ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Re: Granted!!!!

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:55 am

socrates wrote:Congratulations Papa,But does it matter if you are not able to claim benefits or not? To me it does not matter, as long as I can go back to work, and be able to move freely. Goodluck to everyone still waiting.
Well said!!! No disrespect to those relying on benefits, but its not in my nature. I was brought up to work hard and only rely on myself financially. So all i need is permission to work and to travel -then there s no stopping me!! Lol
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:15 am

@papa congrats hun :). Hoping the post man have somthing for me this morning... Isit first or second class post they send back documents?

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:21 am

sanny26 wrote:@papa congrats hun :). Hoping the post man have somthing for me this morning... Isit first or second class post they send back documents?
@ Sanni, It's usually by recorded delivery, I personally enclosedand paid for a self addressed Royal mail bag. Goodluck to you this morning. The post man has delivered my other mails this morning. Another disapointing week, but I keep looking unto God and hoping for the best.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:27 am

socrates wrote:
sanny26 wrote:@papa congrats hun :). Hoping the post man have somthing for me this morning... Isit first or second class post they send back documents?
@ Sanni, It's usually by recorded delivery, I personally enclosedand paid for a self addressed Royal mail bag. Goodluck to you this morning. The post man has delivered my other mails this morning. Another disapointing week, but I keep looking unto God and hoping for the best.
Thanx for your reply. Hun remember you have 2 more postal days left so anything is possible. My postman delivers so late,sometimes at nights he's dropping post through my letter box.. I feel so crazy today I felt like email DX courier and ask them if they received anyting from ukba for me. Lol sometimes u get the BRP before the documents arrive.

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:29 am

socrates wrote:
My Timeline:
Documents sent: July 2012
Ack letter recieved: 2nd August 2012
Biometric Done: 12th February 2013
Documents Returned: Still Waiting

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:43 am

H.O will always use the cheapest postage. That's why they keep losing people's documents.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:47 am

Chidy wrote:
H.O will always use the cheapest postage. That's why they keep losing people's documents.
The used FREEPOST stamp to send my friend's refusal letter , took bloody forever trust me lol

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:49 am

verbina wrote:
socrates wrote:Congratulations Papa,But does it matter if you are not able to claim benefits or not? To me it does not matter, as long as I can go back to work, and be able to move freely. Goodluck to everyone still waiting.
Well said!!! No disrespect to those relying on benefits, but its not in my nature. I was brought up to work hard and only rely on myself financially. So all i need is permission to work and to travel -then there s no stopping me!! Lol
Thank you Verbina, I agree with you. all i want to permission for work and travel. Even though if they say no recourse to public fund rest of life, I would`t mind.

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:52 am

socrates wrote:
I quite understand how you feel @Sanni. I just phoned my MP office now for an update, he sent a letter on my behalf to the UKBA for almost one month now, still no response from them yet. The MP secretary said it's usually between 4-5 weeks to get a response from them, I mentioned the Ombusdman to him but he advised I should wait another week for the UKBA to respond to the MP enquiry letter first. The whole process is really frustrating! May God help us

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:53 am

socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
My Timeline:
Documents sent: July 2012
Ack letter recieved: 2nd August 2012
Biometric Done: 12th February 2013
Documents Returned: Still Waiting

I reckon you will hear from them soon jus carry on keeping the faith.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 am

socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
I quite understand how you feel @Sanni. I just phoned my MP office now for an update, he sent a letter on my behalf to the UKBA for almost one month now, still no response from them yet. The MP secretary said it's usually between 4-5 weeks to get a response from them, I mentioned the Ombusdman to him but he advised I should wait another week for the UKBA to respond to the MP enquiry letter first. The whole process is really frustrating! May God help us
That's why I contacted ombudsman by myself because my mp didn't wana do it for me so I email the ombudsman a really heartfelt letter and it seems like it touches him lol he contacted homeoffice on that very same day on my behalf.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:02 pm

I have a feeling that I will be receiving good news anyday now, when I tink of it I did contact homeoffice on the 18th june and was told case is allocated to case worker and then on monday when ombudsman contact them they confirm that it is allocated to one for urgent consideration. Which I thought by now I should have gotten it since they states urgent consideration. Thought they would have taken just 1 day to consider it just like what they done in PE0 Lol

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:04 pm

shareen24h wrote:
verbina wrote:
Thank you Verbina, I agree with you. all i want to permission for work and travel. Even though if they say no recourse to public fund rest of life, I would`t mind.
Exactly! I mean I really do hate to sound judgemental etc and I do appreciate that everyone's personal circumstances are different. Nevertheless its commonly assumed that all of us migrant folk are after benefits, which of course isnt true at all, but still gives us a bad name like :)

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:20 pm

verbina wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
verbina wrote:
Exactly! I mean I really do hate to sound judgemental etc and I do appreciate that everyone's personal circumstances are different. Nevertheless its commonly assumed that all of us migrant folk are after benefits, which of course isnt true at all, but still gives us a bad name like :)
They were just discussing the idea of amnesty on Wright Stuff at around ten this morning...and most of the callers were not happy with these plans as they argued that those given amnesty will strain the benefit system and NHS...even when the presenter tried to tell them that many non EU migrants do not have legal rights to benefits ...many still believe we receive benefits......it is such a shame because most non EU immigrants do not claim benefits.....am even disgusted with the plans to charge us money for NHS...me and my husband have paid taxes since 2004, we pay council tax etc....I do not get the logic (but these ideas are driven by the belief that foreigners come here to claim benefits) of these plans unless we will be exempted from paying taxes?????

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:27 pm

sanny26 wrote:I have a feeling that I will be receiving good news anyday now, when I tink of it I did contact homeoffice on the 18th june and was told case is allocated to case worker and then on monday when ombudsman contact them they confirm that it is allocated to one for urgent consideration. Which I thought by now I should have gotten it since they states urgent consideration. Thought they would have taken just 1 day to consider it just like what they done in PE0 Lol
I think if they told the Ombudsman your case has been allocated for urgent consideration, then the pressure is on them. Give them another month and then contact the Ombudsman. At the point where it is, the H.O has to give you their decision, complex case or not. If they don't the Ombudsman will have to investigate their work and that's something H.O don't want to hear.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:34 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
verbina wrote:
They were just discussing the idea of amnesty on Wright Stuff at around ten this morning...and most of the callers were not happy with these plans as they argued that those given amnesty will strain the benefit system and NHS...even when the presenter tried to tell them that many non EU migrants do not have legal rights to benefits ...many still believe we receive benefits......it is such a shame because most non EU immigrants do not claim benefits.....am even disgusted with the plans to charge us money for NHS...me and my husband have paid taxes since 2004, we pay council tax etc....I do not get the logic (but these ideas are driven by the belief that foreigners come here to claim benefits) of these plans unless we will be exempted from paying taxes?????
No way they wanna charge Non-EU immigrants to use NHS?! I mean I thought that NHS services were no longer available to illegals (like myself), until they take steps to regularise their status.

Its abhorrent to deny those who are legal, working and paying taxes like yourself... Whats the world coming to?!

Essentially its the EU immigrants that the government should worry about, bearing in mind that the British dont get the same red carpet treatment in places like Spain for instance...

about2giveup
Newly Registered

Post by about2giveup » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:37 pm

I have been a silent member on this forum for a while now and I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone as it has kept me going these past few months. I just received a call from my solicitor that I have received my extension for DLR today.

Good luck to everyone on here and you shall all receive good news this month in Jesus name.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:39 pm

about2giveup wrote:I have been a silent member on this forum for a while now and I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone as it has kept me going these past few months. I just received a call from my solicitor that I have received my extension for DLR today.

Good luck to everyone on here and you shall all receive good news this month in Jesus name.
congratulations...can you give us your timeline and what type of application you made...cheers

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:43 pm

about2giveup wrote:I have been a silent member on this forum for a while now and I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone as it has kept me going these past few months. I just received a call from my solicitor that I have received my extension for DLR today.

Heyyy!!!! Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your freedom!!!! :D :D :D

about2giveup
Newly Registered

Post by about2giveup » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:45 pm

It was an extension under the old rules for Discretionary Leave to remain under Article 8, I came here as a minor age 11 with all my family and have now been here 17 years. I received my 1st DLR in January 2010. I have no British kids or partner.

Date of Application 22 December 2012
Date of Biometrics 6 March 2013
Application Determined 3 July 2013 (3years granted)

I am still in shock and won't believe it till I pick up the documents from my lawyer. Good luck again to everyone else!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Whoa!!! Lets hope it continues this way! Every day brings good news to this forum!! Hip hip Hooray!!

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:49 pm

about2giveup wrote:It was an extension under the old rules for Discretionary Leave to remain under Article 8, I came here as a minor age 11 with all my family and have now been here 17 years. I received my 1st DLR in January 2010. I have no British kids or partner.

Date of Application 22 December 2012
Date of Biometrics 6 March 2013
Application Determined 3 July 2013 (3years granted)

I am still in shock and won't believe it till I pick up the documents from my lawyer. Good luck again to everyone else!
great news...am happy for you and wish you all the best for the future....

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Chidy wrote:
sanny26 wrote:I have a feeling that I will be receiving good news anyday now, when I tink of it I did contact homeoffice on the 18th june and was told case is allocated to case worker and then on monday when ombudsman contact them they confirm that it is allocated to one for urgent consideration. Which I thought by now I should have gotten it since they states urgent consideration. Thought they would have taken just 1 day to consider it just like what they done in PE0 Lol
I think if they told the Ombudsman your case has been allocated for urgent consideration, then the pressure is on them. Give them another month and then contact the Ombudsman. At the point where it is, the H.O has to give you their decision, complex case or not. If they don't the Ombudsman will have to investigate their work and that's something H.O don't want to hear.
Hpe I don't have to wait another month,hoping by now and next week I will received it.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:55 pm

OMG!!!! :shock:
I just googled my MP as after 31st of July Ill be past my 6 months mark, so I wanted to find out about my local MP (as I only just moved here from London), anyways it turns out my MP is a Parliamentary Private Secretary to Theresa May!!!! :shock:
Thats too scary and too weird!!!!! Trust my luck to move to his constituency of all the others lol

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Congrats hun.