ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:05 pm

dalebutt wrote:Wigsy, how is the Irish embassy handling of your wife's visa application? Given the fact that she does not possess a valid residence permit in the UK, will the application be sent to Dublin for a decision or it's being processed in London? Good luck.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=135190

I sent a copy of a FOI response clearly stating that them issuing or not issuing documentation has no bearing on my wifes leave...

and a FOI response outlining that my wife doesn't even need entry clearance to return to the UK...

However, Irish embassy told my wife they needed her old *(expired)* passport, despite sending in all required documents for Dir 2004/38/EC.

Just waiting now... Been told that it could take up to 12 months though ??? (I mean FFS... 12 months... hardly an accellerated process eh). considering requesting passport back and border crossing without visa...

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:40 am

hi everyone hope things are putting up pretty well

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:24 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign=1490

Thats my MP... Looks like he actually does care about our case, and wasn't just blowing up a load of hot air...

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:01 pm

kiss300 wrote:hi everyone hope things are putting up pretty well
I have being here for a while. My zambrano was refused and I got married along the the line. Most of u know my story. Ky solisitor insisted we treat the appeal while getting all the document ready for our eea2 application. Now we are about applying next week and I got a letter today that the hearing date is scheduled for november. What do u think my forum members can I cancel the hearing once the date is fixed. I am confused nw. My lawyer said he will be charging 900 for the hearing alone after we had paid 1200 for the original application

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:06 pm

cancel his services, as you dont need his services (you have EEA rights ... sorry, your spouse is EEA right?)

Rep yourself, and take all the info on a welfare of child, including the Sec of State issued guidance ETC...

I've been really busy lately, so its hard to collate the information... but I will get around to it... (I need to for when our case finally goes to court)

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm

wiggsy wrote:cancel his services, as you dont need his services (you have EEA rights ... sorry, your spouse is EEA right?)

Rep yourself, and take all the info on a welfare of child, including the Sec of State issued guidance ETC...

I've been really busy lately, so its hard to collate the information... but I will get around to it... (I need to for when our case finally goes to court)
. Thanks for the prompt response.The appeal is still for the 5thof november. So u reckon I dnt cancel it and then still apply for the spouse rc

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:55 pm

i assume youve paid the appeals fees already?

if so... just appeal yourself... (why waste the money)

The home office figures need to reflect the true scope of their shortcomings...

you dont qualify for a DRC NOW*, but you DID when refused...
* You have a valid EEA route by virtue of spouse... and the regs state that Para 15A only apply to somebody without another valid claim under the 2006 regs...

obviously... the choice is yours...

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:41 pm

wiggsy wrote:i assume youve paid the appeals fees already?

if so... just appeal yourself... (why waste the money)

The home office figures need to reflect the true scope of their shortcomings...

you dont qualify for a DRC NOW*, but you DID when refused...
* You have a valid EEA route by virtue of spouse... and the regs state that Para 15A only apply to somebody without another valid claim under the 2006 regs...

obviously... the choice is yours...

Yes. Thanks a lot I reason with what you said. I will be making the application next week and at the same time be preparing for the appeal myself with the help of my lovely forum members like you. Who knows I can even receive my RC before the appeal because the processing time for EEA2 application this days has improved some one got his in a month and 15 days. November is still four months away. Although we now have to pay 55 pounds for each applicant making 110 for me and my son :(

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:01 pm

but you dont HAVE to apply... IT IS OPTIONAL...

YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO RESIDE UNDER EEA LAW... - For yourself yes, but for your son, why bother registering... he doesnt need to prove his right..

Also, bear in mind: the fee is illegal.. EEA regs still state that the issue will be FREE OF CHARGE...

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:22 pm

So, Guys... moving back... my wifes application has been refused (she hasn't been sent a refusal notice yet though)...

looking at the SAR return it reads:
24th may

PENDING CHECKS AND APPROVAL

Refuse - Zambrano - Primary Carer of a British Citizen Child.

Appropriate checks are in date and are considered.

Evidence of the primary carer's identity has been submitted in the form of: Copy of IDN passport. It would appear that this was retained by the Home Office but returned to the applicant on 22/4/13.

Evidence that the primary carer is the direct family member or legal guardian: UK issued birth certificate confirming parents as W B P and M P. Wayne is a GBR notional and therefore an exempt person.

Evidence that the primary carer has sole or shared responsibility for the child: The applicant has applied as the primary carer of GBR children, claiming that her GBR spouse is unable to care for the children initially due to employment and now due to his poor health. She has also stated that she is nursing the youngest child, which her spoise is unable to do. Although she has indicated that if she was able to undertake employment she would express milk.

Evidence of the BC child's nationality has been seen in the form of UK issued birth cert. The child's father is and was a GBR national at the time of the childs birth.

Evidence of the BC child's current residence in the UK: letter from Children's Centre stratford dated 10/04/13.

Summary of reasons for refusal: There is insufficient evidence as to why the child's father is unable to care for the child/ren. He was initially a worker and the medical evidence suggests he could carry out work that doesn't impact on his back. There is insufficient medical evidence or evidence from Social Services to catagorically state he is unable to care for the children. If the applicant took up employment as she has been wanting to do, who would be caring for the child/ren then. Although she has stated that she is breastfeeding she has also stated that she would express milk. The applicant has recommended that we contact Social Services for information, if they are involved in the family, there is no reason why they cannot continue to provide support to the father. I have soncidered the IDN as the primary carer of her spouse, but there is no evidence to suggest that he wouldnt be able to get support from Social Services/NHS etc for any medical conditions. [ ############# THREE LINES OF BLACKED OUT TEXT]
[#############################################]
[#########] It should also be noted that the applicant has been contacted in the name M T Maiden name as this is the name on her passport. IF she wants to be known in her married name she will need to obtain and submit a passport in that name.

Application for a derivative right of residence is refused under regulation 15A(4) and 15A(7).

Right of appeal: Yes

Applicant passport signalled and retained: CID indicates that this has been returned to the applicant in april 2013.

Documents enclosed for: NHS documents and tablet box.

Refusal documents sent to applicant via: applicant address.

Package reference no. (if applicable): 1st class post (applicants own reply envelope)

If no appeal is raised please forward file to NRT COU M&E
Page 9 is missing... (as are a hell of a lot of other documents)...

Clearly IDI's Article 8 instructions not taken into consideration...

Now: my wife hasnt been issued a refusal notice (yet)... we only know because of her Subject Access Report... Can we appeal already?

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Wiggsy..so sorry for this decision... May God help us all with all these refusals..

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:49 pm

evie233 wrote:Wiggsy..so sorry for this decision... May God help us all with all these refusals..
I knew it would be a refusal, so its not a shock... the good news being it clearly states right of appeal: yes..

the problem is, we didnt receive the notice yet... and Ollie Carlisle has said numerous times on the telephone that no decision has been made (last time was just on friday, and again today)... But it looks clear that the decision HAS been made already... we have just not been informed about it...

I called Ollie again today, and he said to me that unforetunately he is just a middle man... and he has just repeated what he has been told... to which I said "well to be fair, its unfair on yourself being told one lot of bullsh... to then pass that onto the end person..." (he seamed to agree although didnt say it)...

I've wrote to the home office outlining that I expect a formal decision sending within 14 calander days (at which point six months will be up)... and I have included the note above... Ive made it clear that myself and our children can also file an action against the home office for them breaching our rights to a family life, in addition to my wife...

Ive made it clear that the amount of evidence we have outlining the welfare of children is quite substantial... and that it is clearly stated in the Human Rights Act 1998 that in ANY DECISION made by an org, it MUST pay attention to the HRA.

I've included a copy of the ISE343 that they sent to my wife, and made it clear on the basis that the Home Office have already threatened to detain my wife, the appeals route is not required, as they would be breaching Art 5 of the HRA.

I've also made it clear that the application was as a spouse of an EEA national that has worked in Finland (highlighting Metock, which raises the method of entry into the country [including any possible overstaying ETC] cannot be taken into account], and the fact that EU law states that a person on the EU route CANNOT be treated any less favourably than a person on the UK Regs.

It is clear by the fact that they will not consider Art8/Zambrano IDI's guidance that they are treating EU law less favourably...

I've stated that I expect a final response within 14 days, with my wifes residence card as the spouse of an EU national (I am british, but HAVE WORKED in the EU - albeit prior to marriage etc).

Just a matter of waiting on that response, and the formal refusal notice I guess, but we are going round a solicitors tomorrow... along with getting Social Services involved... As it is clear that they need to be involved now as the Home Office are proposing that I take on full time care responsabilities.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:13 am

That is good wiggsy, at least you are on the right track.. I noticed that ukba returned your wife's passport, I know you spoke about it earlier in your posts, but I can't seem to find it. Do you think it is possible for me to do the same? I need to renew my passport?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:18 am

http://our-ukba-battle.tk/n_30_Illegal- ... t.....html

< the emails i sent regarding such...

It might be useful to view the PAP... and forget sending a polite letter, but give them 14 days to comply, and then issue court proceedings for the release... -

THERE IS NO RIGHT OF APPEAL IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES... JR IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO IF THEY REFUSE...

I think the reason it took me so long to get it was I didnt send the PAP letter, it was only once I sent them the threat of court action they had somebody drive the passports down (that night) from Liverpool.
Last edited by wiggsy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:19 am

Bless you wiggsy..

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:22 am

evie233 wrote:Bless you wiggsy..
- (sadly the home office have been in touch with my host saying im hosting copyrighted materials (letter RE benefits etc)... My host have suspended access from my IP range so I cant login to admin area (can only view site via "HideMyAss" proxy... Got lots of info to update on there ;)

[my host is in america, which has a fair use policy... and I've argued that the govt cannot have copyright materials if it is a document that was created in the course of somebody's function in office... :P so they have left the site there (for now)]

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:00 pm

wiggsy wrote:
evie233 wrote:Bless you wiggsy..
- (sadly the home office have been in touch with my host saying im hosting copyrighted materials (letter RE benefits etc)... My host have suspended access from my IP range so I cant login to admin area (can only view site via "HideMyAss" proxy... Got lots of info to update on there ;)

[my host is in america, which has a fair use policy... and I've argued that the govt cannot have copyright materials if it is a document that was created in the course of somebody's function in office... :P so they have left the site there (for now)]
I am not surprised they did that anyway, you fought them well, so they wanted to limit you.. They are bullies, they know that not all migrants has access to that much information.. Please appeal and fight them..

Indie007
Newly Registered

Post by Indie007 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi all . Just wanted to ask wether you are liable for the Home Office legal costs if you lose your JR case?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Indie007 wrote:Hi all . Just wanted to ask wether you are liable for the Home Office legal costs if you lose your JR case?
It is possible to be liable... This is why you have to be sure your case stands a chance...

http://www.publiclawproject.org.uk/docu ... galAid.pdf

http://www.publiclawproject.org.uk/AdviceGeneral.html

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:17 pm

wiggsy wrote:
Indie007 wrote:Hi all . Just wanted to ask wether you are liable for the Home Office legal costs if you lose your JR case?
It is possible to be liable... This is why you have to be sure your case stands a chance...

http://www.publiclawproject.org.uk/docu ... galAid.pdf

http://www.publiclawproject.org.uk/AdviceGeneral.html
Help please, If I want to request for an expedited hearing, what should I have to do?

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello @wiggsy, sorry about our wife's refusal. It's really sad the HO take us down this road. How are you carrying on?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:40 pm

@Sarahassy...
"Help please, If I want to request for an expedited hearing, what should I have to do?"
You need to ask for it on the application form, and give reasons... not sure if you can do it AFTER applying... your best to call the tribunerals service etc... (hopefully you get a friendly answer)
GLH2012 wrote:Hello @wiggsy, sorry about our wife's refusal. It's really sad the HO take us down this road. How are you carrying on?
Well....
firstly, they havent issued a final decision... the courts told me that until they actually send a letter then no descision has been made...

i wrote the letter telling them to provide their final decision within 14 days... they have till the 19th to do so...

My wifes EEA2 application has no mention on her SAR... legally they have to assess her claim as the spouse of an EEA national. (I worked in Finland, although we were not married at the time...)

I personally do not have a right of appeal... im confident on that basis that I will then personally be able to bring a JR against the home office as they are infringing my rights, and the rights of my children to a family life.

Additionally, a new IS96 has been issued to my wife today... so her PAP on the basis that this IS96 is not compliant with the law is being sent off today... When we file for JR it will include all of these items...

Also, her sar was incomplete... missing numerous pages... reports starting "page 3 of 10" and 1/2/10 missing, ETC...
Emails sent from various depts (HMRC, DWP) when my wife applied for a NINo.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 am

wiggsy wrote:So, Guys... moving back... my wifes application has been refused (she hasn't been sent a refusal notice yet though)...

looking at the SAR return it reads:
24th may

PENDING CHECKS AND APPROVAL

Refuse - Zambrano - Primary Carer of a British Citizen Child.

Appropriate checks are in date and are considered.

Evidence of the primary carer's identity has been submitted in the form of: Copy of IDN passport. It would appear that this was retained by the Home Office but returned to the applicant on 22/4/13.

Evidence that the primary carer is the direct family member or legal guardian: UK issued birth certificate confirming parents as W B P and M P. Wayne is a GBR notional and therefore an exempt person.

Evidence that the primary carer has sole or shared responsibility for the child: The applicant has applied as the primary carer of GBR children, claiming that her GBR spouse is unable to care for the children initially due to employment and now due to his poor health. She has also stated that she is nursing the youngest child, which her spoise is unable to do. Although she has indicated that if she was able to undertake employment she would express milk.

Evidence of the BC child's nationality has been seen in the form of UK issued birth cert. The child's father is and was a GBR national at the time of the childs birth.

Evidence of the BC child's current residence in the UK: letter from Children's Centre stratford dated 10/04/13.

Summary of reasons for refusal: There is insufficient evidence as to why the child's father is unable to care for the child/ren. He was initially a worker and the medical evidence suggests he could carry out work that doesn't impact on his back. There is insufficient medical evidence or evidence from Social Services to catagorically state he is unable to care for the children. If the applicant took up employment as she has been wanting to do, who would be caring for the child/ren then. Although she has stated that she is breastfeeding she has also stated that she would express milk. The applicant has recommended that we contact Social Services for information, if they are involved in the family, there is no reason why they cannot continue to provide support to the father. I have soncidered the IDN as the primary carer of her spouse, but there is no evidence to suggest that he wouldnt be able to get support from Social Services/NHS etc for any medical conditions. [ ############# THREE LINES OF BLACKED OUT TEXT]
[#############################################]
[#########] It should also be noted that the applicant has been contacted in the name M T Maiden name as this is the name on her passport. IF she wants to be known in her married name she will need to obtain and submit a passport in that name.

Application for a derivative right of residence is refused under regulation 15A(4) and 15A(7).

Right of appeal: Yes

Applicant passport signalled and retained: CID indicates that this has been returned to the applicant in april 2013.

Documents enclosed for: NHS documents and tablet box.

Refusal documents sent to applicant via: applicant address.

Package reference no. (if applicable): 1st class post (applicants own reply envelope)

If no appeal is raised please forward file to NRT COU M&E
Page 9 is missing... (as are a hell of a lot of other documents)...

Clearly IDI's Article 8 instructions not taken into consideration...

Now: my wife hasnt been issued a refusal notice (yet)... we only know because of her Subject Access Report... Can we appeal already?
Sorry to see this bad news ,I think you have plan B. For my case ,I appealed but I want my application to be reconsidered. How can I go about this.
Rob is no longer in charge. Who is in charge and his /her details please.(E-mail and phone no)

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:29 am

kofi75 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:
kofi75 wrote:
marina4 wrote:Thanks Guys !
I went to see my solicitor today, and he sill maintained that i cannot have the appeal on and also put in for article 8/parent of a british child/ex1 , saying this would not make sense and the judge at the appeal might decide that the appeal cannot continue until we get the outcome of the new application . He is charging 750 for the appeal application and 1500 to appear in court.
thanks
This is too dear,I personally will not pay more than 600 for a solicitor's service.A little bit of research and you will be able to present your case at court.You need the relevant Articles to argue the best interest of a child and caselaws on cases thathave been allowed by a higher court on Zambrano.I will not advise you to pay this much for just an appeal
kofi have you been to court or you still waiting?
I am due court in July
Hello Kofi, please don't forget to update us after your appeal.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:17 pm

@kofi75, please do update us on how the court case turned out.