ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (O) Form Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ca4fil

ILR Set (O) Form Query

Post by ca4fil » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can you help for the following question please?

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This
refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning
of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I entered UK back in July 2004 as student, and switched to Tier 1 (General) in Aug 2008. So which date i need to use in please? Thank you.

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Post by mazzini_ja » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi ca4fil,

I am in the same situation as you and was concerned about the phrasing of this question. However, after consulting with a few friends who got their ILR and were in the same boat as me, it is understood that this refers to the date on which the ILR application is based. So in your case, if you were already in the UK on a student visa before your WP was granted, then you should enter the date on which you last entered the UK on the student visa.

Eg: If your WP was granted on 1 September 2008 but you traveled back to the UK on 1 August 2008 on your student visa, then you should enter 1st August as the date of first entry on which this application is based.

Hope this helps.

Read the question again, carefully.

Cheers.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 pm

very good question, would like to know the answer.

mazzini_ja thanks for your input but its not very clear what you wanted to say.

ca4fil: which route are you planning to apply under? Tier 1 i suppose?

ca4fil

Post by ca4fil » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Sahib,

Yes i am going to apply under Tier 1 (General).

I am sorry i couldn't understand the mazzini_ja's answer. Can anyone shed more light please? Thank you.

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:23 am

My case is also similar to what ca4fil has mentioned I.e entered UK as a student in April 2004 and switched into Tier-1 General in the month of August 2008.

I got the HSMP approval letter in April 2008 and visa was stamped in August 2008.

There is a question in the ILR form SET-O which is 7.11 and it asks "How long have you lived in the UK?"

Can anyone of tell me that the answer to this question is based on the Tier-1 granted in 2008 or I need to calculate from 2004 when I first entered UK as a student ?

Thanks.

REDBULL110

newbie_2013

Re: ILR Set (O) Form Query

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:30 am

ca4fil wrote:Hi Everyone,

Can you help for the following question please?

I entered UK back in July 2004 as student, and switched to Tier 1 (General) in Aug 2008. So which date i need to use in please? Thank you.
The application specifically asks when was the first time you've entered the UK with a visa that is relevant to your ILR application.

So it's pretty straightforward, you have to mention the date you entered the UK with your first ever Tier 1 or work permit or any other visa category that your are claiming your ILR for. Previous entries and visas like student, IGS, post study entries doesn't matter for ILR application.
If you got the Tier 1 from within the UK, then you just have to mention that you got your visa on a specific date and you've been in the UK before that.