ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Naturalisation applications - various questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lclabre
Newly Registered

ILR and Naturalisation applications - various questions

Post by lclabre » Thu May 03, 2007 11:04 pm

I'm starting to get my head around the ILR and naturalisation application processes and would be grateful if anyone can answer the following questions:

1. Life in the UK test/handbook - is there any difference between revising the first or second edition of the book? Will the choice of which edition to study have an impact on the ease of the revision process/chances of passing the test?

2. Do I understand correctly that the ILR application only requires one to list absences of more than 3 months from the UK whereas the Naturalisation application requires one to list ALL absences, no matter how short, for the past 5 years?

3. I read in another posting that discretion can be used to approve naturalisation applications wherein the ILR was obtained less than 12 months before the application. What increases the chances of approval?

Thanks!
lclabre