ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query || Workpermit and Tourist visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

needilr2013
Newly Registered

ILR query || Workpermit and Tourist visa

Post by needilr2013 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:51 am

Hi All

I have a strange situation. I am elegiable for ILR by next month ( stayed in uk for 5 years on work permit).

As an indian employee work mainly in UK but never got transfered over to UK employee. While i was in india on an assingment i applied for a Visitor visa ( as i have a family in UK) but never really used it as i had work permit and my compony took care of my visit.

Can this be an issue having two the visa ??

I assue as i apply for ILR i can get a letter from my compony saying i was here on business and wend back to india on business but can the PEO officer ask the reason i need to have visitor visa when i had work permit ??

WP2008
Newly Registered

Re: ILR query || Workpermit and Tourist visa

Post by WP2008 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm

• That is my question as well. If you had a valid work visa, why did you apply for a visitor visa? Also, wonder how UKBA even issued a visitor visa in the first place?

Also, were you on UK payroll all these 5 years? Any breaks?

Are you being paid at or above your SOC level?

Have you been paying taxes and NI?

needilr2013
Newly Registered

Post by needilr2013 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:26 pm

I have a family in uk and been travelling here on visitor visa's before i got work permit.

The reason i renewed my visitor visa was on the fact that i was not allowed to travel to UK if there is no work assignment. ( as i was working in India and UK on different projects).

I have been in UK for over 5 years now and have got few breaks but all under 180 in a year.

I have been paying NI and taxes to HMRS for all 5 years. Got a letter from HMRC stating they have got my tax record.

Now the Question still remains. Is this going to be an issue or not ??