEA national.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:54 pm

The only advantage that you have in your wife holding permanent residence is that she does not have to do anything special in terms of treaty rights.

You need to live in the UK with her for five years before acquiring PR.

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Post by manikgupta007 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

thanks guys for your advice ...but if in between 5 years if anything goes wrong between us , will be any advantage my wife holding permanent residence card .
She soon applying for british citizenship .. will be any advantage on my stay

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:34 pm

No, not really. The only think I can think of is that with PR, your wife does not need to demonstrate that she is a worker, etc.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:54 pm

manikgupta007 wrote:She soon applying for british citizenship .. will be any advantage on my stay
On the contrary, it might complicate things.

Will she maintain her current EEA nationality (not all EU countries allow dual citizenship). If not, it might cause issues for you. Also, by becoming British, she will not be able to use the EEA route in future so if for some reason you leave the UK for more than 6 months, you might not be able to use the EEA route any more.

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Post by manikgupta007 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:53 am

Jambo wrote:
manikgupta007 wrote:She soon applying for british citizenship .. will be any advantage on my stay
On the contrary, it might complicate things.

Will she maintain her current EEA nationality (not all EU countries allow dual citizenship). If not, it might cause issues for you. Also, by becoming British, she will not be able to use the EEA route in future so if for some reason you leave the UK for more than 6 months, you might not be able to use the EEA route any more.

thanks Jambo for your concern , As you said about dual nationality ,but my wife can hold two nationalities because she is from Poland .

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Post by manikgupta007 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:55 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:No, not really. The only think I can think of is that with PR, your wife does not need to demonstrate that she is a worker, etc.

Even though , this is a good advantage as well , don't need to prove any treaty right .. is it both for us ,or jst for her