ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC refusal to stamp statements : Is UKBA ok with it ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmcy
Newly Registered

HSBC refusal to stamp statements : Is UKBA ok with it ?

Post by mmcy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:40 am

Hello everybody,
As I read it in previous posts, I'm not the only one complaining about HSBC not stamping its bank statements.
As a holder of a portfolio in this bank, as well as a Tier1 investor visa, this makes me quite nervous as the report must be stamped by the bank as per UKBA request.
What is it to do ?
Thank you :-)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:26 am

Change bank? The bank is a service provider, or is meant to be, and if it will not provide the service you want, well change to a bank that will provide what you want.
John

mmcy
Newly Registered

Post by mmcy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:46 am

John wrote:Change bank? The bank is a service provider, or is meant to be, and if it will not provide the service you want, well change to a bank that will provide what you want.
Thank you John for your answer.
As the portfolio is 100% UK guilts, once the tranfer to another bank is done, how to inclued in the portfolio report the period when the guilts where held at HSBC, at the time of my visa extention?

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:36 am

I went through the same experience. There was a young girl at the reception who made sure I wasn't seen by any of the banking officers. I got pissed off and thought there was no way out of this.

But there are two ways this can be done.

1. Visit a branch that is close to the UKBA offices. They understand what we want and hence usually stamp the statements for us.

2. What I personally did was I called up HSBC Cust service and ordered a letter from the bank that confirms that I had the amount in my account for the said period.

I wanted one of the above. SInce I could get the letter from them, didnt bother about the seal.

But on the judgement day, everything went on like a breeze and there weren't many questions that were raised. All the best.

mmcy
Newly Registered

Post by mmcy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:34 am

megatop wrote:I went through the same experience. There was a young girl at the reception who made sure I wasn't seen by any of the banking officers. I got pissed off and thought there was no way out of this.

But there are two ways this can be done.

1. Visit a branch that is close to the UKBA offices. They understand what we want and hence usually stamp the statements for us.

2. What I personally did was I called up HSBC Cust service and ordered a letter from the bank that confirms that I had the amount in my account for the said period.

I wanted one of the above. SInce I could get the letter from them, didnt bother about the seal.

But on the judgement day, everything went on like a breeze and there weren't many questions that were raised. All the best.
Thank you for your answer, megatop.
I hope I could change to another bank and have a better treatment. After all, a client asking for a statement to be stamped is not such a big deal. I don't understand why they are making the client go thru this kind of stress ! Really I don't !

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Is it an original statement? If so, you don't need it stamped.

(At least, those were the rules last time I checked.)

mmcy
Newly Registered

Post by mmcy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:43 pm

goldfish wrote:Is it an original statement? If so, you don't need it stamped.

(At least, those were the rules last time I checked.)
It seems that it could be accepted but there's a chance that it would be refused as well.
I read on another source of information that if you order the statements by mail, there will be your name on it. Note that you have to count 5 business days before you receive it.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Not sure where you got this source of information.

HSBC original statements (on their letterhead) works fine. I have got my extension done and my spouse's visa processed using HSBC original statements (from branch as well as via duplicate statement).

I didn't have any stamps on it.

Cheers,
Manish

mmcy
Newly Registered

Post by mmcy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:09 am

t1s2010 wrote:Not sure where you got this source of information.

HSBC original statements (on their letterhead) works fine. I have got my extension done and my spouse's visa processed using HSBC original statements (from branch as well as via duplicate statement).

I didn't have any stamps on it.

Cheers,
Manish
I meant another forum.
Thanks everyone ! Your answers helped me cool it down as on UKBA 's website, they are very clear about the stamps, yet it looks unnecessary in this case .
Maybe they will make sure it's authentique, wether it is stamped or not.
Have a nice week-end !

dil_lips18
Newly Registered

Post by dil_lips18 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:48 pm

I had the same problem last time so moved to Santander bank for this extension. They do stamp and give paper statements.

mmcy
Newly Registered

Post by mmcy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:02 am

dil_lips18 wrote:I had the same problem last time so moved to Santander bank for this extension. They do stamp and give paper statements.
Thank you for your answer dil_lips18.
Was it a partcular branch in London ?
Did they produce for you an investment portfolio or give you a supporting letter or they just stamp their statements "certified as correct..."?

The investor visa extention requires that the investement portfolio cover the 3 years period. How did you manage to include in the report to the UKBA the time of that period when the funds where held at Hsbc ?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 am

Just use original statements. I have renewed using original statements and I know of several others who have done the same thing. There is absolutely no issue with using original statements.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

mmcy
Newly Registered

Post by mmcy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:32 am

mulderpf wrote:Just use original statements. I have renewed using original statements and I know of several others who have done the same thing. There is absolutely no issue with using original statements.
How about what is written here ?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... t/#header2

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:47 am

Hey mmcy,

This is a Tier1(g) forum and you have provider T1(investor) link so if you have question for investor, this forum is not the right place.

In addition, many of members have confirmed that original statements work. I am unsure what exactly you are looking for.

I would advice you to read other posts on same subject.
You should better talk to UKBA directly if your question is too specific.

mmcy
Newly Registered

Post by mmcy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:29 pm

t1s2010 wrote:Hey mmcy,

This is a Tier1(g) forum and you have provider T1(investor) link so if you have question for investor, this forum is not the right place.

In addition, many of members have confirmed that original statements work. I am unsure what exactly you are looking for.

I would advice you to read other posts on same subject.
You should better talk to UKBA directly if your question is too specific.
Ok thx t1s2010

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:21 pm

mmcy wrote:
mulderpf wrote:Just use original statements. I have renewed using original statements and I know of several others who have done the same thing. There is absolutely no issue with using original statements.

The link you provided don't even talk about bank statement - it refers to an investment portfolio which is something entirely different.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

mmcy
Newly Registered

Post by mmcy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:26 am

mulderpf wrote:
mmcy wrote:

The link you provided don't even talk about bank statement - it refers to an investment portfolio which is something entirely different.
This the bank won't provide neither.:-(
But it was stated on the website that the statement should be certified as authentique.
This is the reason Why I'm worried.

(To the administrators : I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong page: can you move the message to the right one ? Thank you)

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:29 am

Original bank statements are fine; they don't need a stamp.

The stamp is necessary where the document is not an original e.g. a printout from online banking. The stamp confirms the document is genuine.

For those reading this forum who have some time before their application, perhaps make sure your bank account provides hardcopy statements and make sure you are receiving them (i.e. you haven't selected the "paperless banking")...

mmcy
Newly Registered

Post by mmcy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:53 pm

goldfish wrote:Original bank statements are fine; they don't need a stamp.

The stamp is necessary where the document is not an original e.g. a printout from online banking. The stamp confirms the document is genuine.

For those reading this forum who have some time before their application, perhaps make sure your bank account provides hardcopy statements and make sure you are receiving them (i.e. you haven't selected the "paperless banking")...
Great ! Thank you : )