ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

papamomo
Newly Registered

Granted!!!!

Post by papamomo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Alhamdullilah!!!!

I just found out a package is on it's way I have been granted 2.5 years!! I'm still in shock..Thanking Allah..still..It's been 13 long years of heartache and pain..
I overstayed after my student visa was it refused in 2004..I was still at Uni..felt completely helpless.. got married then had a little girl ..appplied under EX1..
Thank you all ..for the support on this forum ...

verbina
Russia

Re: Granted!!!!

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:27 pm

papamomo wrote:Alhamdullilah!!!!

I just found out a package is on it's way I have been granted 2.5 years!! I'm still in shock..Thanking Allah..still..It's been 13 long years of heartache and pain..
I overstayed after my student visa was it refused in 2004..I was still at Uni..felt completely helpless.. got married then had a little girl ..appplied under EX1..
WHOOP WHOOP!!!!! Soooo Happy for you and your family!!!! Well deserved!! Enjoy your freedom! All the best!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:29 pm

hi @papamomo congratulation, enjoy your freedom what a great news!!!! Visa is raining owo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! july month will be the visa month of the year.............

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:hi @papamomo congratulation, enjoy your freedom what a great news!!!! Visa is raining owo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! july month will be the visa month of the year.............
Haha yep!! Looks like its proper raining visas on this forum!! Brilliant start to July! Cant wait for more good news!!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:21 pm

congratulations papamomo
Godgives

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:31 pm

@papa congrat am soo hapi 4 you .......enjy d rest of d summer

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:05 pm

Congrats.....can you plz share ur timeline

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Congrats and enjoy your victory!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Thanks yummymummy3j so the defintley applied after 9th july under 7 year child rules. God bless all.
Hi Everybody

I am watching this forum few days. Few of them have similar situation like me.
I applied FLR(O) under 7 yrs child rule. Time line are

Application submit Dec2012
Ack. rece. Dec 2012
Bio Done March 2013
Decision. Waiting.

Hope everybody in this forum have good day in near future.
Welcome to the forum Shareen24h...i have a similar application to yours with close timelines....i applied in early Nov 2012, bio done 20th March...still waiting......trying to be patient....all the best to you... :) :)
Thank you CrystalNewbie and all others for welcoming.
I hope everybody have healthy and big smile in our face by this month.
Congrat. to those who ever geting status.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Congratulations, have a stress free sleep tonight :D.

Al Haqq

Re: july

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:01 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Really hoping something good happens this month, I'm only 24 with a child and I really need to work.... been home for 2 years looking after my daughter. I been in the UK for 15 years now. I think my application will be refused because I overstayed...but it wasn't my choice.. Really don't know what to expect when or if that ukba letter comes.
Positive thinking girl, positive thinking very very crucial.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Congrats to you. Enjoy the freedom. It is indeed raining visas and everyone on this forum will be granted!!!!!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: july

Post by Time503 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Al Haqq wrote:
grenadagirl wrote:Really hoping something good happens this month, I'm only 24 with a child and I really need to work.... been home for 2 years looking after my daughter. I been in the UK for 15 years now. I think my application will be refused because I overstayed...but it wasn't my choice.. Really don't know what to expect when or if that ukba letter comes.
Positive thinking girl, positive thinking very very crucial.
You are right Al Hagg, positive thinking is very important in situations like this.
@ Grenadagirl, you have a good case. Try and remain positive it will end well for you :)

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

Post by grenadagirl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:30 pm

@Godgives, my solicitor said it had to be exactly 14 years, at the time I was a month short of 14 years because the rules were changing he wanted me to get my application sent in, and thanks for the kind words guys, I'm just worried because the ukba are being assholes right now.

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 pm

[quote="papamomo"]Alhamdullilah!!!!

Thank you all ..for the support on this forum ...[/quote

Does the visa let you claim benefits because I heard its now no recourse to public funds. Is that true

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:42 pm

maud32 wrote:

Does the visa let you claim benefits because I heard its now no recourse to public funds. Is that true

Does the visa let you claim benefits because I heard its now no recourse to public funds. Is that true[/quote

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:02 am

So far, July seems to be the month of harvest...

princenb
Newly Registered

REMARKS - NO PUBLIC FUNDS

Post by princenb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:52 am

egoneo wrote:
Why lie wrote:So how comes does granted 3 years discretionary leave are entitled to public funds but not those granted 2 and half years (30 months) . can u please explain ? Thank you .
automatic public funds is granted to those on discretionary leave. The rules changed in 2012 so the discretionary leave option is not available to those anymore unless you are extending
My wife got her discretionary leave just this month and on remarks it states no public funds however can I still apply for housing benefit?
Thank you

princenb
Newly Registered

Post by princenb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:55 am

maud32 wrote:
maud32 wrote:

Does the visa let you claim benefits because I heard its now no recourse to public funds. Is that true[/quote
Mabrook seems July is the month and Allah is the granter.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:51 am

grenadagirl wrote:@Godgives, my solicitor said it had to be exactly 14 years, at the time I was a month short of 14 years because the rules were changing he wanted me to get my application sent in, and thanks for the kind words guys, I'm just worried because the ukba are being assholes right now.
I read on this same board where people were granted ilr even though they fell short with some days. You need up check it out. I believe it's the 14 yrs forum. If you read through you will discover that some got granted regardless. Just be resilient and refuse to give up.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:27 am

maud32 wrote:
maud32 wrote:

Urrrm Im pretty positive its no recourse to public funds luv

Mani jan
Newly Registered

Post by Mani jan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:51 am

Congratulation for your deserving success. Don't forget to thx Allah who blessed you, enjoy your freedom. Remind me in your prayer

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:29 am

Mani jan wrote:

Congratulation for your deserving success. Don't forget to thx Allah who blessed you, enjoy your freedom. Remind me in your prayer
Congratulations...enjoy your freedom and all the best for the future for you and family...Glory to God

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:33 am

verbina wrote:
maud32 wrote:
maud32 wrote:

Congratulations. Does it matter if you are not able to claim benefits? To me it does not matter, as long as I can go back to work, and be able to move freely. Goodluck to everyone still waiting

Urrrm Im pretty positive its no recourse to public funds luv

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:40 am

Congratulations Papa,But does it matter if you are not able to claim benefits or not? To me it does not matter, as long as I can go back to work, and be able to move freely. Goodluck to everyone still waiting.