ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few questions about the form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toufik7
Newly Registered

A few questions about the form

Post by toufik7 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi All,

I'm going through the application form and would appreciate your input and guidance.

My details are as follow:
Arrived in the UK in Sept 1998 - as dependent of diplomat
Aug 2007 - switched to HSMP (had to go back to my country for Entry Clearance) then Tier 1
17th July 2012 - received ILR

The points I'm seeking clarificiations:

1/ The form asks for my residential address, but there's no section if I want to use my work address as correspondence. Am I correct?

2/ Page 7 asks for the date and place I first arrived in the UK, I was going to put down SEPT 1998, but it says "with a view to stay permanently" so maybe it should be AUG 2007?

3/ I've been away for 124 days in the 12 months after being granted ILR. Am I right in that I have to fill out 6.7 "which requirements do you fail to meet and what are the special circumstances"?
I have a total absences of 304 over the 5 years.

4/ I understand it's no longer a requirement anymore to be present in the UK when the HO receives the application. If I use NCS, I can fly out the next day for couple of weeks holiday?

Many thanks in advance, I'm grateful for everyone's help.

barker

Re: A few questions about the form

Post by barker » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:09 pm

toufik7 wrote:Hi All,

I'm going through the application form and would appreciate your input and guidance.

My details are as follow:
Arrived in the UK in Sept 1998 - as dependent of diplomat
Aug 2007 - switched to HSMP (had to go back to my country for Entry Clearance) then Tier 1
17th July 2012 - received ILR

The points I'm seeking clarificiations:

1/ The form asks for my residential address, but there's no section if I want to use my work address as correspondence. Am I correct?
They will only correspond to your residential address for security

2/ Page 7 asks for the date and place I first arrived in the UK, I was going to put down SEPT 1998, but it says "with a view to stay permanently" so maybe it should be AUG 2007?
August 2007

3/ I've been away for 124 days in the 12 months after being granted ILR. Am I right in that I have to fill out 6.7 "which requirements do you fail to meet and what are the special circumstances"?
I have a total absences of 304 over the 5 years.
Yes, you will need to explain why the excess absence should be disregarded in your case

4/ I understand it's no longer a requirement anymore to be present in the UK when the HO receives the application. If I use NCS, I can fly out the next day for couple of weeks holiday?
That is correct. But as you have exceeded the allowed absences in the last 12 months, they might want to get in touch with you for additional information / documentation perhaps.

Many thanks in advance, I'm grateful for everyone's help.