ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:59 pm

about2giveup wrote:It was an extension under the old rules for Discretionary Leave to remain under Article 8, I came here as a minor age 11 with all my family and have now been here 17 years. I received my 1st DLR in January 2010. I have no British kids or partner.

Date of Application 22 December 2012
Date of Biometrics 6 March 2013
Application Determined 3 July 2013 (3years granted)

I am still in shock and won't believe it till I pick up the documents from my lawyer. Good luck again to everyone else!
My timeline is similar to yours done my bio 1st march hoping I'm next inline. Congrats once more. :) I feel so happy visa coming true woohoooo lol

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:07 pm

[quote="about2giveup"]I have been a silent member on this forum for a while now and I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone as it has kept me going these past few months. I just received a call from my solicitor that I have received my extension for DLR today.

Good luck to everyone on here and you shall all receive good news this month in Jesus name.[/quote

Congratulation !

Enjoy and find a sweet partner.

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:15 pm

sanny26 wrote:
socrates wrote:
socrates wrote:
sanny26 wrote:@papa congrats hun :). Hoping the post man have somthing for me this morning... Isit first or second class post they send back documents?
@ Sanni, It's usually by recorded delivery, I personally enclosedand paid for a self addressed Royal mail bag. Goodluck to you this morning. The post man has delivered my other mails this morning. Another disapointing week, but I keep looking unto God and hoping for the best.

I quite understand how you feel @Sanni. I just phoned my MP office now for an update, he sent a letter on my behalf to the UKBA for almost one month now, still no response from them yet. The MP secretary said it's usually between 4-5 weeks to get a response from them, I mentioned the Ombusdman to him but he advised I should wait another week for the UKBA to respond to the MP enquiry letter first. The whole process is really frustrating! May God help us
That's why I contacted ombudsman by myself because my mp didn't wana do it for me so I email the ombudsman a really heartfelt letter and it seems like it touches him lol he contacted homeoffice on that very same day on my behalf.
@Sanni , can you please forward the ombudsman email you usedl. Thanks

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:18 pm

@Sanni, can you please forward the ombudsman email . Thanks

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:24 pm

socrates wrote:@Sanni, can you please forward the ombudsman email . Thanks
Phso.enquires@ombudsman.org.uk

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:26 pm

about2giveup wrote:It was an extension under the old rules for Discretionary Leave to remain under Article 8, I came here as a minor age 11 with all my family and have now been here 17 years. I received my 1st DLR in January 2010. I have no British kids or partner.

Date of Application 22 December 2012
Date of Biometrics 6 March 2013
Application Determined 3 July 2013 (3years granted)

I am still in shock and won't believe it till I pick up the documents from my lawyer. Good luck again to everyone else!
Congrats and enjoy your freedom!

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:35 pm

sanny26 wrote:
socrates wrote:@Sanni, can you please forward the ombudsman email . Thanks
Phso.enquires@ombudsman.org.uk
Thanks @ Sanni. Would email them now

papamomo
Newly Registered

Thanks u ALL

Post by papamomo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks for all the messages.. i'm overwhelmed by your kindness...This forrum has been very helpful for me...I pray that you all get granted InshAllah.. I feel the need to open up somehow now and talk about it now that i have slept and not feel that pinch in my heart...

There is an opinion in the general public that illegals don't contribute but of course it's wrong they work hard and sometimes they are exploited. I personally could have had a big career in my field but i felt the need to lay low because of my situation.. Not having status did not stop me from working for the biggest companies here in the UK earning quite a lot Alhamdulillah.. I have always said man kind don't know what they ve got unil it's taken from them. People who have status don't do much with it.. they take it for granted.
For all you out there in the closet your time will come don't despair..
Please have hope in the One who created us all..

Thanks for reading my very long rant..

11akb

Re: Thanks u ALL

Post by 11akb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:34 pm

papamomo wrote:Thanks for all the messages.. i'm overwhelmed by your kindness...This forrum has been very helpful for me...I pray that you all get granted InshAllah.. I feel the need to open up somehow now and talk about it now that i have slept and not feel that pinch in my heart...

There is an opinion in the general public that illegals don't contribute but of course it's wrong they work hard and sometimes they are exploited. I personally could have had a big career in my field but i felt the need to lay low because of my situation.. Not having status did not stop me from working for the biggest companies here in the UK earning quite a lot Alhamdulillah.. I have always said man kind don't know what they ve got unil it's taken from them. People who have status don't do much with it.. they take it for granted.

well said

KFM
Newly Registered

15months Plus

Post by KFM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Not sure if there are still people out there whose application is over 15 months. My partner's application which was sent in March 2012 finally got the approval today after we sent a complaint about how long the application has taken. We didnt hear for HO after the Biometric was done in April 2012 until i asked our solicitor to send a formal complaint which was sent on 6th June 13. Acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint was sent by HO on 19th June 13 and response to the complaint recieved Monday 1st July. Our solicitor phoned this morning that application has been granted.

Very frustrating though but you just have to keep waiting and praying.
All the best to those who are still waiting.

papamomo
Newly Registered

Someone asked for my timeline

Post by papamomo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Here is my time line:
Application sent : 15 th march 2013
Acknowledment received:/?? Lawyer knows
Biometrics : Dated 28thMarch Received 10th sent 11th
Request for further documents: 20th May Sent 23rd May I call them 2 weeks ago 21st june they had not received the documents they requested..
BRP and documents : 04 july 2013

SDP

Re: Thanks u ALL

Post by SDP » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:50 pm

papamomo wrote:Thanks for all the messages.. i'm overwhelmed by your kindness...This forrum has been very helpful for me...I pray that you all get granted InshAllah.. I feel the need to open up somehow now and talk about it now that i have slept and not feel that pinch in my heart...

Well said...I am in this country since 2001 ...till today I haven't claimed a single penny from the govt..though I had difficult financial situations at times but worked hard for 10hrs a day and supported myself for further studies, today I am in a situation I could earn £30k-35k but due to no valid visa sitting at home looking at my degree...so frustrating!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: 15months Plus

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 pm

KFM wrote:Not sure if there are still people out there whose application is over 15 months. My partner's application which was sent in March 2012 finally got the approval today after we sent a complaint about how long the application has taken. We didnt hear for HO after the Biometric was done in April 2012 until i asked our solicitor to send a formal complaint which was sent on 6th June 13. Acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint was sent by HO on 19th June 13 and response to the complaint recieved Monday 1st July. Our solicitor phoned this morning that application has been granted.

Hi KFM thanks for sharing your partners timeline is the same as mine. Please could you let me know how you went about the complaint. Thanks
Godgives

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:04 pm

KFM wrote:Not sure if there are still people out there whose application is over 15 months. My partner's application which was sent in March 2012 finally got the approval today after we sent a complaint about how long the application has taken. We didnt hear for HO after the Biometric was done in April 2012 until i asked our solicitor to send a formal complaint which was sent on 6th June 13. Acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint was sent by HO on 19th June 13 and response to the complaint recieved Monday 1st July. Our solicitor phoned this morning that application has been granted.

Congratulations to both of you!! All the best!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Congrats and enjoy your freedom!

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:14 pm

hi guys,
congrats to those who have been granted this week and hope we will continue to have good news in the following days usual.

yesterday i emailed my MP for the second time to assist with my pending application and here is the answer today

Thank you for your email. I was sorry to hear that you had still not heard from UKBA about your application under the Human Rights Act which you submitted in August last year.

I have already made enquiries with UKBA on your behalf about how your case is progressing.

I understand that your case is currently with a caseworker who is part of the Sheffield team. They have had your case since the 8th of February 2013, which ties in with when you were asked to submit biometric data.

Unfortunately, there is no timescale for when a decision will be made on your case and I am sorry to say that this is a problem with all similar cases.

Unless there is any urgent reason why you need to travel, such as a family member in another country being very seriously ill, UKBA are unable to prioritise your case. However, should such a situation arise you should inform UKBA as soon as possible, providing medical evidence.

I realise you will be disappointed with this response. However, I do hope you hear from UKBA soon.

Yours sincerely,

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:21 pm

looks like just a waste of time contacting MP. nothing works we just have to pray and wait.[/quote]
Last edited by summer2013 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:28 pm

summer2013 wrote:looks like just a waste of time contacting MP. nothing works we just have to pray and wait.
Not bloody helpful at all is it?! Really sorry babe! Very disappointing response :(

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:28 pm

hello summer2013 nothing we can do just need to wait..wait ............. god bless

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:33 pm

My partner made the application using our 2 kids who are British passport holders. I only send letter of support as advised by the solicitor so was not a party. The complaint was about how long it has taken for HO to deal with the application and that we want the kids passport back as they cannot go to any school trip outside because they have kept their passport for more than 15 months.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:37 pm

Big congrats to all those granted best of luck for d future...to all of us still waiting we will recieve our good news too

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:39 pm

KFM wrote:My partner made the application using our 2 kids who are British passport holders. I only send letter of support as advised by the solicitor so was not a party. The complaint was about how long it has taken for HO to deal with the application and that we want the kids passport back as they cannot go to any school trip outside because they have kept their passport for more than 15 months.
Ok congratuations to your partner
Godgives

Dusya
Newly Registered

visa refused

Post by Dusya » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi! We have been following the forum for a year now but never wrote anything, but today we really need somebody’s advice.

I am from Kazakhstan and I have been living in the UK for the past 9 years. At first I was staying here on various student visas, then I got Limited Leave to Remain as an extension to the previous student visa. Then I have got married to an EEA national in Kazakhstan and got Family Permit of an EEA national once came back to the UK. After 1 year of marriage we have separated and got a divorce due to domestic violence, drug abuse and cheating from my husband’s side. He destroyed my passport (cut out the page with valid visa in it) and it took me nearly a year to get a new passport and to prepare the documents for the Home Office with the help of the solicitors.
During that year I have met my current partner and we fell in love. He is also an EEA national who is exercising his EU treaty rights here as a migrant worker. We went into serious relationship and up until today we have been living together for two and a half years.
So 1 year ago I have sent my documents to the UK Border Agency with the application for Discretionary Leave to Remain (under article 8 of the Human Rights). In the supportive letter I have explained that UK became my home country during the past 9 years, that I have a partner with whom I have all the intentions to get married and have a family in the UK, that I am a Godmother of a British child with whom I am in a very close relationship and I would like to stay in the life of that little girl, and basically all my life is here in the UK. And if I would have to return back to Kazakhstan it would be a disaster for me because I have nothing waiting for me there, my mother passed away 4 years ago, my father remarried and we do not keep very much in touch because of that.
After waiting 1 year for the response of the Home Office and contacting my local MP twice I have received their response yesterday. My solicitors have contacted me saying that my application has been refused with no right to appeal.
They have sent the documents back to me yesterday so I am still waiting to see the refusal letter and what was the reason for the refusal. I am also not aware yet how much time they gave me to leave the country or proceed with another application, but as far as I know usually they give about 28 days.
I am asking for your advice on what I should do next. I must come up with a new plan very fast while I have legal permission to remain in the country (probably 28 days).
We think we have 3 options now:
Option A: Reconsideration Letter. Since the Home Office has refused the visa with no right to appeal we think that we still have a right to send a Reconsideration Letter. In the letter we would explain why we think we should not have been refused. Do you think it would be a good idea to go down this route?
Option B: EEA Family Permit. My partner and I have been living together for the past two and a half years and we can prove that our relationship is genuine. My partner is an EEA national who has been exercising his EU treaty rights in the UK for the past 5 years as a migrant worker. Since he is an EEA national he does not require to reach the £18,600 threshold to bring his family to the UK. The question is: can an unmarried partner of an EEA national apply for such visa?
Option C: Get married. My partner and I have all the intentions to get married as soon as we can (up until now I did not have my passport at hand to do so). Do you think we can do that while I do not really have a valid visa to stay in the country and my application has just been refused with no right to appeal? So can we get married during these 28 days and then quickly apply for the EEA Family Permit as a wife of the European citizen? Will Registration Office or Church of England consider marrying us?
Could you please advise what option would be the best and what we should do next.
Leaving the country and separate with my partner is not an option for me as we might end up being separated for a very long time. If you think I have other options then please let me know what they are.

Since I do not have much time to come up with a new plan I would very much appreciate your quick response. We are ready to fight for our right to be together no matter what it takes. Thank you in advance for your help.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: visa refused

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Dusya wrote:Hi! We have been following the forum for a year now but never wrote anything, but today we really need somebody’s advice.

I am from Kazakhstan and I have been living in the UK for the past 9 years. At first I was staying here on various student visas, then I got Limited Leave to Remain as an extension to the previous student visa. Then I have got married to an EEA national in Kazakhstan and got Family Permit of an EEA national once came back to the UK. After 1 year of marriage we have separated and got a divorce due to domestic violence, drug abuse and cheating from my husband’s side. He destroyed my passport (cut out the page with valid visa in it) and it took me nearly a year to get a new passport and to prepare the documents for the Home Office with the help of the solicitors.
During that year I have met my current partner and we fell in love. He is also an EEA national who is exercising his EU treaty rights here as a migrant worker. We went into serious relationship and up until today we have been living together for two and a half years.
So 1 year ago I have sent my documents to the UK Border Agency with the application for Discretionary Leave to Remain (under article 8 of the Human Rights). In the supportive letter I have explained that UK became my home country during the past 9 years, that I have a partner with whom I have all the intentions to get married and have a family in the UK, that I am a Godmother of a British child with whom I am in a very close relationship and I would like to stay in the life of that little girl, and basically all my life is here in the UK. And if I would have to return back to Kazakhstan it would be a disaster for me because I have nothing waiting for me there, my mother passed away 4 years ago, my father remarried and we do not keep very much in touch because of that.
After waiting 1 year for the response of the Home Office and contacting my local MP twice I have received their response yesterday. My solicitors have contacted me saying that my application has been refused with no right to appeal.
They have sent the documents back to me yesterday so I am still waiting to see the refusal letter and what was the reason for the refusal. I am also not aware yet how much time they gave me to leave the country or proceed with another application, but as far as I know usually they give about 28 days.
I am asking for your advice on what I should do next. I must come up with a new plan very fast while I have legal permission to remain in the country (probably 28 days).
Option A: Reconsideration Letter. Since the Home Office has refused the visa with no right to appeal we think that we still have a right to send a Reconsideration Letter. In the letter we would explain why we think we should not have been refused. Do you think it would be a good idea to go down this route?
Option B: EEA Family Permit. My partner and I have been living together for the past two and a half years and we can prove that our relationship is genuine. My partner is an EEA national who has been exercising his EU treaty rights in the UK for the past 5 years as a migrant worker. Since he is an EEA national he does not require to reach the £18,600 threshold to bring his family to the UK. The question is: can an unmarried partner of an EEA national apply for such visa?
Option C: Get married. My partner and I have all the intentions to get married as soon as we can (up until now I did not have my passport at hand to do so). Do you think we can do that while I do not really have a valid visa to stay in the country and my application has just been refused with no right to appeal? So can we get married during these 28 days and then quickly apply for the EEA Family Permit as a wife of the European citizen? Will Registration Office or Church of England consider marrying us?
Could you please advise what option would be the best and what we should do next.
Leaving the country and separate with my partner is not an option for me as we might end up being separated for a very long time. If you think I have other options then please let me know what they are.

Since I do not have much time to come up with a new plan I would very much appreciate your quick response. We are ready to fight for our right to be together no matter what it takes. Thank you in advance for your help.
it best u apply on the basus of ur eu partner. you would need a good solicitor
Godgives

verbina
Russia

Re: visa refused

Post by verbina » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Dusya wrote:Hi! We have been following the forum for a year now but never wrote anything, but today we really need somebody’s advice.

Privet bratello!!! :-) Ti po-russki govorish?!
Gonna revert back to English now (sorry everyone, couldn't resist couple of words in my native lingo with a fellow russian-speaker) lol.
Joke aside, welcome to the forum babe! Sorry about the lovely situation that's brought you here though :(.
To be honest, without knowing what's in the refusal letter its hard to suggest anything really... It could be simply the case of sending them reconsideration letter! I'm sure you ve got a very strong case here .
Have you sent HO your divorce cert along with your paperwork?
If not that might be part of the problem babe..Also have you made HO aware of a history of domestic violence you suffered from your ex?
Hopefully you receive your docs from solicitor tomorrow, so you ll be able to draw up your plan of action then.